• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still play Victoria 2, so I would love a Victoria 3. I've been a huge fan of the Victoria series since I bought a Vicky bundle back in the day. I think it could be improved upon, and I for one would buy it based on my enjoyment of Vicky and Victoria 2 alone. I have gotten my money's worth out of both games and all the expansions, gotten into light modding for my own single player experience, and absolutely would be ecstatic if they made a Victoria 3.

I would preorder it as soon as it was available.

Of course.

I'm still awaiting a 1914 scenario for Victoria II.

Yes, but I'd rather have EU Rome II

I think there is also a petition thread for that too floating around somewhere in the Rome sub forum. It's been around for a couple of years now.

Lacking a advocator in paradox, I do not see any game being made.

The more I think about it, the more depressed I get that this will never be.

Reactions:
Any suggestions about what the fans would like to see in Victoria 3?

More meaningful politic options.
Better economy
More fleshed out nations
Less event spam (playing the US in Victoria 2 is annoying because of all the event pop ups that force a pause of the game)
More/better tech tree
More options to gain prestige other than just win wars and colonize

I haven't really given ti much more thought than that. Updated engine, graphics, tweaks to the system should be fine.

I'd even be fine with more expansiosn to Victoria 2.

Any suggestions about what the fans would like to see in Victoria 3?
I started a thread in the V2 forum that has been going here and there. My big wants are:

Expanded politics, more interactions with your Parliament and more things they can do to help you or ruin your day. More interactions with particular politicians like a first minister.

More alternate history options - for example, a series of events where the north breaks off the US in the civil war, or, a series of events specifically for a German Empire created by the Habsburgs.

Separation of economic system from having the computer run your economy. I outline a few good ways to pull this off in the aforementioned thread.

Reactions:
I like the idea of more internal actions. Ways to communicate with your parliament/upper house, more ways to interact with it or with different elements to allow you to sway your government one way or another.

modified reforms, so that there are ether easier ways to get militancy up or change the system to make it dependant on techs and money or something to make reforms/social program changes. it needs to be balanced, but I'm not satisfied with the current system. It does a good job at limited the number of reforms you can do, which was teh goal, but I don't think that militancy should be the only way reforms are enacted.

I like the concept of the global market and then a Great Power's sphere market, I would like that to be fleshed out a bit more.
I would also like more control over trade, perhaps you want to specify a country who you want to prioritize your excess resources to. Perhaps you want to embargo a country. Perhaps you don't care. You should be able to determine where your exports are going (or in what order they are travelling out). Perhaps even have the option for a non GP non sphered nation to join a GP's trade empire. Might require the use of a national focus for a while or a substantial diplomatic effort.

I think when it comes to internal politics and V3 we need to consider perspective. Who are we playing as? I don't feel the "spirit of the country" perspective seen in games like EU and HoI are right for Victoria III. What if (and disagree with me if you want) but what if you were playing as a political faction WITHIN your country? The reason I propose a faction and not a political party is not all countries would have parties and parliaments in 1836 (think Siam or China or some africa kingdom). Even a country like the UK or France would not have modern political parties as we know it today. These things would evolve with time by investing political capital to better organise your faction and gain more internal power. Also consider political systems like an absolute monarchy which would not have proper political parties either, just factions more or less competing for influence over the monarch. It's a hard concept for me to explain though :cool:

Another needed fix: early 20th century warfare. The airplanes in Victoria 2 don't work right, there are no airships for bombing, and submarine warfare isn't represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.