• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been looking up Stellaris for a while and I'm wondering when will 2.2 come to console edition

Given the fact that we have still to get

1.8 Synthetic Dawn
2.0 Apocalypse
2.1 Distant stars

before we even get Megacorps (update 2.2) it looks like we have a long wait to get to 2.2 given the slow rate in which each DLC is being releases.

Stellaris: Console Edition doesn't appear to have had a "great" uptake on console, but those who did are crazy loyal.

Paradox are a business, if more people buy it and the extras, the more likely they will bring further DLC's and Expansions. No plans currently or announcements from the devs to say they will support it after this latest update (Utopia). I hope they do as im straight up obsessed with it.

Basically, if you want further updates/DLC/Expansions, spread the word and help the uptake. Be the best ambassador you can for the game and the more people buy it, the more it will be supported.

Also, Paradox, if you do commit to further DLC packs, i will straight up give you £50 for them. just saying.

I don't know the numbers myself but I'm not a pessimist here. I'd say we need to give the team making this decision a little bit of time to do some math and decide how to best extend support if they decide to go this way.

For me, I say no, I don't want 2.2. I like the ability of using my ground armies and tweaking them. Don't we loose that ability in 2.0?

Also what does 2.0 and 2.2 offer that we don't have now already?

I would rather have mods right now than having 2.0+.

I don't think I got Synthetic Dawn. What does that do again Hackadatyl? Am I really missing out on it? Is that something about robots or something? If I don't play a robot race should I still get it, or I wouldn't be using it to the full potential.

But I do hope we get it, even if it's not for me. Hope you get your wish.

Here is the features of Synthetic Dawn, from here https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Synthetic_Dawn:

These features are only available if the accompanying DLC is activated.

• You, Robot: Play Stellaris as a customized robotic civilization, complete with a series of robotic portraits for science robots, worker robots, and more
  • AI, eh? Aye!: Follow new event chains and story features to lead your robot race to greatness as an intergalactic AI empire; pursue mechanical perfection in the stars
  • Rise of the Machines: Oppressed synths may rebel against their masters and form new empires -- or you may even discover a fallen synthetic civilization deep in space
  • Digital Enhancements: New synthetic race portraits, and expanded voice packs for VIR
Machine Empires
  • Machine Empires use the new 'Machine' species class with its own portrait set. Around 12 new machine portraits are planned, including one themed for each existing species class (Fungoid bots, Avian bots, etc)
  • A regular Machine Empire is made up entirely of networked drones (exceptions are made by the 3 special civics below) and are built using resources (in the same way as robot pops)
  • Different models can be created and built once the 'Machine Template' technology is researched.
  • They do not require food, instead using energy for maintenance.
  • Organic pops can not be integrated into a machine empire, and must be displaced or purged.
  • A special form of purging called 'Grid Amalgamation' - kills pops at a moderate speed, but the pops produce a large amount of energy while being purged (similar to processing for organic empires)
  • Machine Empire pops do not die from old age, but can suffer potentially lethal accidents and malfunctions, though this is fairly rare.
  • They also have their own sets of tradition swaps, similar to Hive Minds, including a new 'Versatility' tree that replaces the Diplomacy tree
  • They have their own unique personalities, dialogue and interaction with entities such as the Contingency and Fallen Machine Empires.
Free features
These features were added to the base game by the 1.8 (Čapek) patch meaning that they are free for all players and function without the need of the accompanying DLC.

• Revamped election mechanicsDemocratic governments no longer get to choose their ruler from a pool of active leaders, instead it will be centered around factions. Candidates are now representatives of factions and by taking into account the citizenship status of pops, the odds of a candidate winning an election are determined by the amount of support a given faction has throughout the empire.
  • Core sector governor – Instead of hiring a governor for each core system, there is now a single governor that governs all core systems. Additionally, a governor skill level now provides a direct increase to all resource production in a sector independent of their leader traits bonuses.
  • Manual PurgingPurging specific pops is once again possible on special cases if said pop is either: a slave, a non-protected pre-sapient or an undesirable.
  • Simplifying vassal creation – Previously it was only possible to create vassals by releasing an entire species whose homeworld was captured. Now to create a vassal all that is needed is to select a planet that contains a species (or sub-species) you want to make a vassal of and click on the Create Vassal button. Vassal empires will receive their overlords' ethics and authority but they are able to choose their own civics. Systems can be granted or seized by trade.
  • Land appropriation and refugees – This new policy governs whether or not newly conquered planets should have tiles appropriated from non-citizen species. It is available for all ethics types and it works by clearing some tiles either by driving the occupying species away and turning it into refugees or by outright eliminating them from the game. Homogeneity-seeking empires will make use of this policy meaning that wars of conquest will usually generate refugees.
  • Pre-sapient policies – New policies are available that dictate how species with the potential to be uplift are treated and they include: extermination, tolerance, protection and use as livestock.
  • Initial border status – This new policy controls the default border status an empire has towards other empires. An open approach means that ones' borders can be traversed without the need of an open borders agreement and a closed approach means it would need one.
  • Robotic workers policy refinement – This new policy dictates whether robotic pops should exist or not. Outlawing robotic workers will dismantle all robots within an empire. The currently existing artificial intelligence one is changed and it now determines if mechanoids can have sentience or not (outlawed) and if they should be enslaved (servitude) or given freedom (citizen rights).

