Which Landless Character Will You Play as First?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will probably create a character in 867, as a descendant of Guo Xin, the last Protectorate General to Pacify the West who disappeared in 808, and let him establish his own achievements in Persia or India

El Cid, of course. And I will also find some interesting characters, the last members of their dynasties who lost everything, and try to bring them back to glory. That's my favourite thing to do. Too bad the last Mamikonian who could have saved the dynasty died a few years before the start date, but that's nothing a simple mod won't fix. Or, devs, if it's not confirmed exactly when Grigor Mamikonian died and it's just your guess, you can let him live a few years longer. :)

El Cid, of course. And I will also find some interesting characters, the last members of their dynasties who lost everything, and try to bring them back to glory. That's my favourite thing to do. Too bad the last Mamikonian who could have saved the dynasty died a few years before the start date, but that's nothing a simple mod won't fix. Or, devs, if it's not confirmed exactly when Grigor Mamikonian died and it's just your guess, you can let him live a few years longer. :)
There are actually plenty of people thought to be of Mamikonian descent such as Mouseles, Kourtikes etc. if the theories that empress Theodora's(mother of Michael) father Marinos is a Mamikonian, then there are also a bunch of them through her nephews. Of course most of them are not present in the game and those that are present are not connected. And since you have mentioned a mod, I've been adding missing historical characters (over 2500 atm) to the game and making some currently missing known connections as well as some connections that are theorized.

Last edited:
Any Merovingians alive and kicking at 867?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I couldnt find his death date after a quick google search. Perhaps they could have some son of his.

Ælfwine Haroldsson, the last Knytling. Found in game at the Duke of Toulouse's court. Historically by 1066 he'd have been at a monastery in Occitania while the three pretenders fight over his birthright of England.

I don't know what mechanics will be available for landless characters but I'll try to get Cnut's grandson on the Danish throne. From there I'll embark on the last true Great Viking invasion of England.

• 1Like
Reactions:
also I will personally play as the count of Holland in 867, yes I know he starts landed but good luck staying that way with the Arka duke above you ready to take your title, plus there is something fanciful and era apropriate about the last descendent of the frisian kings just gooing about adventures in the netherlands

oh, sorry for the multi-posting, but Aella of northumbira of his sucessor, being one of the archetipical doomed starts it would be very cool to play as their dynasty post viking invasion and try and navigate the chaos, perhaps even getting the kingdom of scotland and bring about the scottish culture as well.

• Jewish Characters.
  • Some Pictish dude wandering around the British Isles.
  • Creating an AAR called "The Matter of [Insert Region Name]" that chronicles the adventures of some family.

Pretty sure they Are both landede in 867? :)
just checked you are correct with alaholfingers they are infact landed in aargau at start. but the Luitpoldings are not at least not the Luitpolding I linkedd to you have a luitpolding dynasty listed as predecessor to the babenbergs, but that is not the luitpolding dynasty I mentioned nor am I awere of any connection between the two.

but yuo know who exist and is unlanded in 867? the Konradiners!! I had almost forgoten about them but they will be an excelent pick as well

Just realized that if we can move freely around the map, it should be possible to actually play a knight errant/hedge knight, wandering from tournament to tournament with odd jobs in between. If that actually works out, I might push my viking adventures back and play 1066 as a custom young german "knight" (we really need some proper knighthood mechanics at some point) seeking fame and fortune.

• 1Like
Reactions: