• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DarkSpade

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Any mods out there that remove all(or at least most) of the blacklisting? Buying all that rare stuff in the black market gets dull. I want to earn it in a fight.

I know i can just dig through all the Jsons, but I'm hopping someone has already done all the work. :p

Hello

You can try Heavy Metal Plus. New weapons and equipment are available in stores and on some mechs on the Battlefield. The current Version runs only with modtek 0.7.7 . I hope that i have the new Version from hmp online this weekend.

Know of a list of files I'd want to took for?

Either mech or chassis.

Alternatively- do the contract .jsons contain the blacklist filtering? You could make copies of contracts and then tweak those so they warn of the higher difficulty, and so your brand new career doesn’t get squished by a royal Phoenix Hawk jumping out of nowhere and lighting you up.

Here are those mechdef's with the BLACKLISTED tag removed. Just copy the ones you want into your BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\mech folder.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND making a backup copy of the unmodified mechdef folder first, so you can easily revert back to original Blacklisted state.

Cheers

Attachments

• BLACKLISTED_REMOVED.zip
    38,7 KB · Views: 24
Here are those mechdef's with the BLACKLISTED tag removed. Just copy the ones you want into your BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\mech folder.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND making a backup copy of the unmodified mechdef folder first, so you can easily revert back to original Blacklisted state.

Cheers

Would this require a new game to make it kick in, or should I start seeing these in an existing run after replacing them?

any changes would require a game restart. It shouldn't affect current saves as it's not technically a MOD that gets loaded. You can see if the mechs are loaded by going into SKIRMISH MODE MECH LAB. If you can see them there, then they have the chance of spawning in the wild in Career, and I presume Campaign.

I created a MOD which you can use HBS Mod Loader to use if you want it. It also removes blacklist tag from DLC mechs (if you own the DLC).

Just an additional note on this.
If you are using any mods like RT, BEX, etc. then there are a lot of additional Mechs that would need to be whited up.

I'm also wondering if the aim is to improve salvage, I guess it would also be useful to unblacklist the new Heavy Metal weapons as well.

mainly created it as a test to see if they would appear in Skirmish for PVP play with Stock Mechs. I only us HBS loader, so no RT or BEX on my system.
Yeah, sorry man, I didnt mean to suggest that I thought you should do a bunch more, or downplay in anyway the fact that you already kindly shared your work. I was just noting that people who are using mods based of the CAB may have some more work to do.

No worries mate. I only dabble with the modding in BT, so couldn’t say how easy/hard to whitelist for the more complex mods out there. For me, the only reason to do it is Skirmish mode and for some mods such as Hyades or Elite Forces, a good number of those mechs show as available in Skirmish.

any changes would require a game restart. It shouldn't affect current saves as it's not technically a MOD that gets loaded. You can see if the mechs are loaded by going into SKIRMISH MODE MECH LAB. If you can see them there, then they have the chance of spawning in the wild in Career, and I presume Campaign.

I created a MOD which you can use HBS Mod Loader to use if you want it. It also removes blacklist tag from DLC mechs (if you own the DLC).

By game restart, do you mean closing the program itself, or starting a fresh campaign/career mode play through?