• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VoidStalker

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jan 6, 2019
  • Stellaris
Ok, so back just over a year ago, I was working my way up to getting a new computer, and with it a new copy of Stellaris. I got Stellaris, but I also got another game from AGS, called New World, and I played that exclusively till June 24th, and then I played PoE for a bit, and now I am ready to restart learning how to play Stellaris.

I strictly play solo, and want to write stories about my games/learning process.

Too this end, I have started a new game, and learned that I forgot how to do anything, lol. I am currently needing to know how to find the game files on my new computer, and which files that I want to edit. First on this list is the file that has the influence cost for new starbases, so that they don't cost so darn much. Anyone know where to find these files?

the answer is in your thread here.

• 1Love
Reactions:
the answer is in your thread here.

Thanks! I know I learned all this stuff before, but memory is no longer reliable, and will have to relearn as I go. I got the file name from the posted screen shots from the old thread, but cannot locate my Stellaris Folder on my new computers hard drive. This is the version that I currently have installed. How do I post a screen shot here again? I have version 3.5.3 on my computer, and just need to know how to find the game files to get to work modifying things, and can then start trying to play again.

Edit: I just found the whole users>me>blah blah blah again, but no where in that am I finding the "00_defines.txt" file itself, and my fallible memory is trying to tell me that that file is somewhere else, and it isn't the only file that I am going to want to modify.

EDIT 2: I also just found the "Local > Programs > Common", but this folder is showing as empty. I vaguely remember having to do this serach the last time I tried this game, lol. Where oh where are these pesky little files hiding, lol. Please, someone, help me before I start tearing my hair out by the fistfuls.

Last edited:
Ok, so now asking for help with the MOD files that I am creating. When I make a mod, I end up with a folder and a file, but both seem to be media files. Is this as intended? My computer cannot open the files created.

Ok, so I went and just changed the defines file, rather than try to learn the 'right way', as I just wanted some fun from the game before investing all the time needed to learn programs and such. Might go back and learn the proper way later, but not feeling well, so have to take a nap before I actually get a chance to post anything from my first modified game in over a year.

We'll see how my health treats me after some sleep, but I think I am ready to start posting bits and pieces from the game as I re-learn how to play. Hopefully, I'll get some good posts in and at least entertain ppl with my bumbling about.

Later...