• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I tried doing the same thing that was discussed in the forum, but didn't have any success getting Blacklisted mechs to spawn. After doing some more digging, I was able to find another old thread on this forum (that I can't seem to link to because I haven't posted enough, and was an old enough thread that I figured I shouldn't necro it) that said that I also had to edit the metadatadatabase.db file, removing the Blacklisted tag in there as well as the .json files. After doing as suggested I was able to get the Blacklisted mechs to start spawning. Man, gauss rifles are a lot less fun when they're being shot at you :D

Anyhow, my only problem now is that I'd like to be able to salvage advanced equipment (er PPC++, double heat sinks, etc). I've removed the Blacklisted tags from them in the .json files, but I can't find a part of the metadatadatabase.db file that references them. Does anybody have any suggestions?

So, I tried doing the same thing that was discussed in the forum, but didn't have any success getting Blacklisted mechs to spawn. After doing some more digging, I was able to find another old thread on this forum (that I can't seem to link to because I haven't posted enough, and was an old enough thread that I figured I shouldn't necro it) that said that I also had to edit the metadatadatabase.db file, removing the Blacklisted tag in there as well as the .json files. After doing as suggested I was able to get the Blacklisted mechs to start spawning. Man, gauss rifles are a lot less fun when they're being shot at you :D

Anyhow, my only problem now is that I'd like to be able to salvage advanced equipment (er PPC++, double heat sinks, etc). I've removed the Blacklisted tags from them in the .json files, but I can't find a part of the metadatadatabase.db file that references them. Does anybody have any suggestions?

you could check out this mod
Elite Forces

I was trying to find a good way to do this, and it turns out that it has already been done. The Skirmish Inventory Unlock mod by Sheepy on nexusmods does this in a very elegant way that I can confirm works for version 1.9.1.

[Mod edit: No unapproved links.]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: