• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
File Locations on Linux

Executable, DLCs and Mod upload folder:
/home/user/.local/share/SteamApps/common/Crusader Kings III/

The "Documents" equivalent is:
/home/user/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings III/

So logs are in /logs/ under that.

Is your crash as our launcher starts or as the game starts from it?

Has it ever worked on this machine?

What happens if you start the game's executable from a terminal session command line?

File Locations on Linux

Executable, DLCs and Mod upload folder:
/home/user/.local/share/SteamApps/common/Crusader Kings III/

The "Documents" equivalent is:
/home/user/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings III/

So logs are in /logs/ under that.

Is your crash as our launcher starts or as the game starts from it?

Has it ever worked on this machine?

What happens if you start the game's executable from a terminal session command line?

1. OK thanks found it uploading a zip.

2. When I click start on the launcher with no mods it crashes and prompts a sending a log.

3. Yes faster then CK2 in fact, until the new patch 1.1.1 that is(and the hot fix too)

4. ok trying to get there via command line but it's giveing me
'bash: cd: too many arguments' when I try to cd to
/home/mrr/Crusader Kings III/binaries/. so I can try to start the exe

Attachments

• logs, Manjaro, Steam, CK3.zip
    3,9 KB · Views: 0
There's a bug in the 1.1.x patches where it will not load on a machine with only 2 CPUs, which is the case here. I've only seen it on Windows so far so I'm not 100% sure that is your problem.

So please try reverting to the 1.03 game patch in the Steam Betas tab for the game - is that any better?

There's a bug in the 1.1.x patches where it will not load on a machine with only 2 CPUs, which is the case here. I've only seen it on Windows so far so I'm not 100% sure that is your problem.

So please try reverting to the 1.03 game patch in the Steam Betas tab for the game - is that any better?

Oh yes, 1st thing I did and then it ran no problem as before. So I think you can add Linux distros to the list of OSs this bug is effecting.

Great, thanks for that detail!

Not that I can disclose as yet, I'm sorry!

But can you not revert to game version 1.03 and play, as with this issue on Windows?

If the game runs the logs do have to be somewhere. Did you try searching for, say, system.log , error.log or exceptions.log?