• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(231617)

Sergeant
Oct 21, 2010
When will it be released? Will this include WW1? Is the Russo-Japanese war and the Russian Revolution in VIP:R 0.4?

Last edited:
We're working on VIP for Victoria 2. However, progress seems to have slowed lately due to real-life commitments of the developers. We already have a lot of new countries added in, though we need to do some flags and a fair bit of other modding to get it somewhere reasonable.

The original modding team vanished and sadly never came back, even as I started to revise their latest version.

Quite some time ago I've discovered a (very) small number of events which had been posted here in this sub-forum but hadn't been used for version 0.4. Once all translations are done, I'll add these to my hotfix and release that as version 0.41.

Well, if you want more content, you should ask the original modders, if they have some prototype events stored on an old hard drive. Some of these modders are still occasionally active on the Paradox forums, so you could ask them. I have listed as many as I could identify in the credits.txt file, which is located in the db sub-directory of your game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The original modding team vanished and sadly never came back, even as I started to revise their latest version.

Quite some time ago I've discovered a (very) small number of events which had been posted here in this sub-forum but hadn't been used for version 0.4. Once all translations are done, I'll add these to my hotfix and release that as version 0.41.

Well, if you want more content, you should ask the original modders, if they have some prototype events stored on an old hard drive. Some of these modders are still occasionally active on the Paradox forums, so you could ask them. I have listed as many as I could identify in the credits.txt file, which is located in the db sub-directory of your game.
I highly doubt anyone still has anything. I asked around when I did my attempted compilation of all mods some 5 years ago, and the internal VIP site had already been down for some years at that point. Still, it might be worth a shot? Anyways, kudos to you for continuing efforts!

I highly doubt anyone still has anything. I asked around when I did my attempted compilation of all mods some 5 years ago, and the internal VIP site had already been down for some years at that point. Still, it might be worth a shot? Anyways, kudos to you for continuing efforts!

Yep, I remember their VIP site, just because CORE had their forum on terranova.dk, too. Honestly, I'm also highly skeptical, although I'd take the time to make them work properly. Taking into account the swapping PCs every few years, addding in the occasional hdd crash, the chances are slim.

Yep, I remember their VIP site, just because CORE had their forum on terranova.dk, too. Honestly, I'm also highly skeptical, although I'd take the time to make them work properly. Taking into account the swapping PCs every few years, addding in the occasional hdd crash, the chances are slim.
Hi. I'm just a small darkest hour player, and I want to get into victoria (yes the first game, yes in 2023).

What is VIP? I hear a lot about it in the forums without knowing what it is.

And by the way how does the installation of mods on victoria work?