• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Grumpy Buddha

Major
24 Badges
May 31, 2016
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Playing an Empire Mode game right now and I've got some very grumpy Vorpal Snipers (FWIW, possibly built in an influence-acquired settlement, though I thought at least some were built after using whatever magic currency (Imperial Renown?) that unlocks units from previous wins.) Playing the Vanguard.

They are deserting left and right, but everyone else in the armies is feeling chipper. What game mechanic am I missing?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Vorpal Snipers are Assembly, so what's your race relations with Assembly. That influences their morale and low morale can result in desertion.

Well, I slightly genocided the Assembly player after he declared war on me. I generally don't Raze colonies, but there was a Renown award for that -- I bet that had something to do with it, right? Lesson learned!

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Why this guy doesn't like me after i genocide his people? :D

The relationship you have with a factions affects the opinion units of that faction have of you. Killing each and every kir´ko on the map and razing / changing the factions of kir´ko cities will make them grumpy bugs too :)

Grumpy kir´ko should be normal after all. With what the star union made to them and the devs killing their cousins they got reasons to be grumpy :p