• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lol has this guy seriously been arguing the ottomans are too strong for almost 20 pages now? maybe if he spent more time playing the game instead of moaning on the forums he'd be good enough to beat them

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Does Erdogan give Paradox money? Because there's no other explanation for why the Ottomans are so overpowered.

If the Austria gets an early PU over Hungary then yes, they struggle. But if that doesn't happen, they can do as they've done in my game and just eat everything. Right now they're in Krakow, Vienna and Tuscany.

I've had enough. I'm uninstalling and removing this game until Paradox fix this. It's a joke. They should be nerfed come 1700s per history.
*Screams in Byzantine*

Reactions:
I believe when the age of nationalism comes in the 1700s provinces of not your main culture gets a 3+ unrest and 15+ separatism. Snowballing is annoying but with high absolutism and gov cap, the Ottomans are a threat and are the "Healthy Man of Europe".

Reactions:
Modern turkish culture is different yes. But in what way was 15th century Turkish culture different than Levantine culture? From what I know they lived with and integrated with nearly every culture in that region. Including Persians and Kurds too.

Yes and that happened for every empire of the era. The Russians moved east in large numbers and integrated heavily with the cultures there, which routinely provided huge amounts of manpower. The British raised massive forces in India under the East India Company. The Spanish arguably raised more forces in the New World than in the old with the misadventures of Cortez and Pizarro. And on it goes. Portugal raised proportionally huge forces in Asia. Pretty much everyone was able to raise substantial manpower from every culture.

And while the Greeks and Serbs would revolt, they also were quite prone to fighting for the Ottomans in disproportionate numbers. And this was common. Peoples on the frontiers were quite willing to fight for whomever would protect their families from cross border raids. Routinely border cultures would serve in the army, if only to have a chance to plunder the other side of the border for personal enrichment/score settling/adventure.

Homogenous nations tied by mystic chords of nationalism is a very late phenomena for EUIV. People might fight for the king as God's viceroy, they might fight to protect their loved ones, they might fight for loot, they might fight for social mobility, but the ability to raise levies from wrong cultures was idiotically common and typical.

Reactions: