• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hard Boxed Version for german market!

Hello Guys, today i find a hard boxed version from AOD to buy at my Supermarket. :)

Sorry i forget to say where i am living, yes i am from german.

Last edited:
Amazon.de delivers to Europe

Hi Mcc,

if you live in Portugal it is no problem to order the game at Amazon.de as they deliver to Europe by mail (although the shipping costs maybe a little bit higher), there are apparently no restrictions.

I believe you can put the item into the in-basket and then use your amazon account (I use my original german Amazon account to order items from Amazon UK & Amazon US).

Even if you cannot read german, the form for ordering is almost the same in different languages, so it should be no problem to find out which button to press (or just open a portugese amazon put in an item and compare each steps).

And to RickR... usually they also deliver to the US..., BUT unfortunally there some restrictions for computer software ( I don't know why..).

It's the same when I ordering some software in the US, they do not ship to Europe (software...books are no problem), i.e. I was looking for the real good bargain about HoI3 (which sells for 7.99$ at Amazon US) but I was unable to order it. So I decided to go for AoD which seems the better idea anyway :) (according to test reports...but maybe Semper Fi will fix it...)

best

McMarty

dp161163:
I assume you are german.
Please could you check if amazon.de delivers in Portugal by mail? I can´t read german.
Thanks a lot.

Yes, they do. ;)

This page links you to some general information,

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ln_miie/?nodeId=505532

while the other page which shows you the delivery charges for deliveries abroad. By scrolling halfway down you'll see, that they'll charge at least € 6,-.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=505554

..., BUT unfortunally there some restrictions for computer software ( I don't know why..).

It's the same when I ordering some software in the US, they do not ship to Europe (software...books are no problem), i.e. I was looking for the real good bargain about HoI3 (which sells for 7.99$ at Amazon US) but I was unable to order it. So I decided to go for AoD which seems the better idea anyway :) (according to test reports...but maybe Semper Fi will fix it...)

HOI3 is atm amazingly cheap at Amazon US. But the best prices aren't offered by Amazon US ($26.15). The solution to your problem might be that not all sellers at Amazon Marketplace deliver abroad... :(

Well, I looked on Amazon.co.uk and they do not delivery Video Games to USA so I imagine Amazon.de does not either... :(:(:(:( i can't seem to win.

Rick

Luckily Amazon.de does it! ;) It seems that a deliberate choice was made by Amazon not to compete with itself and to deny US customers access to certain products at Amazon.co.uk.

If you follow the links two posts above, you might rethink your decision to buy AOD in Europe. :D

Thanks a lot to all.
I wanted to pay when i receive the game in the mail but that´s only avaiable to Germany and Austria.
I´ll have to ask a friend with a credit card to let me use it.
But i´ll have the game, finally, in the start of my holydays. Great.

Fürstbischof, THANKS SO MUCH! I will try to order it right now. My german was not good enough to read everything but since I order tons of stuff from Amazon USA I know I can work through the order process. We'll try it an see.

Strange Amazon.UK will not but Amazon.De will do so...

Thanks again!

Rick

@Mcc
@RickR

I hope that you quickly get your games and can start playing. ;)

Have fun!

Sorry for my late answer but i am ill and not so fit. So i am edit my first post now. My I-Net is not fast enough to make an download by net but now i buy aod as hard boxed version (now i have all versions of hoi at my own ;) ), it is at version 1.2 when you installed and any version of AOD is multilangual so you can used the language like you needed.

Living in the UK its simply not worth ordering the hard copy from Germany,after postage costs and exchange rates are taken into account.
Once you download a copy,is it possible to burn it onto disk? Thus giving you a 'hard' copy,or is this not possible?:confused:

Living in the UK its simply not worth ordering the hard copy from Germany,after postage costs and exchange rates are taken into account.
Once you download a copy,is it possible to burn it onto disk? Thus giving you a 'hard' copy,or is this not possible?:confused:

I did it (with AoD from Gamersgate) and it works. All you need is the disc and your Gamesgate password. No internet connection needed.

I don't know weather with works with Steam too (a little voice in my head tells me that the answer is no ;)) or other online shops.

I bought my copy from GamersGate, downloaded it to a share on my Home Server, I've installed it seven times now on three machines. (I format, reinstall a lot). I've saved the patches in the same manner. I could certainly burn it to a disk or copy it to a thumb drive. It is just a 400MB .EXE file.

BTW, only one player here, I just have several machines to work with.

I bought my copy from GamersGate, downloaded it to a share on my Home Server, I've installed it seven times now on three machines. (I format, reinstall a lot). I've saved the patches in the same manner. I could certainly burn it to a disk or copy it to a thumb drive. It is just a 400MB .EXE file.

BTW, only one player here, I just have several machines to work with.

That's funny. I downloaded also from GamersGate and have only a 66 kb exe named "Download Arsenal of Democracy- A Hearts of Iron Game.exe" and under "GamersGate temporary files/10271" there is a file called "launch", which is about 400 Mb. I can't reinstall the game without a net connection but I can use this "launch" file so that I don't have to download it again.

That's funny. I downloaded also from GamersGate and have only a 66 kb exe named "Download Arsenal of Democracy- A Hearts of Iron Game.exe" and under "GamersGate temporary files/10271" there is a file called "launch", which is about 400 Mb. I can't reinstall the game without a net connection but I can use this "launch" file so that I don't have to download it again.

Yes, that's what I meant with "you need your Gamersgate password".

Ok. I misunderstood when you mentioned "no internet connection needed".

It seems I misunderstood you too. :D
I could reinstall AoD without being connect to the internet. I just burned the 400MB file on a CD (together with the GG download exe). Then I copied both files on my hard drive, double-clicked the exe, it realized the 400MB file is already there and started the installation.

It seems I misunderstood you too. :D
I could reinstall AoD without being connect to the internet. I just burned the 400MB file on a CD (together with the GG download exe). Then I copied both files on my hard drive, double-clicked the exe, it realized the 400MB file is already there and started the installation.

Were both of the files in the same folder level? I'ld like to be able to install the game without an internet connection, because I have another older computer without internet connection in my "other home".