• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amelianus

Private
19 Badges
May 27, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
As Prussia, I am trying to provoke a war with Poland by declaring war with Nurnburg.
1626934057403.png

After pressing Confirm, I find myself at war with all the above AND Austria. Why Austria?
1626934209132.png

Help?

Attachments

• eu4_1.png
    eu4_1.png
    3,1 MB · Views: 0
Nuremberg is a free city which calls in the emperor (Munich). This calls in all their allies in this case apparently Austria. The fact that is doesn't show allies of the emperor and defender of the faith like it does for normal co-belligerated nations is a design oversight that really should be fixed.

Reactions:
that really should be fixed
or simply deleted ...
in all those centuries, when did the austrian Kaiser when to war to protect a member of the HRE?

in early game i.ex. Burgundy tends to attack Liege and Frederick III. goes to war to protect them ...
irl this Kaiser did not like to leave his castle at all in his long reign, he never had something u could call an army,
only some guards, and for sure could not have payed mercenaries which is why he was eager to marry his son
to Mary of Burgundy to avoid bankruptcy ...

Reactions:
or simply deleted ...
in all those centuries, when did the austrian Kaiser when to war to protect a member of the HRE?

in early game i.ex. Burgundy tends to attack Liege and Frederick III. goes to war to protect them ...
irl this Kaiser did not like to leave his castle at all in his long reign, he never had something u could call an army,
only some guards, and for sure could not have payed mercenaries which is why he was eager to marry his son
An attack on a prince of the HRE is an attack on the Emperor. Besides, if they removed that feature the HRE would probably be gone by 1600.

Reactions:
or simply deleted ...

Then you would need to rebalance the whole HRE again. Besides that display feature the whole system works pretty well in my opinion.

Also there is no way to declare a Reichskrieg similar to what happened multiple times in history against Ottomans and France. The resolution comes close maybe.

Reactions:
Then you would need to rebalance the whole HRE again.
after all those DLCs & updates & patches & hotfixes a full oberhauling would not be so bad imho,
however i am talking about history, not game mechanics ...

during our time frame the Habsburg dynasty was on the Kaiser throne, now name
- only 3 examples when the Kaiser protected a member of the HRE by going to war
- only 1 military mastermind Kaiser conquering new land or winning important battles
- the max size army austria ever led to the battlefield
and i could go on and on ...

fact is: Habsburg dynasty was elected as Kaiser to have the weakest Kaiser u could get so
the electors keep their influence & might. Habsburg cheated their Erzherzog title to not feel
so small compared to other dukes & electors, well u could not buy a Porsche those days ...
they were only very good with marriages etc. that's why we say 'Felix Austra' today ...

Reactions: