• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When it's ready.

Terribly disappointed

This when it's ready stuff is lame. I remember paying actual money for this product when it came out and I don't recall being told it wasn't really finished yet. So the attitude about when the patch is ready is lame. I've really given up on playing this game in MP and don't even play it SP since there are so many little bugs. Why bother.

This when it's ready stuff is lame. I remember paying actual money for this product when it came out and I don't recall being told it wasn't really finished yet. So the attitude about when the patch is ready is lame. I've really given up on playing this game in MP and don't even play it SP since there are so many little bugs. Why bother.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I'm going to assume no.

It was released complete but buggy. It will improve over time. This is pretty much the story with every PI game...

Yet we still buy them because they provide a unique gaming experience.

FTG especially seems to have a very dedicated development team, we have, and will see a lot of improvements in patches because of this.

It was released complete but buggy. It will improve over time. This is pretty much the story with every PI game...

Yet we still buy them because they provide a unique gaming experience.

FTG especially seems to have a very dedicated development team, we have, and will see a lot of improvements in patches because of this.

I bought it but don't play it . . .

I've just finished a wonderful game as Spain, what bugs are you talking about? As far as I know, the team is adding improvements, not patches for existing bugs.

Same here. Release crashed like mad for me, but patch 1.1 fixed all that.

I've just finished a wonderful game as Spain, what bugs are you talking about? As far as I know, the team is adding improvements, not patches for existing bugs.

Well, lets see. There is a problem with MP. At least on gameranger. Then I was playing Revolutionary France scenario and had phantom armies fighting ghosts, real hassle, lost armies to this bug.

It is imperative that Ai have to be improved. It is still doesn't know how to use domestic policy sliders and I am not sure if it uses hirelings and pirates.

I would like to pay more attention to the content of 1.2 patch but not release date

Thinking the same way. Maybe because we are living pretty close to each other. Just look at the map, I am living in Chita.

It is imperative that Ai have to be improved. It is still doesn't know how to use domestic policy sliders and I am not sure if it uses hirelings and pirates.

Thinking the same way. Maybe because we are living pretty close to each other. Just look at the map, I am living in Chita.

Ai changing Domestic policy sliders, ??? how will that work.Will it end up that every AI nation will be exactly the same in policy sliders..........how do you envisage it to work. ??
Will a SPA having a coastline go naval ??
I am curious.........

The only AI improvement I want is for the AI to fight its wars smarter , this means the AI will rethink on how to win that current war against that nation and not worry what will happen in 10, 20, 50 , 100 or 200 years later due to ..........domestic sliders or whatever

Well, lets see. There is a problem with MP. At least on gameranger. Then I was playing Revolutionary France scenario and had phantom armies fighting ghosts, real hassle, lost armies to this bug.

Define ghosts please.

Define ghosts please.

As in Boo, not there. My Army is still fighting an army that is long gone, a ghost. Then if you try to get your army to move, you 'retreat' but don't actually move, your army stays there in place with the white flag. Terrible bug. And hence a reason not to play.

There, ghost defined.

How do you know that the enemy army is "gone"? Do you see enemy armies with 0k men?

Yes, the same thing retreat-bug happened to me, but it was only once out of around 30 test games and in the 1.0 version. (It resets if you reload, obviously).

What he basically means is that your army is frozen in a combat stance, even though there are no enemy troops there.