• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jorlaan

Victorian Rabble Rouser
88 Badges
Jul 16, 2011
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Gettysburg
  • Divine Wind
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • March of the Eagles
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
I for one am staying right here and not making the move to CK3. I will eventually I'm sure, after several patches and a couple DLC's with accompanying free content.
For now though I'm gonna enjoy the game I spent so much money on and am not even close to being done with.

Here's to hoping an actually stale franchise will get love one day! That I'll buy day one.

• 17Like
Reactions:
There is so much stuff i haven't done in this game (it's also because i barely played the game after buying Holy Fury, other things to do). Till i've properly tested the new crusade mechanics, reformed a pagan faith, completed a proper game in india and as a muslim and recreated the roman empire i will stay here for sure! (On a side note: i wouldn't look forward to another long development cycle of a paradox game, with all the expensive dlcs that come with that. Stellaris is infuriating enough already...)

• 9Like
Reactions:
I have no plans to buy CKIII anytime in the near future, so I'm staying with CKII for now as well.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Since EU3, my policy has been to only buy games when they're definitively finished, stick a fork in it, done. Paradox releasing two more expansions after EU3 "Complete Edition" (sic) really pissed me off. :p

I was playing CK1 until early this year, when I noticed that CK2 was in fact done (and the base game was free, even). I expect to pick up CK3 sometime between 2028 and never, depending on how it turns out. There's still an enormous amount for me to do in CK2 - three active games, none of which have yet gone more than 150 years (and they're 867 starts, so lots of time left on the clock); quite a few ideas for future games once those are done and I have more time.

Re: the OP's signature, yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a Vicky 3 someday! Though I'm not convinced Paradox would do a good job of it...

• 11Like
Reactions:
Will be jumping between two games for a while. Some stuff you can play only in CK2 (Nomads and Republics), not to mention it will take a while before our modders make it possible to transfer our saves from CK3 to EU4.

I never buy a game at day one. Paying 50€ to be a beta-tester is not of my taste.

And as others said there is still a lot to do in CK2, included a lot of really interesting mods.

I'll probably buy CK3 when it come out in a sale, maybe in a humble bundle with a lot of DLCs.

Until now I have CK2, a lot of mods, MEIOU and a number of other things to keep me busy. I could even try Victoria 2

I am not in an hurry.

• 4Like
Reactions:
IMHO

CKII is still the superior game - and its done.

CKIII has a great base and is the more "future -perspective" game. Like CKII at release its not the giant we have now but I guess PDX will do a great job here too.

Im pretty sure I will enjoy CKII fore another couple of hundrets of hours.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is no reason for me to stop playing CK2. It's still a marvelous game with a mature modding community. I really don't feel like paying out the nose for a slightly better (subjectively speaking) experience. To me, there isn't $50.00 worth of more entertainment from CK2 to CK3.

• 5Like
Reactions:
CKII is still the superior game - and its done.
I wouldn't call it "done" given that there are numerous bugs that have gone unaddressed for a year or more, which makes me somewhat resentful of the introduction of ck3. I expect that they will patch it eventually, but I worry that it won't be a thorough job.

There is no reason for me to stop playing CK2. It's still a marvelous game with a mature modding community.
I appreciate the moddability and the community's attempts to get the game in the state that it deserves to be in.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I admit that, against better judgement, I got CK3 and played the tutorial. I found it immersive and reasonably complete and it stands, and also has lots of potential. However there are still too many rough edges around, so I'm going back to CK2 until a few patches/dlcs.

• 4Like
Reactions:
i was pre-order the crusader king 3 but until now i was pay it not enought 5 hours. contrast ck3 i like i ck2 more . the ck2 is a whole complete system and i accpet it and have so many content i did't play , so i did't have enought motive to play ck3.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I will finish my current campaign in CK2 before I play something more than tutorial in CK3
Also I had plans to one more achievement in CK2, which required to start new campaign and play at least several dozen years.
I hope most of worrying issues would be fixed in CK3 for that time. :)

I will probably move to CK3 when they introduce fleet (at least transport ships), secret societies, flank commanders, merchant republics, Byzantium, artifacts, nomads, wonders, and divide levies into different types of units (since it's a strategy game).

• 9Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
I will probably move to CK3 when they introduce fleet (at least transport ships), secret societies, flank commanders, merchant republics, Byzantium, artifacts, nomads, wonders, and divide levies into different types of units (since it's a strategy game).

Agree on all this points - they can be improved!

edit:
Except the Levies - thats okay for me - you have your armed peasents and skilled warriors.

Ive created a thread in the CKIII suggestions forum with this points ;D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would very much like to play both, and will be perfectly happy to continue playing both, but for now I don't have a computer with the specs to run 3, so I'll just be playing 2 for the foreseeable future. And as many have said above, even after having it for a couple years and putting over a thousand hours into it, it still feels like there's so much I haven't done in it, so that's hardly limiting.