• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xbox one player

Recruit
Mar 26, 2021
I understand that the devs are trying to make the best strategy game they can. But you are making it more and more complicated for players. For example I talked some of my friends into buying the game. So I was teaching them how to play it. Which when it was first released on xbox it was not so complicated. So we started playing an online match and we was all having alot of fun. Then you guys decided to update it and add new options, resources, and so on. Some of my friends plainly gave up and said it was changed too much and that it wasn't even fun anymore because you spend 80% of your time just trying to build your resources up to be able to make a fleet. Since now you have so many more resources and other things you have to maintain. Just to be able to build a fleet to be able to actually do the combat part of the game. Now with this new update you add even more stuff that you dont really need. Especially on a console version. Serious question..... are you trying to over complicate the game so people will stop playing it?

Reactions:
This is a direct port of a pc strategy game I take it you have never played a pc strategy game cos this is very uncomplicated compared to a lot of other games out there

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah I know what u mean but the changes are kinda set in stone as we are getting the changes pc had around a year ago so in the future it will change even more as we catch up to them. I really like the changes as I like my strategy games as complex as I can get them as I was a fan of master of Orion games and was well happy when I heard stellaris was coming to console

i understand the jump to... what was it, 2.2? i can understand that being a hurdle since it fundamentally changed the foundations of the game, but every update since then has been quality of life improvements or the fleshing out of existing systems.

i’m very glad it’s not static and trying to achieve parity with pc. this notion that console players are somehow different to pc players is a bit absurd.

I'm glad we are getting all the meaty PC updates. I want stellaris to be as complexe as they can make it, because there is simply nothing even remotely comparable to it on consoles.

There is nothing complicated about it. The game simply offers more choices now rather then raildroading you down a path. That drastically increases replayability.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I've been playing since the game launched on ps4 and it didn't take me very long to adapt to the new changes, the new update offers quite a number of new ways to play and to overcome old issues such as empire sprawl which is much more manageable now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I also love the new origins, Galactic Community and Federation changes. I can't wait until the Federations DLC drops so we get all the features in that. Becoming the Senate as my top priority ;)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Part of the reason I stopped playing on PC years ago was whatever update added districts, and other things, don’t really remember, but it changed so drastically that I no longer knew how to play the game. However, I came back to it recently on Xbox and since I couldn’t remember much of how it used to be, it was like learning a new game, and I have found that it isn’t that hard to learn, though there are challenging aspects of the game, which is good. You just have to get used to it, and expect your empire to struggle for a while before you are truly pleased with it. I find that my empires are messy and occasionally I have production problems until maybe the mid game. You just have to keep solving problems until there are no more problems. Great game, though still room for improvement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think most Stellaris players appreciate a more complex game. Its not like the Civilization franchise where you can expect to win your first game. It requires an investment of time and effort to learn. It can be frustrating at times, especially if playing Iron-Man, but I think it is worth the effort. This game has held my interest much longer than most games I play, and I still have so many things I haven't tried yet.

I think the major change to version 2.2 turned off a few players who liked the game the way it was. I have to admit the only reason I started on console was to play the old version. Now that I've played the new version for I while, I think I like it better. If you give it a chance, I think you might like it more than you expected.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am just saying in general that if they keep changing things from update to update
And yet that is almost exactly how it is on PC

the big difference with console is that instead of getting the updates gradually, in smaller doses like PC does
we get them in a big batch

now I don't know the exact reasoning as to why Tantalus [the company doing the console port of the game for Paradox] is giving us the updates in this manner
it could be because they don't have a big team like Paradox does
it could be that it is easier to do updates in this manner for the limited technology the consoles have

And yet that is almost exactly how it is on PC

the big difference with console is that instead of getting the updates gradually, in smaller doses like PC does
we get them in a big batch

now I don't know the exact reasoning as to why Tantalus [the company doing the console port of the game for Paradox] is giving us the updates in this manner
it could be because they don't have a big team like Paradox does
it could be that it is easier to do updates in this manner for the limited technology the consoles have
it could be partially because of the cert process required for each update and because Tantalus also develops for Age of Empires II & III (PC) and Cities skylines (Xbone, ps4, Switch, pc)