• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello all, looking to upgrade from EU3 Complete to get the expansions since. I buy from GamersGate, is it easier in terms of registering, instaling, checksum stuff, metaserver access, etc to buy and register HttT and DW separately, or to just buy and register Chronicles?

Easier with Chronicles, but if it costs more, its up to you to justify the cost of having one install against the possibly cheaper 3 installs.

I am considering buying EU3, but there's an oddity.

It says EU3 Chronicles is available for mac on Gamersgate, but only available for PC on Steam. However EU3 complete is available for mac on both.

WHAT? Then comes the question that if I buy EU3 Chronicles for mac from Gamersgate will I be able to get the PC version also? Or could I just buy the Steam version?

Also, could I buy the game on steam and purchase the expansion packs elsewhere?

Last edited:
You must buy expansions and DLC from the same place you bought the base game.

You are used to CK2, where Paradox wrote both the PC and Mac versions. For all previous PI games the Mac version is written by Virtual Programming, and you have to consider it a separate game that has to be bought separately.

You must buy expansions and DLC from the same place you bought the base game.

You are used to CK2, where Paradox wrote both the PC and Mac versions. For all previous PI games the Mac version is written by Virtual Programming, and you have to consider it a separate game that has to be bought separately.

Thanks! :)

Well that sucks :(

Where I can buy the game in Chinese mainland?
You've posted this in a thread about Steam, does that mean you can use Steam there? If so you should be able to buy it right there. EU3 Chronicles is the full version.

If you don't have or can't get Steam, I don't know. Amazon? Gamersgate?

Can I just get EU3 base and only DW?
No. DW requires HttT, which requires Complete or IN (and IN requires NA). I note you already have HttT ... just register EU3 base game or Complete here.

I've used the given code to download EU3 complete from STEAM

but the achivement didn't work

what should i do?

I've used the given code to download EU3 complete from STEAM

but the achivement didn't work

what should i do?
Forget them - they do not work any more and never will.

How can I change EU3 Chronicles language and what languages available to the game on steam?
These questions have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Please post in Tech Support, thank you.

Hi, I have purchased EU3 through steam, but I cannot get the serial number for it to register on this forum account. I have tried right clicking on the game on my steam library, however no such option is available. Other games, I can see the option, "view CD-Key" or something like that, but just not this game. Are there any other way for me to retrieve the serial number?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
No, clearly Steam are having a problem displaying keys for some reason. You'll need to contact them.

I bought eu3 chornicles on steam and registered EU3 Complete, Heir To The Throne, and Divine wind on the forums here
EU3 complete comes up as connected to the meta server in the My Games section and i can go on the multiplayer meta server

but i cant get paradox connect to work at all, im on divine wind v5.1 BJLT and have no mods or changes on the game

Forget them - they do not work any more and never will.

Thanks for that info AndrewT. It took me about 2 hours to find it though. Shouldn't this be more prominently displayed somewhere so that someone else that sees that shiny,big button at Steam won't waste the time trying to activate it?

Thanks for that info AndrewT. It took me about 2 hours to find it though. Shouldn't this be more prominently displayed somewhere so that someone else that sees that shiny,big button at Steam won't waste the time trying to activate it?
The achievements in discussion here are nothing to do with Steam - Paradox had their own internal ones for EU3 DW only, it's those that are disabled.

The achievements in discussion here are nothing to do with Steam - Paradox had their own internal ones for EU3 DW only, it's those that are disabled.

I realize that Steam isn't the issue.It's just that the button is there.When one tries to use it to get more events,the player is informed that they don't have the most recent version.(or something along that line) Hence,I came here to get it.After playing,there seems to be several events anyway.(have the earlier versions of EU,just haven't played them for quite awhile,so am unsure how many events were normal)

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong thread (my first post!), but it's relevant to Steam - does anyone know whether, following CK2 being released via Steam for Linux, Paradox plans to release EUIII or even EUIV in the same way? I've looked around but can't find any news about it anywhere.

Edit: Just discovered EUIV will be. My bad. Question still stands for EUIII.

Last edited: