• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Polak

Léonard devint ch'ti
3 Badges
Sep 24, 2001
  • For The Glory
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
Hi Everyone !

I'm coming back a little disapointing, cause there isn't so much activity in the forum, but with the hope that thre is some people who have a little interest to FTG to convince Michel to finalize the 1.3 patch.

By the way, i've worked a mod during 18 months but i had to stop for many (private) reasons. Now, i've got more time and i'm ready to mod again, as i want a perfect FTG.
With the different beta patch, i'm pretty sure that the first modifications i've made some time ago are not valide or perhaps, not efficient. So, in my opinion, it's better to rework hard from the beggining. It's for this reason i need some help cause you can bring me better ideas improvements that i could make.
Of course, there is some personnal work, but large amount came from AGCEEP/WATKBAOI/Age of Timur/Plus Ultra, etc....

As i had the question by the past, I don't want to work on the actual Plus Ultra Mod cause there are two things that I can't be agree.
First, the timespan : PU uses the classic 1419-1819, I want a more largest duration and i use a 1378-1843 gap. I'm actually hesitating to finish to 1848, but no moreafter cause in my opinion, the game can't represent the art of war of XIX-XXth century.
Second : i only like the classic CoA.

Well, in spite of this, I think we can work jointly to Improve everyone's mod. What do you think about ? Is It worth to goes on this way and share
our improvements ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Firstly I agree there's nowhere near enough people here to work on more than 1 or 2 mods (I'd like to see A4K continued too), and I'm also interested in an extended timeline. However, you should be more specific about what you've managed to so far and the map you use (though I assume it's the one PV uses).

I'm coming back a little disapointing, cause there isn't so much activity in the forum, but with the hope that thre is some people who have a little interest to FTG to convince Michel to finalize the 1.3 patch.

Actually there are posts in the FtG forum almost every day. Not much compared to a brandnew game that just had been released but a lot for a game that is a few years old.

By the way, i've worked a mod during 18 months but i had to stop for many (private) reasons.

Then you should upload your work and describe it in a thread so that it´s not lost when you have to stop working on that mod again sometime in the future.

Now, i've got more time and i'm ready to mod again, as i want a perfect FTG.

There is no perfect FtG. Everyone has his own special interest in history, geography or appearance that is most important to that person.
Even the map can´t be "perfect" but only an approximation because in the course of 400 years even rivers changed their beds and the coastline changed.

With the different beta patch, i'm pretty sure that the first modifications i've made some time ago are not valide or perhaps, not efficient. So, in my opinion, it's better to rework hard from the beggining. It's for this reason i need some help cause you can bring me better ideas improvements that i could make.
Of course, there is some personnal work, but large amount came from AGCEEP/WATKBAOI/Age of Timur/Plus Ultra, etc....

As i had the question by the past, I don't want to work on the actual Plus Ultra Mod cause there are two things that I can't be agree.
First, the timespan : PU uses the classic 1419-1819, I want a more largest duration and i use a 1378-1843 gap. I'm actually hesitating to finish to 1848, but no moreafter cause in my opinion, the game can't represent the art of war of XIX-XXth century.
Second : i only like the classic CoA.

That would be no problem if you would work on one of the earlier starting date scenarios of Age of Timur or try to create an earlier startdate scenario for PV. In both cases you would not have to create a whole mod from nothing but could use the existing events and databases to build on. Especially as PV has the problems solved by using 1.2 files in the mod that the change from FtG 1.2 to 1.3beta brought that created problems for all existing mods (e.g. by changing the names of cultures and religions).

On what map do you want to have your mod playable?

Edit: Not much traffic on the forum and Nein beats me to the first answer while I´m still typing... ;-)

The map is a modified WATKBAOI, but some american/african part are returned in Terra Incognita.
what I've managed to do ? Review all files in a historical view (but perhaps to the detriment of gameplay...)

More of that :
I think to rework all the general files (religion, technologies, goods) first, and after that, add the countries, one by one.

EDIT : What i've done actually.

It miss a lot of things, there are some error's messages (you can ignore it) and it's in French. Feel free to use :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!a8BCQAQa!hSZwzgAbGUPbJtMYPNRO3bIzy0xd9csXonfDLTit-Lw

Last edited:
Right now I'm adding the Native American states, but I see the Zapotecs lack a tag (ZAP is used by the Mixtecs). Considering this map has more provinces than the original EU2 map, I see no reason to have a single country for the 2 cultures.

