• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeadClot

Private
43 Badges
Apr 6, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Impire
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hey,

I am a newbie to these forums. That said - I want to buy your massive backlog and future games on GOG.

About GOG for the Uninitiated:

GOG (Formerly Good Old Games) is a digital store front specializing in DRM-free games. It is owned by CD Projekt (Creators of the Witcher Series and Cyberpunk 2020). They are getting ready to launch their optional client known as GOG Galaxy. With all that said it is also steam's biggest competitor financially.

GOG has recently started to sell DRM-Free movies as well as games.

All that said - What would it take to get your backlog and future games onto GOG?

That said - Most of us over on the GOG forums want to buy your games. Please consider us. :)

http://www.gog.com/

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

Reactions:
I hear patience is a virtue.

/shams

Reactions:
Also, there are games that are available from both Steam and gog. Though perhaps on the newer games Paradox signed a contract with Steam giving them exclusive distribution rights.

Also, there are games that are available from both Steam and gog. Though perhaps on the newer games Paradox signed a contract with Steam giving them exclusive distribution rights.
On the newer games MP, achievements and perhaps other things doesn't work without steam; I think that is the biggest reason steam is the sole distribution platform.

Only when you have to launch the game from the client. EU4 has a bug ATM where is you launch the game from it's directory the AI does not work.
That will be patched away though, so you cannot blame PDX for that; they didn't do it on purpose after all.

That will be patched away though, so you cannot blame PDX for that; they didn't do it on purpose after all.

I can blame them for not testing no steam mode for five minutes. You would see it in less than five minutes if you were a tester. I can also blaming them for not making a hotfix since they fixed the issue internally a long time ago.

Reactions:
Of course I can blame Paradox for it. They failed to properly test their patch before releasing it. Furthermore, they didn't bother to release a hotfix to fix the issue.

Reactions:
This is an odd joke; Steam is not DRM.

Joke or not, Gamersgate agrees. Search for strategy games without DRM and two notable Paradox games do not show up. You should tell them that they are wrong. ;)

Reactions:
Joke or not, Gamersgate agrees. Search for strategy games without DRM and two notable Paradox games do not show up. You should tell them that they are wrong. ;)
It's not my business how they classify their games. Steam is not DRM, period.

Reactions:
It's not my business how they classify their games. Steam is not DRM, period.
Not strictly true.

Steam does have DRM it is up to individual publishers whether they use it or not.
Paradox at least for PDS titles choses not to, many games on steam do though.

Reactions: