bobdole44

Corporal
Aug 6, 2019
2019_08_10_3.png

The ECIS, a Lonely Galaxy, created for Humanity's God-Given mandate. Literary description of my current game

Yes, those are highly militaristic(To the point that their recreation is literally dueling and combat simulations), blood loving, warrior butterflies organized under a martial tribalisistic version of Representative Democracy. We are a Militaristic Citizen Republic ala Star Ship Troopers but with a spiritual bent.
This is a universe where Humanity and the Butterflies were, at least, two thousand years too late to the party. The galaxy is literally littered with the broken down, rotting husks of at least four space faring civs and over two dozen planets left barren and toxic by their natives annihilating themselves before reaching the Space age.
I've found ONE planet with a Renaissance-Era equivalent society three light-years from Earth on the other side of the Milky Way.
The robots keep on about an upcoming extinction event and ply humanity with advanced defensive techs and my scientists just managed to figure out that they don't know sh&t about the transdimentional gates that just so happen to sit outside nearly every system with a habitable planet. And thats stretching the term 'habitable', 90% are arctic or desert planets with barely any livable areas except near the equators.
But what they did manage to find out was that some species, around 50,000 years before hand, had set up massive laser arrays pointed at the gateways, which successfully destroyed every one that I've yet to find. Currently attempting to adapt the tech, running into problems, like having no f-ing clue how they work. So Tellus(Earth) and it's RingWorld sit in a small little bubble surrounded by the remains of an extinct civilization that destroyed every galactic gateway, purposely, the paranoid remains of 2 million year old robots who had there sh&t masticated and then handed to them, and the Butterflies that got out of orbit around the same time we did. With, save the case of one planet, everything pointing to some mass extinction event around, at the earliest, two thousand years before-hand.
Dagnabbit, I love this game.

2019_08_10_2.png
Forgot to mention, the capital ship of my fleet is a 700,000 year old frigate design of an unknown, extinct race built by an automated shipyard that I recommissioned and which subsequently self destructed after churning the ship out. Also an orphan Space Amoeba that adopted my fleet as its family. It has on two occasions attempted to mate with one of my destroyers.
A pack of Amoebas blinked into existence not too long ago, and apparently they're PISSED. Just annihilating everything they come in contact with.
Going to attempt to wrangle a few after my fleet leaves dry dock. Banking on my Amoeba.
I f-ing love this game.

2019_08_10_4.png

Yes, We've manipulated a exo-society into the Steam Age, and yes, Humanity is the now the father of the exogenic conception of Representative Democracy on a foreign world. As we should be.
Is this not what Brunner, Kipling, Steinbeck, Heinlein, and Old Ironsides would want? It is as we were meant to be.
I mean, Vonnegut would dispute our underlying motives. But in this case he can screw right off into a past where only Tellus exists, left writing another novel for a dying age...
Humanity is uniting the galaxy, Humanity MUST unite this galaxy. A galaxy, might I remind you, that was nothing but a slowly decaying graveyard of floating relics thanks to at least four still unknown galactic die outs that happened in a cascade which ended long before Humanity and the Valurt, more affectionately known as Battle Butterflies, showed up. Two species united, that reject Robotics and self fulfilling AI. Two which will soon to be three.
Thats right, we've already provided full civilian-ship to this planet and, through service(like everyone else), guaranteed citizenship. They haven't met us and we've already given them full rights as a species.
Like the Constructs keep saying, there is something coming, something that would cause 2,000,000,000 year old sentients to provide to us technology, at the least, a century ahead of our current understanding.
This isn't just a continual cakewalk of stellar existence, by the evidence of this reality Yehova has given Humanity a purpose beyond and within these stars, a purpose shared by every existing species we can find. Had they been the ones called they would, obviously, have found us instead. But in this case we are the case.
We have found them, and we continue to march forward, bringing their future in lockstep with our's. We're literally building upon the graves of those who perished long before any of us understood how to bang rocks together.
Humanity and the Butterflies were chosen for a purpose, in this dead, derelict, and rotting graveyard of a galaxy we rose to the task at the same time. Not only that but within a galactic stone's throw of eachother.
This was the work of Adonai, the God of us all. The One who speaks to The Adar, The Consul, The Citizen, and The Civilian alike.
Unsurprisingly, the Butterflies professed they have held no God before meeting ours, why would they? The One we both follow has set us together to stand against The Adversary. They have flocked to our worlds and temples since our Federation was solidified. An Atheistic existence they gleefully and quickly abandoned within 4 years
We are the Shield and Sword, they the Spear. Together we project a force not seen for over a hundred millennia.
But, as it stands...we bend like copper, our RingWorld sits half built, our power only extends through three arms of Adonai's galaxy, the might of the machines still overshadows us and we sit beneath their shade.
We have time, we think. And now we do so together.
Through the corrupted memories of the AI we understand they were prepared to protect trillions.
We know they failed.
As we have seen, their Ring Worlds only exist as clouds of metallic condensate. The species they were built to protect are nothing but frayed dust clouds of degrading genetic curiosities that have been floating for millions of years.
They are not our tree of life, they were never meant to be.
They are Ba'lam's donkey, our warning and the vessel that Yahova has used to speak through, a message to define the path laid before us, or more rightly said, the path we are not to take. They understood this by the time we could understand fire.
They are our beginning, we their end. Such is the reason we have drawn so close. The end is our beginning. In more ways than one.

Stars_and_Bars

Viscount
88 Badges
Dec 22, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
You should try reformatting your text to better fit your syntax style. As it is now, while it is possible to read every single line of text, it is very difficult to conceive of how they flow together.

Ashantai

Lost in Time
Demi Moderator
54 Badges
Aug 4, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
@bobdole44
This more rightly belongs in the AAR section here so I have moved it t there.