• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps

2nd anniversary of release would have some nice numercial coherence with releasing a "2.0" version. Even if that would probably make the legions revolt here ;) Jokes aside, I could imagine that this is at least the latest date one could aim at. They will likely try to be faster with getting it finished, but if something gets wrong or if they should hear our pledges for a beta, this could easily become a possible date. Personally, I would hate waiting that long - but OTOH, given the scope and size 2.0 will have, those extra weeks could be good or even needed to get things right. The development/release cycles of 1.4 or 1.5 for IR are just no good comparison for the case we have here. 2.0 counts as a "bigger" release/DLC in my book and it also carry the weight of "restarting IR" for a broader audience.

Reactions:
Well, in the achievements list on steam there are new ones that clearly refer to content in 2.0 (like wonders and legion's honors). Is it maybe closer than we think?

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 2.46.32 PM.png

Reactions:
well, I'm willing to bet that it's either going to be on the Ides, or as @Herennius suggests, on the 2 year anniversary.

I don't think it'll be this month, at all, definitely not in Jan, nothing important releases in Jan, and there are only two weeks left in the month and we would've been told of such an important update at least a month in advance.

Nor in Feb, as it's still too early in the year for such an important release, so this leaves us with any time after Feb, so I guess either the Ides or the anniversary

Edit: Guess I'll go eat my shorts

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: