• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wanted to register my products that I purchased from Steam so I could play on the metaserver. HTTT was registered successfully, but your site kept telling me that my code for EUIII is invalid. Is there any other way I can register EUIII or might I be doing something wrong?
EDIT: Oh and I tried it for both EUIII and EUIII in nomine...

Did you try it for EU3 Complete?

Q: I just bought EU3 Complete/HTTT/DW/Chronicles off Steam but where do I get my CD Key from to put into the forums?

A: When you have the game selected, on the right are a bunch of links, click the CD Key link. A box will pop up with all your CD keys. The Europa Universalis 3 one is for Complete.

I was given EU3 Complete as a gift a very while back, but I haven't been able to register it.

The key is strange, and goes like this: AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE-FFFF, which doesn't fit in any of the key registration fields in My Games.
Same issue here, and only the one key too.

Screen%20Shot%202011-12-20%20at%2020.36.55.png

What do? :(

Oh ok, I had to put the serial characters in like so:

AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEE-FFFF
becomes
AAAA-ABBB-BBCC-CCCD-DDDD-EEEE

However, I bought EU3:Complete, but it only gave me the EU3 key. I guess I should ask Steam about this?

Oh ok, I had to put the serial characters in like so:

AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEE-FFFF
becomes
AAAA-ABBB-BBCC-CCCD-DDDD-EEEE

However, I bought EU3:Complete, but it only gave me the EU3 key. I guess I should ask Steam about this?

Q: I just bought EU3 Complete/HTTT/DW/Chronicles off Steam but where do I get my CD Key from to put into the forums?

A: When you have the game selected, on the right are a bunch of links, click the CD Key link. A box will pop up with all your CD keys. The Europa Universalis 3 one is for Complete.

FAQ answers this (see above)

I have Windows 7 with an ATI 5770 graphics card. My RAM is 8 GB and I have a widescreen monitor.

My issue is pretty simple but incredibly frustrating. I started up Europa Universalis 3 Complete.
The EU3.exe runs and the black screen of death comes up. I'm also running it off from Steam, that may cause an issue.
The cursor is an hourglass rotating, but the game never loads up.

I also heard that you're supposed to get a launcher screen, I never got a launcher screen. If you play the game from Steam it just runs the .exe file right off.

I'm sure you understand that I'm a bit frustrated for paying good money for a game that doesn't even startup properly.
I hope you get back to me as soon as possible.

PS: I've also tried the run as administrator solution. Didn't work.
Also; I've got both DLC packs off from steam. Divine Wind and Heir to the Throne.

New Development: I've attempted to register my games on this website and for my Universalis III Complete key, it's repeatedly rejected as invalid. I've tried it under the normal Europa Universalis III singular aswell.

I don't know if this adds to the problem or it's the cause of the first one. Ugh, someone help me enjoy this game.

New Development: I've attempted to register my games on this website and for my Universalis III Complete key, it's repeatedly rejected as invalid. I've tried it under the normal Europa Universalis III singular aswell.
Read the OP of this thread, it will tell you what to do about this. When registered you can post your EU3 problem in Tech Support forum where it belongs.

My situation is as follows: I have a bank account with more then sufficient amount of money to purchase the game, however the currency is somewhat exotic, more precisely I have it in the Polish złoty. I do not have any payment cards, but I have an online account, so I could make a payment to any game provider.

I have EU III: complete

Is there any way for me to acquire Httt in either Polish or English version?

Ceteris parabus, I would prefer not to install steam, however if it is a necessary requirement there will be no problem about it.

So I had EU3: Complete sitting around for a while and have only recently taken to it. In the time it was sitting around on my shelf, two more expansions have been released that I would like to purchase. What I want to know is are there physical copies of HTTT and DW individually, or only as part of Chronicles?

My situation is as follows: I have a bank account with more then sufficient amount of money to purchase the game, however the currency is somewhat exotic, more precisely I have it in the Polish złoty. I do not have any payment cards, but I have an online account, so I could make a payment to any game provider.

I have EU III: complete

Is there any way for me to acquire Httt in either Polish or English version?

Ceteris parabus, I would prefer not to install steam, however if it is a necessary requirement there will be no problem about it.
Depends what version of Complete you have. If it's from Steam you must buy HttT from Steam also. If it's from Gamersgate or a physical CD you must buy HttT from gamersgate. If it's from elsewhere (eg Impulse) it's best to buy rom the same place. How the currency thing works varies with each provider, Paradox have no say over that.

So I had EU3: Complete sitting around for a while and have only recently taken to it. In the time it was sitting around on my shelf, two more expansions have been released that I would like to purchase. What I want to know is are there physical copies of HTTT and DW individually, or only as part of Chronicles?
Expansions are never released as physical copies, only downloads. They tried that once and made a loss on the deal, physical copies are just too expensive to make and distribute for the small profit margin in expansions.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could please help me out, I am trying to run the meiou mod on steam (I have chronicles), and I am using the '-mod [meiou]' addition to properties > set launch options. When I run the game its simply loads vanilla. When I try to run the meiou game from the launcher in the mod directory, it simply crashes.

I have recently upgraded my OS from vista to windows 7, and meiou worked perfectly on that. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Perhaps try in the MEIOU subforum in the usermods section. Other players must have had the same problem there! :)

This may sound stupid, but do I presume that the heir to the throne and divine wind are separate expansion packs, i.e divine wind does not also give you heir to the throne? And can you have divine wind but not heir to the throne?

do I presume that the heir to the throne and divine wind are separate expansion packs, i.e divine wind does not also give you heir to the throne?
Correct, you need them both.
And can you have divine wind but not heir to the throne?
No. DW requires HttT, indeed all PI expansions always require all previous expansions for the same game.

Ok, here's one for you:

Steam Europa Universalis 3 Complete suggest a few spritepack dlcs to be purchased with it, but Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles won't. So, are those spritepacks included in Chronicles although it doesn't say so?

More spesifically these spritepacks:

Revolution
Medieval
Enlightenment

Thank you, so I have Europa Universalis 3 Complete, so would you recommend me buying a download to heir to the throne and a download to Divine Wind?

Also this may be the wrong thread, but how similar is Crusader Kings II to EU3?

Also I would love Paradox to just like create a game which spanned from 500AD to 1821 AD.

Ok, here's one for you:

Steam Europa Universalis 3 Complete suggest a few spritepack dlcs to be purchased with it, but Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles won't. So, are those spritepacks included in Chronicles although it doesn't say so?

More spesifically these spritepacks:

Revolution
Medieval
Enlightenment

No spritepacks are included in Chronicles, or anything else.
Thank you, so I have Europa Universalis 3 Complete, so would you recommend me buying a download to heir to the throne and a download to Divine Wind?

Also this may be the wrong thread, but how similar is Crusader Kings II to EU3?

Also I would love Paradox to just like create a game which spanned from 500AD to 1821 AD.

I would certainly reccomend purchasing both if you are able to do so, they both improve a lot on the base game.

CK2 has a lot different focus than EU3. Its about maintaining your dynasty, which can span multiple countries/kingdoms, whereas EU3 you are just one nation. Its slower paced (because theres more to do in the quiet times) and war is harder, but more in depth (flanks, multiple unit types and tactics, leaders are your characters and can die)

Its not for everyone, but its the latest and greatest game from Paradox, its well worth a look, I'd suggest you look at the Demo and see if you like it.

I bought the EU3 complete pack for Mac on Steam. Why "Heir to the throne" and other expansions are not available for Mac on Steam?

Yes, this is really odd, nor is EU3 Chronicles available for Mac, though it is elsewhere (though more expensive than steam and I would like both Windows and Mac versions, if possible). I know its not a Paradox issue, though, as they don't produce the Mac port