• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(...) FTG sold really really abysmally (...)
Is there, though, some relation with the "mother" game? I mean, e.g.: did EU2 sell not very much and thus FtG, while HoI2 sold well and thus AoD too...?
Just wondering.

Is there, though, some relation with the "mother" game? I mean, e.g.: did EU2 sell not very much and thus FtG, while HoI2 sold well and thus AoD too...?
Just wondering.

IIRC, EU2 sold quite well (if i'm wrong, then someone correct me, please).

As a "fossil" :p of the forum (to use someone's word from a couple of posts back), even if my post count does not show it well :D, i'm a faithful player of EU2 (now, FtG) and AGCEEP, for that matter.
I modded a bit, with a small hand in the last patch for the Mongol Empire Scenario (EU2), and i still mod FtG for personal use only (at least so far) when i find some minutes for it. And even if it's a very small modding activity, i know how time-consuming (and "difficult", in that sense) it is.

The frustration YodaMaster must have felt is understandable: you spent months, years, perfecting a product that everyone was willing to "consume" while it was for free, and then, when you deliver it to the market, with even more additions and possibilities for your own modding, people drop it. Yeah, it's quite sad.
But having said that, i also think that some people may have been put off from buying the game when the first reports of the players surfaced, right after the release: there was no new map, after all (and specifically, no new map for AGCEEP). And well, it was hinted by YodaMaster himself - can't remember now in which thread exactly - that a new map would be included in the release. Those first impressions saying that there wasn't, may have kept potential gamers away, who felt that the new features and the new tools available were not enough. Just my 2 cents, anyway.

In any case, go on MichaelM, and bring 1.2 to us. I'm waiting... :rolleyes:
Cheers.

EU2 did not sell well. It sold less than EU1.

EU:R was a big success financially and critically.

FTG sold really really abysmally, and i think yodamaster lost money on making it.

Its a bit sad when you do a mod that people enjoy for years, and then the total sales is less than a percent of your free downloads. I completely understand why Yodamaster lost his motivation.

I keep questioning myself how could EU:R sell well. What are you taking in consideration when stating such? Amount of copies sold only? Or income vs expenses?

I am surprised such an addictive and user-friendly game has had trouble selling.

It is undoubtedly my favourite Paradox game so far, although Arsenal of Democracy is getting closer with each patch. :eek:o

Austen.

I am surprised such an addictive and user-friendly game has had trouble selling.

It is undoubtedly my favourite Paradox game so far, although Arsenal of Democracy is getting closer with each patch. :eek:o

Austen.
Buy copies for your friends.

Jayavarman, is that what you do? Selling copies to your friends? Is that why you got so many icons below your avatar? Could i become one of your friends? :D

Jayavarman, is that what you do? Selling copies to your friends? Is that why you got so many icons below your avatar? Could i become one of your friends? :D
I have given out free Paradox games in the forums several times over the past few years. Last week, I gifted Davisxm with Semper Fi for posting his rendition of "Falalan".

both of course.

As a comparison.. Rome still sells about every month the total sales of FTG.

Can you give us an idea of these numbers?

Are we talking three figures? Four? (for FtG)

Austen.

Michael,

If i may ask, how many shinies per sale did you or Yoda see? In other words, how much cash did you earn per copy sold.
No, I don't think I can answer that.

And how much cash did you earn till now from the sales?
Technically I've earned some money, but I haven't seen a penny of it yet. (There are reasons.)

It is really hard to believe that EU:R is selling that well.

Maybe people are buying it accidently... like i did. :p

Although i must say that my Caesar's bust owns. Man, i wish Paradox released such awesome trophies more times. I wouldnt mind buying a Victoria 2 Collector Edition if it would bring, say, Bismark's bust.

I wouldnt mind buying a Victoria 2 Collector Edition if it would bring, say, Bismark's bust.

With respect, that's a terrible reason to buy a game.

Austen.

With respect, that's a terrible reason to buy a game.

Austen.

Erm, i was speaking of the collector edition, not of the game itself.

Well I withdraw my comment on EU:R, I never realized it was that successful to be honest, it is still a complete alien game to me (as is the whole 3D-age games you have designed, god damn you Gamersgate, use iDeal:)).

You can buy games on Gamersgate using iDeal