Who else is extremely excited for multiplayer!!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Multiplayer is going to really gonna be where I test my strategies lol can't wait!!!

I'll be hitting up the clubs on the Xbox One and this forum eventually to get some gamer tags for ease of access/organising of multiplayer.

I'm not the most competitive of player so I'd shy of being overly aggressive against other players.

On the contrary it would give me more confidence in some aspects of the game I'm sluggish on, such as dealing in "aggressive negotiations". I'd guess I'd have more confidence late game.

I'll be hitting up the clubs on the Xbox One and this forum eventually to get some gamer tags for ease of access/organising of multiplayer.

I'm not the most competitive of player so I'd shy of being overly aggressive against other players.

On the contrary it would give me more confidence in some aspects of the game I'm sluggish on, such as dealing in "aggressive negotiations". I'd guess I'd have more confidence late game.
I'm an extremely aggressive player lol so i can help you got out the comfort zone. My current playthrough I conquered 3 empires so far and tributized/ vassalized 4 empires leaving 3 empires left who I've weekend completely with past wars of them defending empires I attacked. The year is 2393 the only people who can stand against me is the fallen empires currently and they probably win atm but not for long

I'm an extremely aggressive player lol so i can help you got out the comfort zone. My current playthrough I conquered 3 empires so far and tributized/ vassalized 4 empires leaving 3 empires left who I've weekend completely with past wars of them defending empires I attacked. The year is 2393 the only people who can stand against me is the fallen empires currently and they probably win atm but not for long
Cheers, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm a generally peaceful player as long as I can accept the borders. I didn't even know they could release a multiplayer. So now I'm suddenly excited as well. :D

Darknessrisings comment seemed rude.

Honestly, I'm hoping sales are excellent and it sets a precedent for further console releases of strategy games. Anyone ever play StarCraft 64? :p

Honestly, I'm hoping sales are excellent and it sets a precedent for further console releases of strategy games. Anyone ever play StarCraft 64? :p

I think everyone at Paradox were optimistic about our expansion to consoles. Stellaris is a strong IP and we had success previously with Cities Skylines and Surviving Mars. It's not possible to talk about sales yet (because we're a publicly traded company and we need to do some things in a specific order or we could face legal consequences), but, if you're all curious how the game is performing on consoles, you should check out the quarterly financial report stream in May.

They're held every 3 month, by our CEO and CFO. They'll talk about all the products we released in the last quarter and there usually is a short Q&A session, so you can ask them any questions you'd like about Stellaris: Console Edition then. :)

Understandable. I didn't know y'all were publicly traded. I'll definitely be watching your stream in May. If I am to invest, I'd like to invest in something else profitable but preferably not America's military industrial complex. Even though it's so reliable. x)

Edit: I'm an American so it's okay that I say that. I think that's how that works. :p

I'm a generally peaceful player as long as I can accept the borders. I didn't even know they could release a multiplayer. So now I'm suddenly excited as well. :D

Darknessrisings comment seemed rude.

Just shows how the technology behind video game has taken leaps and bounds.

Well if your on the Xbox One I'd gladly team up with you to share tea with the galaxy!

i hope they give us more than 200 starting energy/resources/ food /influence as the Ai seem to start with millions even when i sent them to start with no advantage they always have far greater navy power when i meet them compared to me, like they start with 10k ships.
My last game the first aliens i met had far superior tech than me, and it had only been 10 yrs since i started the game and i hadn't even explored 2 other systems yet, as i was trying to build up my influence.

My last game the first aliens i met had far superior tech than me, and it had only been 10 yrs since i started the game and i hadn't even explored 2 other systems yet, as i was trying to build up my influence.

can you not see this is the reason you're falling behind your neighbors?

you can't just sit in your system while everyone else is expanding / exploring / building their empire. building influence while sitting in one system is painfully slow, you need to explore, expand, increase research (social tech) and interact with your neighbors (rivalries).

this holds true for all resources, sitting around while your neighbors build will never result in you being on par with them. you should concentrate more on your starting strategy than hoping for a hand out, it teaches you nothing about how the game works and will just temporarily delay that feeling of falling behind.

can you not see this is the reason you're falling behind your neighbors?

you can't just sit in your system while everyone else is expanding / exploring / building their empire. building influence while sitting in one system is painfully slow, you need to explore, expand, increase research (social tech) and interact with your neighbors (rivalries).

this holds true for all resources, sitting around while your neighbors build will never result in you being on par with them. you should concentrate more on your starting strategy than hoping for a hand out, it teaches you nothing about how the game works and will just temporarily delay that feeling of falling behind.

I was exploring as much as i could afford( i just hadn't surveyed them), the near by systems were empty of planets to colonize, as i said the starting credits run out fast as soon as you research the next lvl of mining /power plant/ farm.
Can you explain why i encountered a 2k pirate group in a system 2 jumps away from me in the first 10yrs, i could bearly afford to build 2 corvettes let alone 2k worth.
The game needs rebalancing and maybe a custom start up, to make it easier on new players who once they get use to everything can then lower their starting credits.

i hope they give us more than 200 starting energy/resources/ food /influence as the Ai seem to start with millions even when i sent them to start with no advantage they always have far greater navy power when i meet them compared to me, like they start with 10k ships.

I'm sorry if the games learning curve may be too difficult. I've had my fair share of unpleasant experiences because the game wasn't playing out the way I wanted to. Besides any setbacks, I'm still playing the game as equally to a religious commitment.

If you think the AI Empires have it too easy when why not think about making a change. You can do this by seeking to make up for your apparent disadvantage. Sure the AI Empires are kitted out better but as time passes and your empire develops you may be surprised with what you can do.

Everything about the game start up is purely RNG. You can influence the game by manipulating AI empires with creation and changing settings prior to starting. It's essential for you to continue escalating the rate of which your resources are generated. These are your virtual lifeblood.

To put it as straightforward as possible, you need to systematically build on planets when you almost have a pop that's almost grown up. At the beginning its better to switch building mining stations between energy and minerals with a preference for minerals.

Last edited: