• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any figure available, when we will be able to play multiplayer between Flashpoint owners and non Flashpoint owners again?

I have currently a whole planetary league sitting and waiting. If there is no intention to fix it, I can es well shut down the server.
Team HBS, the spilt between FLASHPOINTERS and non-FLASHPOINTERS is both a Known Issue of yours and a problem for our BATTLETECH Multiplayer Community.

Gray sees it with his Inner Sphere Wars BATTLETECH League.

And I see it with my BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights.

Adding the barrier between those with and without FLASHPOINT is both unexpected and concerning to me.

Let’s review the last information we have from HBS on this Known Issue:

Known Issues (to be hotfixed asap)
  • Flashpoint owners cannot currently play multiplayer games against non-Flashpoint owners.

“Hotfixed asap” would have been greatly appreciated.

“Hotfixed” will be appreciated.

Hi everybody! I'm the new live team producer here at Harebrained Schemes. We're aware that this issue of players with Flashpoint being unable to play in Multiplayer games against those without is troublesome for our MP community. This problem is getting worked on and it will get fixed. Unfortunately, there is a significant amount of engineering work needed to get the issue corrected. This means it will take time into the new year, both for the purposes of developing and testing the fix properly. Meanwhile, those with Flashpoint will continue to need to disable that content strictly for Multiplayer to play against non-Flashpoint players. Thank you for your patience!

Hi everybody! I'm the new live team producer here at Harebrained Schemes. We're aware that this issue of players with Flashpoint being unable to play in Multiplayer games against those without is troublesome for our MP community. This problem is getting worked on and it will get fixed. Unfortunately, there is a significant amount of engineering work needed to get the issue corrected. This means it will take time into the new year, both for the purposes of developing and testing the fix properly. Meanwhile, those with Flashpoint will continue to need to disable that content strictly for Multiplayer to play against non-Flashpoint players. Thank you for your patience!
Thank you Good @HBS_DeathSheep! Well met and welcome to the BATTLETECH family! : )

I very much appreciate the update. :bow:

No, it is not what I would have liked to hear, but that is fine. It is an update and that is a great place for the BATTLETECH Live Team Producer to begin.

Thank you good Sir and as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming!

It is hard to express how wonderful this small post is. The fact that there is effort being put toward Multiplayer at any level is genuinely exciting. I think it's safe to say that we have been in the dark as it relates to multiplayer since launch. In fact, other than the initial release, this is the only official statement of any kind relating to Multiplayer. At least that I can recall.

I wasn't aware that disabling the content would be at least a short term solution to the problem. Thank you for the update!

If there is some way that any of us can help with the testing please let us know! I can't speak for everyone but I'd be willing to test possible solutions.

Welcome! Glad to see you on board ... and your message is indeed a tiny, ray of hope for me personally. I think for many of us as well.

Thank you for the update. This gives me a very quiet Christmas time indeed :)

If you find time, while working on the bug fix, please be so kind to add some pilots without special skills and just 1111 / 2222 / 3333 Skill level. Those would be greatly appreciated for tournament and league play.

As it stands now, we had to use a third party mod to get those simple generic pilots into multi player and it was a pain to get everyone up and running the mod properly in the right version....

I don't expect such things to get easier with multiple game variants running together in multi player.

If you ever want to test drive ISW league system, you are very welcome to do so. :)

Don't work too much and have a nice Christmastime

@HBS_HighCommand @HBS_Kiva @HBS_DeathSheep

The year is ending and it is time to look back and reflect. HBS focused on single player campaign for the release and the sandbox game for their first expansion. I feel these were wise choices considering the target group.

The multiplayer community however has been thirsting for any kind of support, QoL updates or at the very least a roadmap.
The truth of the matter is right now MP is basically dead. If not adressed soon and in a major way further support for it might prove pointless since there will be no one playing it any more. As a matter of fact it might be too late even now.

The issue with DLC vs non DLC hits the Multiplayer community so hard because for them there is no reason to get the DLC in the first place. The workaround being to disable Flashpoints people are actually better off NOT getting your latest release as far as MP is concerned. So there is not only no incentive to get Flashpointds, it is also mandatory to not use it...

Cheers,
Dr. Banzai

@HBS_HighCommand @HBS_Kiva @HBS_DeathSheep

The year is ending and it is time to look back and reflect. HBS focused on single player campaign for the release and the sandbox game for their first expansion. I feel these were wise choices considering the target group.

The multiplayer community however has been thirsting for any kind of support, QoL updates or at the very least a roadmap.
The truth of the matter is right now MP is basically dead. If not adressed soon and in a major way further support for it might prove pointless since there will be no one playing it any more. As a matter of fact it might be too late even now.

The issue with DLC vs non DLC hits the Multiplayer community so hard because for them there is no reason to get the DLC in the first place. The workaround being to disable Flashpoints people are actually better off NOT getting your latest release as far as MP is concerned. So there is not only no incentive to get Flashpointds, it is also mandatory to not use it...

Cheers,
Dr. Banzai
How very true but MP effectively IS dead - not just basically. (Imagine a wall of text in the following which I have deleted before posting.)

How very true but MP effectively IS dead - not just basically. (Imagine a wall of text in the following which I have deleted before posting.)
BATTLETECH Multiplayer is like the movie, Field of Dreams.

It has been built.

It exists.

Some of us enjoy it on almost a daily basis.

Is it all we thought it might be?

No.

But HBS has given us BATTLETECH Multiplayer, and BATTLETECH remains in active development. There are yet additional opportunities for HBS to make good on their hopes to "...explore different ways to bring Solaris VII to life." Between this or in other ways, BATTLETECH Multiplayer may yet move forward, be improved and refined. :bow:

I'm ready to dabble in MP again. Otherwise hoping for a MOD to make it happen?

MP works....mostly. Just need an opponent who has FP if you own it or via versa. And since finding people outside of the ingame lobby is not easy to coordinate. MP is quite dead. And in leagues, some teams have no FP players, some only FP players and coordinating those is also a pain.... time zones are already a problem, a fractured player base in FP7no FP is even more.... not worth the effort.

So either HBS can step up on the MP front and rise it to the same level of quality as they did with SP, or the game is dead for all those, who prefer MP over SP as time continues and the game ages.

Not only fixing this ugly bug, but have multi player maps with mission goals other than just kill them all. Asymetric maps, generic pilots without special abilities, maybe even maps with a reinforcement pool, so one lance is on the field but shot down pilots can be replaced up to a company (12 Mechs ) in one game... there is so much HBS could do, after the current bug is solved!

ISW players had so much input over time, how to generate better matches, without rising complexity above the lance vs lance level!

Some of it we did try to code around the current MP system and even got into using a little mod to get some more fluff into MP.... before 1.3/FP came and killed it all for now...

Heartwarming.png

HBS running tests on BATTLETECH Multiplayer...

#Heartwarming on a cold, cold day!

So... sorry, but I'm new. I don't see a way to make Mulitplayer work at all. Is it done down and out, only works between alike Flashpoint OR non-Flashpoint users, or ... have I just not set something up? When I try, it just says my account is in offline mode, I never get to a list of servers... so... little confused. Any advice ?

So... sorry, but I'm new. I don't see a way to make Mulitplayer work at all. Is it done down and out, only works between alike Flashpoint OR non-Flashpoint users, or ... have I just not set something up? When I try, it just says my account is in offline mode, I never get to a list of servers... so... little confused. Any advice ?
If is shows as "Offline,' just log out and back into your in-game Paradox account.

Now you should be "Online."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.