• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fipse

First Lieutenant
105 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Lead and Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Something me and my MP were asking ourself: Why does the Province Hessen have a Courthouse at 1444? Paradox probably did not put it there randomly and I tried to find an explanation by looking through courts, laws and administration stuff for that area during that time period, but could not find a good reason why it exists in the game.

I know, not a serious game mechanic question but an interesting curiosity :D

From what I can tell this was added by mistake during the development of Common Sense. I'm removing it now :)

Imperial court had seat in Wetzlar since 1689, but it was just a Free City in Hesse...

From what I can tell this was added by mistake during the development of Common Sense. I'm removing it now :)
You are just removing it like that? Without thinking about the potentially game breaking balance issues that might follow from a rash decision in the game set up?

You are just removing it like that? Without thinking about the potentially game breaking balance issues that might follow from a rash decision in the game set up?
Clearly the forums will be flooded with "Hesse is unplayable now" and "Hesse 1.22 Strategy" threads

Frankly, I miss the days when provinces had some buildings from the start. It makes the starting positions a little different and one can always destroy any buildings they don't like.

It's there to represent the Arsenale di Venezia, the largest industrial complex built before the industrial revolution.
"...the Arsenal employed some 16,000 people who apparently were able to produce nearly one ship each day..."

Arsenale di Venezia, unique building in Venice. Galley build time -100%.

yeah we should give hesse few dozens of development to compensate
I think that is to overdo it. But maybe +1k starting infantry and another +25 starting gold could balance it out.

Something me and my MP were asking ourself: Why does the Province Hessen have a Courthouse at 1444? Paradox probably did not put it there randomly and I tried to find an explanation by looking through courts, laws and administration stuff for that area during that time period, but could not find a good reason why it exists in the game.

I know, not a serious game mechanic question but an interesting curiosity :D
From what I remember, vaguely, it's a leftover from EU3 province history files, where in that game it was a different building of some sort, with the historic comment in the province file explaining why. Which in turn I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought in from EU2 though I barely played that to make more of guess on that

Didn't someone once say the courthouse in Hesse was based on some real building or institution? Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere anymore. It might not've been on this forum.

From what I remember, vaguely, it's a leftover from EU3 province history files, where in that game it was a different building of some sort, with the historic comment in the province file explaining why. Which in turn I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought in from EU2 though I barely played that to make more of guess on that

I will check out the EU3 files then.