• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I mean : which dynasty (more exactly "which AI player") is "wining the game" at the moment.
I don't wanna resign and end the game to know.
So I guess it's not possible ? (which is very strange)

Resigning won't help with that, as it only shows your score. (It doesn't compare your score to that of other characters in the same game.)

Probably your best bet is to sort the "Independent States" page of the ledger by score. (And ignore obvious false positives like the Papacy.) It's not completely certain that the current "winner" will be independent, but it's pretty likely.

For example, in the screenshot below, Egypt is "winning" with 28k and I'm second with 18k (but I don't show up on the list because I'm not independent). (NB: The "score" here does not include the current title holder's prestige and piety; you'll need to add that separately. This will probably only be a major factor for successful Catholic crusader kings.)

20200923140110_1.jpg

EDIT: If you wanted to cover all of your bases, I suppose you could also check the characters with highest prestige in the "Characters" tab of the ledger. These characters probably have the highest dynastic prestige and therefore the most illustrious ancestors and therefore higher-than-normal score.

Last edited:
You're my savior !! Believe it or not I didn't know about the ledger. In fact I knew but when I opened it I just had my provinces and no navigation arrows (maybe due to a cosmetic mod I'm using). As a result, I thought that the ledger was limited to a single domain page. So when I saw your message, I googled the ledger and found out that arrow keys allow to browse through the ledger's pages. And here we are ! Eureka !

And yes, the independent states score ranking you are proposing does the job ! Thank you (for this and for teaching me about this @$#@$ ledger ! :))))

• 1Like
Reactions:
when I opened it I just had my provinces and no navigation arrows (maybe due to a cosmetic mod I'm using).

If you can verify this (eg. disable the mod and the arrows reappear) then it might be nice to let the mod developer know that his mod removes the ledger navigation.

If you can verify this (eg. disable the mod and the arrows reappear) then it might be nice to let the mod developer know that his mod removes the ledger navigation.

Despite my mod, I eventually saw the "next" and "previous" arrows ... they were just far below the ledger window so I didn't pay enough attention. My obsolete glasses I guess.
Thanks again for your help, very useful !

Not related question, but it came to mind when reading the thread: there's any problem if I'm playing an iron man game and resign? As far as I know the save still works. Do achievements stop ticking or something?

Not related question, but it came to mind when reading the thread: there's any problem if I'm playing an iron man game and resign? As far as I know the save still works. Do achievements stop ticking or something?

Don't resign - that saves the game.

Instead, Alt+tab and use task manager to force-quit CK2. (If you get prompted to let CK2 exit "nicely", don't!) This allows you to revert back to your previous autosave date (which might be up to 6 months in the past). It's a bit of cheese, but sometimes necessary.

Don't resign - that saves the game.

Instead, Alt+tab and use task manager to force-quit CK2. (If you get prompted to let CK2 exit "nicely", don't!) This allows you to revert back to your previous autosave date (which might be up to 6 months in the past). It's a bit of cheese, but sometimes necessary.

Thanks for your answer. Does it mean that achievements won´t trigger in my current game?

oops, I always use the continue button, does it mean I won´t have achievements? Seems quite arbitrary. Thanks for your answer
When I've played on Ironman, I've always used the continue button, and the achievements have fired. Not sure why he says not to use it.

Reactions:
When I've played on Ironman, I've always used the continue button, and the achievements have fired. Not sure why he says not to use it.

If you start copying out the save game files and reverting to another save game file - I've gotten errors when using Continue if I do that.