Where do I look on a PC (Windows 11) to find the game data?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Curtis Cook

First Lieutenant
28 Badges
Jun 11, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
I feel stupid for asking this because I'm sure I've done it before, but I just spent a couple of hours looking over old threads and can't find the answer.

I don't have the game on Stream; I downloaded it onto my computer from GOG.com. I can find the saved games, but I can't find the files that contain stuff like mechs, weapons, scenarios, etc.

program files(x86)> gog galaxy> games> battletech>battletech data>streamingassets>data> This should be the path you want for base battletech. It will change somewhat depending wht mod you are running. chassis will give you a list of mech chassis.

• 1Love
Reactions:
THANK YOU!!!

I thought I remembered it being in Program Files(x86), but I couldn't find Program Files or Program Files(x86) after hours of searching manually. After reading your very helpful and detailed response I tried doing a 'search data' request and the answer popped up immediately that it was in C: (usually the 'search data' function works excruciatingly slowly).

New problem — now I couldn't find the C: drive. Finally it occurred to me that this was another case of 'sabotage by update'. Every time my computer automatically updates it reverts random preferences I've set to default, and you never know until you run across them which preferences have been affected. This time it was changed a small minority of the 'view lists' from 'detail' to 'tiles', which in this case meant that instead of looking at a list that read C:, D: and G: drives I was looking at what I thought were three graphic icons showing bar graphs of how much space I was using and how much was still available. Changing the list preference back to 'details' cleared things up immediately. (Note that the vast majority of the lists were still being shown in 'details', which was why I didn't recognize that this was an actionable list at all.)

Regardless, without you following the path all the way down I likely never would've been able to track all the way to the wanted 'data' folder. Excellent work, ranger!

You are welcome!! You have to watch windows updates, the last win 10 update to my desktop removed several apps. Win 11 update to my laptop wiped out my copy of MS office and my internet link. Good luck

I just spent about 12 hours going through the data folder, and I see it's not complete. Mechs such as the Annihilator, and vehicles such as the Arvakr and Urban Assault Vehicle are not included. Presumably these originally appeared in one of the add-ons. Would you know where the add-ons' data would be located? And where the Flashpoint scenarios would be? (Might as well ask for the world.)

I just spent about 12 hours going through the data folder, and I see it's not complete. Mechs such as the Annihilator, and vehicles such as the Arvakr and Urban Assault Vehicle are not included. Presumably these originally appeared in one of the add-ons. Would you know where the add-ons' data would be located? And where the Flashpoint scenarios would be? (Might as well ask for the world.)
The DLC data is bundled in the game files and not available as .jsons.

HBS released those files separately, you can check them here: https://github.com/caardappel-hbs/bt-dlc-designdata

Reactions: