• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Paradox Team,
you still have time until the office closes, please dont let us down ;)
It would even be enough for it to be a 1 liner with the theme of the next DLC (Byzantine)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please Paradox, give us something to live for!!
How can we survive in this dark times without a little hope from a sweet Dev Diary???.... *dramatic overreaction mode off*

Reactions:
Am I alone in feeling that of all the PDX dev teams, the CK3 one seem to be the least active and responsive on their forums? They would seriously benefit from taking a page out of Arheo and the I:R team's book.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Do we have word on that? Even now that its released?
I have no idea, however I think the financial success of the CK3 release is unprecedented even for PDX. The dev team should go into DLC hyperproduction akin to The Sims. I would expect that after almost half a year at least some info on the upcoming expansions should be released. Well they are certainly working on a lot of features and updates since release, but the lack of communication worries us.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread! Our team is working on the next endeavours for CK3 and we hope to show more to you all, as soon as we can.
As you mentionned earlier, these are "dark times" and specific countries' restrictions following holidays don't foster a rapid back to work. This said, we're now all back on track but we will ask for some patience before the next Dev Diaries & future content reveal. Thanks for your understanding! :)

Our regular Wednesday & Friday livestreams will also be back shortly.

Cheers,

• 16Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread! Our team is working on the next endeavours for CK3 and we hope to show more to you all, as soon as we can.
As you mentionned earlier, these are "dark times" and specific countries' restrictions following holidays don't foster a rapid back to work. This said, we're now all back on track but we will ask for some patience before the next Dev Diaries & future content reveal. Thanks for your understanding! :)

Our regular Wednesday & Friday livestreams will also be back shortly.

Cheers,

In a digital age where we can work from home, is this a viable excuse though?
As someone working from home currently I am not trying to cause an issue just not sympathetic to this as a reason.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I was gifted the CKIII base game for christmas, and I'm really enjoying it, so I want to invest in the edition that comes with the season pass thing. Is it an option to buy an upgrade as such like you could do with HOIIV

Reactions:
I have no idea, however I think the financial success of the CK3 release is unprecedented even for PDX. The dev team should go into DLC hyperproduction akin to The Sims. I would expect that after almost half a year at least some info on the upcoming expansions should be released. Well they are certainly working on a lot of features and updates since release, but the lack of communication worries us.

It has been four months, I wouldn't call that "almost half a year" yet. In particular considering we were told last month that Dev Diaries would resume partway through this month, which, at least to me, had the implication that we can expect an announcement about new content. Which also got reinforced by Nicou just now, but his post was made after yours of course.

In a digital age where we can work from home, is this a viable excuse though?
As someone working from home currently I am not trying to cause an issue just not sympathetic to this as a reason.

There are always advantages to working on location, such as better equipment, easier communication, a dedicated work place that's not also the place where you relax, and probably a host of other things I don't know because I haven't yet had a job myself (still a student here).

Reactions:
It has been four months, I wouldn't call that "almost half a year" yet. In particular considering we were told last month that Dev Diaries would resume partway through this month, which, at least to me, had the implication that we can expect an announcement about new content. Which also got reinforced by Nicou just now, but his post was made after yours of course.
They said mid-January at the earliest. They never said that they would actually release a new dev diary in mid-January. Which is quite a difference IMO.

Reactions:
I thought about my critical post and I think it was indeed unfair. Besides we did get tons of bugs repaired and the ruler designer! So its not like they are inactive and silent. Just that, compared to some other forums, this one seems less frequented by the devs despite the larger team that I am sure they have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They said mid-January at the earliest. They never said that they would actually release a new dev diary in mid-January. Which is quite a difference IMO.

Still, given how EUIV got a dev diary this Tuesday despite that game likely reaching the end of its lifespan while there hasn't even been a tease picture for their biggest current hit is a bit disheartening.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Still, given how EUIV got a dev diary this Tuesday despite that game likely reaching the end of its lifespan while there hasn't even been a tease picture for their biggest current hit is a bit disheartening.
I think Paradox knows how we feel. :D

(Note that it's their official account. :) )

With "part-way through January" I meant to say "at some point in January, including the end of the month", which I felt reasonable to expect if they said "mid-January at the earliest" (I doubt they'll be more than two weeks later than what they were willing to give as the "earliest" date, even if they technically didn't promise anything), but I can see how that got misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.