• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

obyg

Recruit
8 Badges
Sep 20, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Hello,

I just bought the game on Steam where it's said that the game is available in French, German and English, but I'm unable to play the game using French and steam doesn't allow me to select the language of the game as it does for other games.

How can I play this game in french ?

I also check on the impulse store where the game is also said to be in English, French, German.

When a game is referenced as being playable in given language, I expect to be able to play the game using that language right away.

If the translations are not ready, it would have been better to reference the game as english only and update the shopping page when the translations are ready or at least explain on the page that other languages will be available at a latter time (as they did for the multiplayer part on impulse where they have a red sentences saying "IMPORTANT: Multiplayer support will be added in a patch after release ").

I suspect that some players who bought the game are very disapointed by the game not being playable in a referenced language.

I also asked Steam when it will be available, but I got no more information than "we're working on it, thanks for your patience". So hopefully we will get a localized version of the game in the future.

Just hoping that it will be before the end of the year !

Just saw that the Steam page for Lionheart now only show English as game language.
Does that mean that Steam will not have the french and german version ?

As I didn't receive any response to my previous question, I re-asked Steam when the french version will be available.
Their answer was that the french version is not currently available in french and offered me a refund, which I did as I've got no clear answer concerning the availability of a french version from here or from the Steam support.

finally it comes to an end !
yes now it seems (tested only with german , because iam one :D ) there is the german and french version up ! (it downloaded today something , then i looked into the language settings from the game in steam and see that was there en,de,fr :))