Where to get Stellaris free copy for kickstarter backer?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vahadar

Earthling
103 Badges
May 25, 2008
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Hello,

With Hairebrained now an internal studio of Paradox, Paradox is giving a free copy of Stellaris to kickstarter backer, which is my case.
In the mail from Paradox about this news on the 5th of june : "As a token to welcome all fans of Harebrained Schemes to the Paradox family, Paradox will give a complimentary copy of Stellaris, the sci-fi grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio, to every player who backed BATTLETECH on Kickstarter."

I checked my backerkit account for Battletech but no game key there. Where to get it?

I already own it through steam, but would like to gift it if possible.

Thanks

It has not been delivered yet, as far as I am aware. Also, be advised it is a public holiday in Sweden today.
I actually don't know at this point and I can't check until tomorrow (it's a public holiday in Sweden yet her I am... :p). My guess would be that it's added to the pledge manager in kickstarter, like we did with forum codes, but I'll get that confirmed tomorrow.

I did my part and bought some Stellaris DLC given the current sale.

o7

Sale?

There's a sale?

: )

Yeah, and look at the marketing wizardry in the PDX store - they sure know how to incentivize big spending with phrasing like "You are saving 0 EUR on this bundle." o_O

fFP0qYe.png

But actually, I did go ahead and get the older Stellaris DLC based on my play of Hearts of Iron 4.

In the mail from Paradox about this news on the 5th of june : "As a token to welcome all fans of Harebrained Schemes to the Paradox family, Paradox will give a complimentary copy of Stellaris, the sci-fi grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio, to every player who backed BATTLETECH on Kickstarter."
What ? This e-mail didn't find its way to my e-mail box !?! (yes, I checked my spam folder too)

Last edited:
I did my part and bought some Stellaris DLC given the current sale.

o7

I have not yet dared to buy any of these because code for this free copy of Stellaris have not yet arrived / can not find it. Anyone know more?

WE WANT THE WORLD AND WE WANT IT NOW. :D

There's nothing yet aside from a post in the Acquisition FAQ thread from a Paradoxian:

Can we get any official word on when the Stellaris key will be delivered to Backers?
I actually don't know at this point and I can't check until tomorrow (it's a public holiday in Sweden yet her I am... :p). My guess would be that it's added to the pledge manager in Kickstarter, like we did with forum codes, but I'll get that confirmed tomorrow.

"Tomorrow" was last week, so we're running a bit behind.

Last edited:
I'd love to have an asnwer to that too. Can I even get these DLCs wihtout having the main game yet?

I'm more interested in if the game is even fun to me or not. Not buying extra content until I've seen the base game. In other words it would be a lot easier to sell me extra content if I already had the game, as is the sale means nothing to me.

"Tomorrow" was last week, so we're running a bit behind.
h76E7221C

On a more serious note, I didn't actually have any information to share until now :p. The Stellaris key will be distributed via the backekit in the very near future ;). Expect a KS update shortly :).