Whitelist the blacklist?

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Dark Khaos

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
Yes, closing the program and restarting it. The changes should meld into any existing campaign/career.

Kovbasa

Recruit
Apr 27, 2018
So, I tried doing the same thing that was discussed in the forum, but didn't have any success getting Blacklisted mechs to spawn. After doing some more digging, I was able to find another old thread on this forum (that I can't seem to link to because I haven't posted enough, and was an old enough thread that I figured I shouldn't necro it) that said that I also had to edit the metadatadatabase.db file, removing the Blacklisted tag in there as well as the .json files. After doing as suggested I was able to get the Blacklisted mechs to start spawning. Man, gauss rifles are a lot less fun when they're being shot at you :D

Anyhow, my only problem now is that I'd like to be able to salvage advanced equipment (er PPC++, double heat sinks, etc). I've removed the Blacklisted tags from them in the .json files, but I can't find a part of the metadatadatabase.db file that references them. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Ken-Sw

Major
26 Badges
Nov 22, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
So, I tried doing the same thing that was discussed in the forum, but didn't have any success getting Blacklisted mechs to spawn. After doing some more digging, I was able to find another old thread on this forum (that I can't seem to link to because I haven't posted enough, and was an old enough thread that I figured I shouldn't necro it) that said that I also had to edit the metadatadatabase.db file, removing the Blacklisted tag in there as well as the .json files. After doing as suggested I was able to get the Blacklisted mechs to start spawning. Man, gauss rifles are a lot less fun when they're being shot at you :D

Anyhow, my only problem now is that I'd like to be able to salvage advanced equipment (er PPC++, double heat sinks, etc). I've removed the Blacklisted tags from them in the .json files, but I can't find a part of the metadatadatabase.db file that references them. Does anybody have any suggestions?

you could check out this mod
Elite Forces

MarkDey

Colonel
5 Badges
Mar 18, 2002
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
I was trying to find a good way to do this, and it turns out that it has already been done. The Skirmish Inventory Unlock mod by Sheepy on nexusmods does this in a very elegant way that I can confirm works for version 1.9.1.

[Mod edit: No unapproved links.]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

jtd871

Recruit
5 Badges
Mar 6, 2020
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
I created a MOD which you can use HBS Mod Loader to use if you want it. It also removes blacklist tag from DLC mechs (if you own the DLC).

Can you provide a link to your mod?
NVM - will check out Sheep-y's mod on Nexus.