This is what I've done:

zdEphuR.jpg

The Mapuche aren't there because they are supposed to remain independent, and a small backwards state will make colonisation easier, not harder.

Tenochtitlan and Cuzco both have CoTs, and that's how the countries are called (neither was an empire at the time). To expand they will have to rely on colonisation, so I made them aware of large areas and allowed them to colonise, but I also suggest that their leaders be conquistadores.

Originally I saw two mixtec-culture provinces, but looking at another map posted in this forum about cultures in precolumbian mesoamerica I noticed that one of them (the blue one) should actually be Tlapanec, so I changed that and added them as a country.

Another suggestion I want to make is that the coastal provinces of Scandinavia that are meant to be colonised by Sweden should have at least trade posts so that no one else takes them.

Last edited:
Hi,

I didn't think that someone would work on my stuff. very glad to you.
For the american stuff, to be honest, i havn't work on this since i'd collected informations 18 months ago.

As far i remember, i've just gather informations about which country is plausible during the game. So, there were the classical meso and south american empires, plus some natives north american countries. More of that, i was aiming to add some new revolters (for exemple, the important number of northamerindians countries, which can erupt only by revolting). Cause, as we start in 1378, we can hardly imagine that those countries are well-organized that Aztec ou Inca empire.

It's a pity that the game can't allow to create a country ex-nihilo from empties provinces, but i think it's too late to ask for.
so, i thought to give the possibility for all americans countries to expend and colonize all aroud, with a risk of emergence of revolter. If a revolter succeeds, an event will give it a good province culture (and so, will erase thr effect of colonization). At the same time, it will stay some empty space for an european to colonize for itself (of course, native revolters can emerge only from another native country).

But, if there are better propositions, i will follow them. In a first time, i think we must to choose wich countries can start in 1378

Back to the game,
'about mixtec/zapotec questions, it's only because i've seen that mixtecs occupied the zapotec's lands at this time, but perhaps it's possible to add a zapotec revolter.
'about north swedish lands: it's to reflect history. those provinces are only known by Sweden in 1378, and more of that, colonization can't begin before to have level 2 in infrastructure. Depending of the future test, but it's possible to forbid the colonization of this area in ai files, if it's necessary.

I will send you monarchs and leaders files quickly, if you want to go on your work...

Cool, thanks.

One detail I don't like is that Catholic countries start with better tech than everyone else, which doesn't seem appropiate for the year, especially in places like Scandinavia or Ireland.
As for the Zapotecs, I found this in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaachila said:
Zaachila (the Zapotec name; Nahuatl: Teotzapotlan; Mixtec: Ñuhu Tocuisi) was a powerful Mesoamerican city in what is now Oaxaca, Mexico, 6 km from the city of Oaxaca. The city is named after Zaachila Yoo, the Zapotec ruler, in the late 14th and early 15th century.

Lastly, I added the Maghreb countries.
EDIT: 3 decades before the start date the Marinids (Morocco) controlled Algeria, Tunis and Gibraltar, so I think I would be interesting to give them CB cores on those territories.

Last edited:
If you extend the time limit to 1848 can you still please add an event that Prussia can form the North German Federation and Bavaria can establish the South German Federation? This would be triggered when Prussia / Bavaria conquest particular cities / countries and then the Holy Roman Empire will be dissolved (if that is possible!)? Thx for the work!

Hi,

Finally, i've got less time than i thought to work a little, it's a pity.

Thanks Nein, to make some searches. It can be helpful for the futur. By my side, I've begun to work and redraw the map. I've made some minor border changes and add some provinces.
Unfortunately, i didn't success to make good fading all around the provinces, but i'm not very skilled in Photoshop. i think i will finish for the end of the week.

@ Axel: of course, this kind of events can be implemented ; but the question is when ? I keep an eye an all the propositions

Reactions:
I'm still here... occasionally... and still working (even less occasionally) on porting AGCEEP 1.58 to MyMap...
Splendid.

I'm still here... occasionally... and still working (even less occasionally) on porting AGCEEP 1.58 to MyMap...

Still here too...
I believe again in the final FTG patch ; I'm going on to mod...:confused:

Reactions: