Why are Knight Accolades so Barebones?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know their main designer would still like to do more with them and isn't the happiest with how little overt supporting flavour they were able to add, so I'd expect a trickle of content to come in for them over time, but that's likely to be a bit of a slow process as it basically requires free time, and free time is the rarest luxury on a project in development.

I don't think a trait is necessarily the best addition, but memories are an easy win, forms of address would need supporting content to be of much use, and the title history might be a save game issue size issue (having to save hundreds to thousands of extra dead characters can really bloat save size). I can flick a bug in for the lack of memories, we can fix that, and I'll ask Code about the title history thing, that may well be sortable too but sounds potentially dicier to me.
Excellent, thank you!

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
:) Apparently the history list is likely doable and shouldn't screw with saves unduly. No promises/timelines, but Jira's made & Code's looking into it.

... also I shared that margarita comment to some industry friends from other companies and they had more or less the same response as me. ^^' So uhh, congrats, various London devs think our community is terrifyingly sassy.

• 14Like
  • 7Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
:) Apparently the history list is likely doable and shouldn't screw with saves unduly. No promises/timelines, but Jira's made & Code's looking into it.

... also I shared that margarita comment to some industry friends from other companies and they had more or less the same response as me. ^^' So uhh, congrats, various London devs think our community is terrifyingly sassy.
WOW. As the late great Tina Turner said, you're simply the best! Thanks Wokeg.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It's always heartwarming to see such interactions with the community, thank you! No promises, but making sure concerns are heard is great

Might I also suggest taking a look at @Jarl Galdur's suggestion about Accolades? A lot of really flavourful ideas in there.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thanks for helping take point on this Wokeg, I've been thoroughly enjoying the current version of the game (with the aid of some wonderful mods, of course) and these quality of life fixes and other additions you guys are working on will make them even better!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Might I also suggest taking a look at @Jarl Galdur's suggestion about Accolades? A lot of really flavourful ideas in there.
I especially love the suggestion about displaying the Accolade name in the character sheet.
Ex. Sire Jacques 'the Red' the Sword of Francia
1684518866175.png

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: