• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shams

Corporate Paladin
70 Badges
Nov 9, 2009
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Prison Architect
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Impire
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • King Arthur II
Last edited by a moderator:
Something that's been banging around my mind for the past few days, and this seems the most logical place to ask...

The media that's available on Kingmaker talks about which digital download distributors it will be available on, but I haven't seen anything about picking up physical copies. Will it be available in a physical form, and, if not, which digital distributors can a copy of the expansion be purchased from that will be compatible with a physical copy of Maj2?

Something you are forgetting to tell your customers.

I wouldn't buy Majesty 2 unless you are buying a physical copy. I bought mine on steam and I have yet to see a patch. Those of you who own a physical copy are playing v1.3 but I am still on v1.179. The patches that you can download only work on the physical copies, as far as I know, they do not work with steam.

I wouldn't buy Majesty 2 unless you are buying a physical copy. I bought mine on steam and I have yet to see a patch. Those of you who own a physical copy are playing v1.3 but I am still on v1.179. The patches that you can download only work on the physical copies, as far as I know, they do not work with steam.
As of my writing of this (6/22), Steam seems to be running version 1.3.336.. so Steam may be a little slow on updating, but they do include all updates.

Majesty 2 multitplayer no more available.
I try to play majesty 2 this morning and it say me : "internet multiplayer is not longer available for majesty 2"

Majesty 2 is the only rts with indirect gameplay , its a very good and rich game, uncommon and fun.

And many of players still buy it , and give you MONEY for play the small campaigns AND MULTIPLAYER.

So PUT THE SERVERS ON , and make a better multiplayer version now, its really a shame that we can't play on internet with friends. If its not done i will post on all forum that majesty and paradox games are unefficient on multiplayers , and i will say to everybody that its really a shame for your society.

Save yourself some headache and just buy Majesty Gold. Majesty 2 is no good without multiplayer because the AI is terrible and is has none of the things that made Majesty good.

The Monsters do not wander or do anything interesting they just run straight towards your castle. The Heroes do not do anything interesting they have a very limited set of behavior and do not adventure or anything. The buildings have none of the charm Majesty buildings had, heroes don't do much of anything interesting with the buildings.

It's hardly even a Majesty game. It has the same colors, the same sounds, the same theme, but it doesn't play the same at all, and that's what's important in a sequel. If a sequel plays nothing like the game it's based on, it's not a legitimate sequel, it's a spin off.

That's because as bogabada says right above you, it's basically now an RTS, not a "sim" anymore. So if you wanted Majesty to be a RTS and hated the indirect control, you may like Maj2 :)