• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems they have removed it from GamersGate. Though I do not recomend to buy at this time. Unless I get a community up and runnig again the product isn't worth much. I'm working on it though

Hi Snake,

Thanx for the reply.
Im sorry to hear that the game cant be purchased. I didnt expect the AI in such a game like diplomacy to be worth much, but I was hoping it was possible to play online by LAN etc.

Are there any plans of redoing the game as a computer game?

Kind regards...

Hi Snake,

Thanx for the reply.
Im sorry to hear that the game cant be purchased. I didnt expect the AI in such a game like diplomacy to be worth much, but I was hoping it was possible to play online by LAN etc.

Are there any plans of redoing the game as a computer game?

Kind regards...
None I've hear of.

If you want to play it by LAN you acctually have another case. I havn't tried it by LAN, but it should work, and only require one copy of the game as you don't need the CD to run it. The game is avaible at least in Sweden. One store has it for less than 1$.

The metaserver has been gone for quite some while, but I believe that it is still possible to link directly to someones IP address (or do a LAN)

I'll pass the question on just in case.

for anyone in the states, i just found a copy in a store called FiveBelow. everthing in the store is $5 or less. The store near me has a bunch of diplomacy copies, so i grabbed one. i had heard that the community was not very active, but didn't realize it was so dead. anyway i'll be able to get the big D under my name. so worth $5. what recession :)

He laughed at you? Were you telling him how you were only buying the game to get a "D" at some forums? Or was he being a bad salesman making his customers feeling silly for spending their dollars at the store where he works?
(The latter could be taken to his supervisor :p)

He laughed at you? Were you telling him how you were only buying the game to get a "D" at some forums? Or was he being a bad salesman making his customers feeling silly for spending their dollars at the store where he works?

well, i didn't get it just for the "D", that was just the icing on the cake. but once i found out the forum was deserted, the "D" became the cake, albeit a tiny cupcake.
but i do like my cupcakes:)

Fizzzay Money said:
i found a five dollar copy at gamestop, the guy working the desk laughed at me.
good thing he doesn't work on commission. well, he'd prob still laugh, commission on $5 isn't much is it?

it was one of those this game is terrible kind of laughs, and i figured hey, i know its supposed be terrible, but its only 5 dollars, so it's got a shot. The D is just a bonus

It seems they have removed it from GamersGate. Though I do not recomend to buy at this time. Unless I get a community up and runnig again the product isn't worth much. I'm working on it though

What happened to Diplomacy community? I thought that you had quite frequent gaming sessions.

Our license is soon expiring.

So there's no hope of getting Diplomacy expansion then. ;)

for anyone in the states, i just found a copy in a store called FiveBelow. everthing in the store is $5 or less. The store near me has a bunch of diplomacy copies, so i grabbed one. i had heard that the community was not very active, but didn't realize it was so dead. anyway i'll be able to get the big D under my name. so worth $5. what recession :)

Also here in Finland local game stores still have available copies. I paid €5 for my copy, so you got it even cheaper than I did. I play Diplomacy when I want to play something quick instead of starting long EU campaign.

I don't think that it's waste of money, but after playing the board game I have to say that in SP computer version does have significantly different game mechanics because it's hard to make good deals with the AI. Although in MP it seems to be more similar with the board game.

It's quite difficult when you can play online for free and not be tied to a specific computer.

http://www.playdiplomacy.com

I can view the map and issue orders over my cell phone if necessary.

That said, I've been looking for a copy of the game myself. I can probably grab it at a local gamestop but I'm lazy and was hoping to find a digital download.