• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not too familiar with the situation as I'm not a PS fan but I believe mods in other games were causing issues on the PS4. PlayStation's response was to not allow game mods on their consoles.

If I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Yes, essentially Sony's restrictions make it impossible. Tantalus tried for years then just gave up.

Note that there are no mods as such on Xbox either, only custom assets. Altering gameplay is not possible on any console.

So let me get this straight, an editor mod cannot be packaged in a DLC?
Mods and DLCs are unrelated things, so I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Sure, but what does "an editor mod cannot be packaged in a DLC" mean? Mods can't be in DLCs, nor vice versa. Mods are written by users, DLCs by the studio.

Ok I got you. So, these MODs that console players are requesting come to console, have to be approved by Paradox and Sony.

Thread 'Why does Xbox have mods, but Ps4 does not?' https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/why-does-xbox-have-mods-but-ps4-does-not.1454854/

In this thread it says that some of these assets are not approved by Sony, and perhaps that's why Paradox isn't interested in adopting them.

So my final question is: If Paradox was interested in adopting one of these MODS as a tool, could they turn content "written by users" into a DLC that Sony would approve? Like Ex: Move it! and Traffic Manager.

There is no modding (ie changing gameplay) possible in any console. This is nothing to do with Sony or anyone approving anything, it is simply not possible.

Extra assets are possible, but Sony's conditions for them made it impractical, as I understand it.

• 1Like
Reactions: