• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neophyte said:
If you do update some of the pictures it'd be great if you let me know which, so I can update the PDF to include them.

- Neophyte

Ah... OK, I've gone through the entire AAR BEFORE seeing this post. All I can say is that all pictures in my posts now work (can't help the ones in the guest posts though). I removed a pic entry of chiang kai-chek announcing the surrender of China (because I couldn't find it anywhere else). Otherwise, I replaced a pic of Russian infantry in the outskirts of Stalingrad (Moscow, suposedly) in the battle of Moscow, and there are a couple of tank pics that I re-hosted on imageshack - a Panther pic at the Battle of Stalingrad ("Hausser's Panther's to the rescue") and the SdKfz-251 pic in the post about Rommel listening to the attack on the SS-Panzerarmee. Also replaced the pics of Rommel and Manstein in their first conversation. Also replaced a pic of surrendering GIs (the Bulge) in the surrender of the first, large US pocket and of Henry Ford (the Time pic, which I liked better, was gone for some reason).

Yogi: The "Horns of Jerico" noise was made by the Stuka's dive brakes. Luftwaffe did not call fighter bombers "Jabos." PZ IVs in 1939 is too ridiculous for consideration. Submarines sweeping the N.Sea or anywhere else not ridiculous but unlikely in 1939. Kriegsmarine with radar challenging the Royal Navy in 1939 is absurd, and to have them winning, without the Bismarck, is ludicrous. Didn't you notice what happened to the Kriegsmarine during the invasion of Norway!! Much less terrorizing the N. Sea or anywhere else. I personally prefer to have Netherlands as a trading partner and do not choose to invade her. There are too many holes in the French defenseive lines. Not even they were as incompetent as you portray. Guderian was referred to "Fast Hans" not whatever you used. Better luck next time. Tag Spam the Rams!!

You are aware that this is an account of what happened in a game, aren't you? As Yogi has shown whenever he writes alternative histories, his own standards of realism are much higher than that of the games he plays.

Did you have to dredge this up just to launch a barage of unsolicited criticsm?

tagwyn: And I can read your own flawless and outstanding AAR where? :mad: Some humility might be in order...

The irony is, of course, that by bumping what he considers to be an 'inferior' AAR, he's only provided it with extra publicity.

tagwyn said:
Yogi: The "Horns of Jerico" noise was made by the Stuka's dive brakes.
Actually no, it was made by a wind-driven siren attached to each of the wheel spats. It looks like a small propeller.

tagwyn said:
Luftwaffe did not call fighter bombers "Jabos."
Yes they did, just not their own. If that is what you meant, I stand corrected.

tagwyn said:
PZ IVs in 1939 is too ridiculous for consideration.
Certainly not! The first PzKpfw-IV entered service in 1936, although it existed only in minute numbers until 1939, when the D model was produced in large numbers.

If you meant that having the PzKpfw-IVg in action in 1939, then yes, that is ridiculous. But blame the game, not me. I didn't cheat in any way to get that advanced tanks, I just ignored rocketry and atomic research and kept my army unhistorically small to gain resources for faster research in other areas.

tagwyn said:
Submarines sweeping the N.Sea or anywhere else not ridiculous but unlikely in 1939. Kriegsmarine with radar challenging the Royal Navy in 1939 is absurd, and to have them winning, without the Bismarck, is ludicrous. Didn't you notice what happened to the Kriegsmarine during the invasion of Norway!! Much less terrorizing the N. Sea or anywhere else.
Well, again, the game began in 1936, so there are some deviations from the historic 1939 setup. Dönitz expected to need some 300 subs at the beginning of the war to bring Britain to its knees. He had less than 100 (I'm not sure about the actual number but it was relatively small). Suppose they had had those 300 subs?

Also, you may argue that Germany never could have developed radar that quickly in real life, and you may be right. But you are aware that this is a game, right?

tagwyn said:
I personally prefer to have Netherlands as a trading partner and do not choose to invade her.
That works well in HOI 2. This is a HOI 1 AAR.

tagwyn said:
There are too many holes in the French defenseive lines. Not even they were as incompetent as you portray.
And here I thought I had done a great job rationalizing the utter stupidity of the AI! :p But come on, buddy, you cannot really blame me for the AI being lame... :rolleyes:

tagwyn said:
Guderian was referred to "Fast Hans" not whatever you used.
That would surprise me enormously since his given name was "Heinz" not "Hans". His first nickname was "Schneller Heinz" (which litterarily translated means Fast Heinz) but since in this game his speed had a tendency to land him in very difficult situations, I modified it to "Hasty Heinz".

tagwyn said:
Better luck next time. Tag Spam the Rams!!
Thanks, I constantly try to improve myself in AAR writing. I humbly propose that you do the same regarding WW2 minutiae, at least if you intend to better yourself as a nitpicker.

Last edited:
tagwyn said:
Yogi: The "Horns of Jerico" noise was made by the Stuka's dive brakes. Luftwaffe did not call fighter bombers "Jabos." PZ IVs in 1939 is too ridiculous for consideration. Submarines sweeping the N.Sea or anywhere else not ridiculous but unlikely in 1939. Kriegsmarine with radar challenging the Royal Navy in 1939 is absurd, and to have them winning, without the Bismarck, is ludicrous. Didn't you notice what happened to the Kriegsmarine during the invasion of Norway!! Much less terrorizing the N. Sea or anywhere else. I personally prefer to have Netherlands as a trading partner and do not choose to invade her. There are too many holes in the French defenseive lines. Not even they were as incompetent as you portray. Guderian was referred to "Fast Hans" not whatever you used. Better luck next time. Tag Spam the Rams!!
"Hullo. My name is T. Roll, and I make it a point never to understand the setting in which others post and in which I reply. Also, I have never understood the concept of AARs, and creative license is an alien concept to me. Furthermore, I wear my underwear on my head."

tagwyn, rarely have I seen a post miss its' mark by more than yours did. I do wish you better luck next time. :rofl:

The only thing more amusing than a bomb like this is that all the things he said were wrong, he had wrong. Jabos, Stuka brakes etc. You have to admire the fact that he chose perhaps the best AAR of all time to nitpick with erroneous corrections.

:rofl:

Yea i stumbled upon this thread by accident and i'vent finished the read but so far it has been amazing.

The patient reaction of Yogi on the comments of this 'twqwda?' guy is something to admire. And its hilarious.......

Great AAR, after I read it I had to bought HOI. Thank you for this pleasure.

Wow. That's all I can say. This AAR is just awesome. I love it.

stixloo said:
can you say thread necromancy?
There is no necromancy for great AARs. They must be revived to allow the newcomers to discover this beutiful AAR.

Lurken said:
There is no necromancy for great AARs. They must be revived to allow the newcomers to discover this beautiful AAR.
well said! ! ! ! :cool: