• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idiotboy

Field Marshal
83 Badges
Nov 7, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
In my now 3 games I ran across something similar each time. The AI doesn´t construct any military units or at least VERY few of them. When I overran France in late 1938 they had like 8-9 divisions total. This strikes me as more than a bit odd frankly. Other nations suffer from the same problem. The USSR rarely has more than 30 units or so. Surprising enough is that the minors suffers the least but that is mostly because their militaries are about historical size initially so they don´t really have t construct new units.

Upvote 0
Well I didn´t count the ships and that but I´m not joking man. They usually station 2-3 division on the maginot line and then they usually have a stray division or two in the nation itself as well as a small group too the south. It´s pretty much the same each time.

Originally posted by Idiotboy
Well I didn´t count the ships and that but I´m not joking man. They usually station 2-3 division on the maginot line and then they usually have a stray division or two in the nation itself as well as a small group too the south. It´s pretty much the same each time.

On page 14 of the ledger (or whatever page national army comparison is on), how many units does it say France has?

Originally posted by BiB
On page 14 of the ledger (or whatever page national army comparison is on), how many units does it say France has?

Hmm that´s funny it says that they actually have 40 units 2 months before the war breaks out. That begs the questions:

1. Where are said units stationed? I never saw them thats for sure.

2. This is a game where the raising of new units seem to take quite some time I have to start raising units like crazy to get a historical sized army in 1939 so why don´t the AI catch on? Remember that this is 3 years after the game starts and the AI hasn´t raised a single new unit for the french. Contemplating that they started the war a bit more foresight might be good.

I have this in my game as the US - Britain has built squat in 1942 - all they have defending their island are three squadrons of pre-war fighters - hardly an RAF to be proud of. Also - entire British army = 7 divisions. They may have lost some in Africa and France, but that would've been years ago.

I join the chorus. I invaded france yesterday. And they had about ten divisions stationed at the maginot line. not one armor. it was childs play to defeat them. no BEF in sight either (although that makes sense, why waste it ;) ).