Thanks for that. I totally forgot all about that stuff.

I'm still really hoping we get a dlc release plan to get us up to parity with the pc version. There are many features id love to play with in future patches that really feel they would improve the game. Bought the season pass myself and already spread the word to any friends who may be interested but at the moment it feels kinda crappy just waiting and seeing if that was enough to get proper support for console. Heres hoping it works out.

Honestly, I'm not sure why those of us who have bought the game and the expansion aren't enough. We've shown we have spent money and will spend more. Meanwhile there are people out there who might buy the game if they stop dragging their feet and make a plan to move forward.

If they half ass this for console they risk alienation a whole segment of gaming, more lost revenue.

Christmas is coming, they need to throw us a bone soon. At this point they are hurting themselves.

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," she said sadly. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When my womb quickens again, and I bear a living child. Then you will return, my sun-and-stars, and not before."

I know that everyone here would like to get a proper confirmation already, but the team does need more time to make the call. In the end, this is still a first for us on consoles. Maybe not the first port but the first port of a grand strategy game and now that the expansion pass has run its course, the devs need time to work with various PC builds to see what challenges lie ahead and the guys and gals who make business decisions need to crunch the numbers. ;)

Just FYI though, we know you're all anxious for an answer and we aren't forgetting. :)

I know that everyone here would like to get a proper confirmation already, but the team does need more time to make the call. In the end, this is still a first for us on consoles. Maybe not the first port but the first port of a grand strategy game and now that the expansion pass has run its course, the devs need time to work with various PC builds to see what challenges lie ahead and the guys and gals who make business decisions need to crunch the numbers. ;)

Just FYI though, we know you're all anxious for an answer and we aren't forgetting. :)

Thank you for that. Seeing how the devs talk so much on the PC forums, and so quiet here, it's like Paradox doesn't even care. I know, two different teams, two different divisions.

Still seeing how active devs are on the PC version forum, would be nice if Paradox let the developers here talk to us here. I swear we are in a library with all the silence here.

Thank you for that. Seeing how the devs talk so much on the PC forums, and so quiet here, it's like Paradox doesn't even care. I know, two different teams, two different divisions.

Still seeing how active devs are on the PC version forum, would be nice if Paradox let the developers here talk to us here. I swear we are in a library with all the silence here.

Keep in mind this isn't solely a Paradox endeavor and this forum seems to be handled by a different community manager.

I don't see any reason if you have questions about mechanics why you couldn't ask about something if you tag it [Version 1.7] ij the main forums. It's possible it may not be the same but it'd be better than no or a slow response

For me i kinda dont want Console Stellaris to go past 2.0.
To explain i dont want to lose the tile system. PC games have the ability to play with mods and on old versions of the game while we on console are locked to what ever happens to the game.
I love alot of the stuff made for Stellaris post 2.0 but relearning the game and never getting the old one back isnt that appealing

Keep in mind this isn't solely a Paradox endeavor and this forum seems to be handled by a different community manager.

I don't see any reason if you have questions about mechanics why you couldn't ask about something if you tag it [Version 1.7] ij the main forums. It's possible it may not be the same but it'd be better than no or a slow response
As for for community management, it's being handled internally but it's true that development is handled in Australia by Tantalus. It's a bit of a busy time (preparations for PDX Con) but rest assured that, at minimum, what you write here is being read and feedback is passed on in weekly reports. :)

For me i kinda dont want Console Stellaris to go past 2.0.
To explain i dont want to lose the tile system. PC games have the ability to play with mods and on old versions of the game while we on console are locked to what ever happens to the game.
I love alot of the stuff made for Stellaris post 2.0 but relearning the game and never getting the old one back isnt that appealing

I agree. What I hope is it's an option to add in or out off. Something like a DLC that we can turn on or off and make both sides happy.