• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

oddible

Major
102 Badges
Aug 20, 2003
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • East India Company
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
OK, so maybe everyone is still so wrapped up in playing Victoria that everyone forgot to buy this game? I mean I saw poor reviews on GameSpot and all but the Paradox crew have such a great rep and have provided endless hours of entertainment - where is everyone? I see this game grouped with Svea Rike and CoTN, is it a mini game then like those?

Guess I'm not buying this one. Hmm...

oddible said:
I see this game grouped with Svea Rike and CoTN, is it a mini game then like those?

Guess I'm not buying this one. Hmm...
Yes it is, basically it is a CotN-Mod with a different map, two new additional kinds of Units and some additional historical events. Like CotN, it is kinda funny, easy to learn and easy to play, even on very hard, but for experienced paradoxians not much of a challenge (read. NO at all! ;) ). It is a nice beer & pretzels game for the unwashed masses unfamiliar with EU2 and it's kin, not more nor less... :rolleyes:

If You have already played and enjoyed EU2 and/or Victoria, I'd recommend You buy Crusader Kings instead... :)

whatasillyname said:
It is a nice beer & pretzels game for the unwashed masses unfamiliar with EU2 and it's kin, not more nor less... :rolleyes:

If You have already played and enjoyed EU2 and/or Victoria...

oh my.

Is there anything on the flip-side? I actually bought CotN before I had played EUII. Found this great community and lots of recommendation to install the EUII that was included. Glad I did.

Would actually recommend it (CotN) as a trainer for EUII or Vicky. Get the basics without the rush of getting thrown into complete mayhem.

CK June 4.

Thanks.

oddible said:
oh my.

Is there anything on the flip-side? I actually bought CotN before I had played EUII. Found this great community and lots of recommendation to install the EUII that was included. Glad I did.

Would actually recommend it (CotN) as a trainer for EUII or Vicky. Get the basics without the rush of getting thrown into complete mayhem.

CK June 4.

Thanks.
Nope, no flip side this time, only TT and nothing else on the CD... :)

CotN and TT are indeed a good introduction into Paradox games, but unfortunatley, I bought CotN after one year of already playing EU2, so I was somewhat disappointed. But OTOH, it included the english (Strategy First) version of EU2, too, which was much better than the crappily translated german version I already possessed , so I came out somewhat ahead. :rolleyes:

Make sure you take that $20 and order CK from Paradox.

Two Thrones was diverting for a weekend. But beyond that not much.

GrevenWhite said:
Yeah Ck Is definatly going to have to come from Paradox as God only knows when SF will send it to me
Well it seems that SF has been dropped as the publisher, and NA release will be September. Paradox will now self-publish in NA with distributing help from Atari.