• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is the biggest difference of the two? Is legacy simply the most updated version of the mod or is it different?
Its ben updated, but at least to my knowledge it is not polished, so expect the same bugs as before, and many additional ones. From what I understand the game is 'functional', but only just.

What is the biggest difference of the two? Is legacy simply the most updated version of the mod or is it different?
Legacy is essentially the out-dated version brought to the latest version of CK2, HOWEVER, it is not exactly the same and it's currently developing into its own version.

TLDR; It's a mix between the upcoming rework and the old version.

In terms of Legacy, Holy wars aren't working and it has a few bugs I don't necessarily recall from previous editions. (Granted it's been years). If you want to play in the empire and or any of the human nations it'll be fine.

Seriously? WTF. Why even release it. "War" is kind of critical to "Warhammer".
They were left out deliberately since they have no impact on a lot of the map and made some places (border princes and norsia) far less fun to play in since one or two would quickly snowball

Reactions:
Seriously? WTF. Why even release it. "War" is kind of critical to "Warhammer".
I believe we fixed that bug in one of the patches that came out after post you quoted, but I could wrong on that.

Wow. That's a really stupid design decision.
Fall back is somewhat incorrect. Holy wars are absolutely intended to be possible, but there are cases where they don't apply (e.g.g fighting orcs which uses special cb's),

Non chaos rulers fighting chaos rulers for example are absolutely are meant to have access to holy wars and do in the upcoming version.

Last edited:
I believe we fixed that bug in one of the patches that came out after post you quoted, but I could wrong on that.

Hmm, I just downloaded the installer a few days ago, did the patch land between now and then?

Fall back is somewhat incorrect. Holy wars are absolutely intended to be possible, but there are cases where they don't apply (e.g.g fighting orcs which uses special cb's),

Non chaos rulers fighting chaos rulers for example are absolutely are meant to have access to holy wars and do in the upcoming version.
Oh, that's a relief. Yeah, it makes sense that you don't use holy wars when a different CB would apply, but it was really dumb being a Strigany who couldn't declare war on Sigmarites, Mymidians, or others who needed to be brought to heel in the name of their vampiric overlords. It's a relief to find out it isn't intentional, I'll try redownloading the mod.

but it was really dumb being a Strigany who couldn't declare war on Sigmarites, Mymidians, or others who needed to be brought to heel in the name of their vampiric overlords. It's a relief to find out it isn't intentional, I'll try redownloading the mod.
Last one was end of June, but I found this in the change log.
- Quick fix for the holy war CB bug

I have just checked out our internal dev build and can confirm Vampiric can decalre holy wars on Sigmarites and Mymidians so it'll be in next version if not