• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would rather the development to slow down a bit so the devs have more time to take care of bugs and various issues that are already present. The last thing CK2 needs is development a'la EU4.

I would guess, it will be like September judging by the release of Great Works. Any more information available yet besides court improvements?
My fairly uneducated guess is it will release about the same time when Holy Fury was released previous year.However we might start hearing about it soon.

I would rather the development to slow down a bit so the devs have more time to take care of bugs and various issues that are already present. The last thing CK2 needs is development a'la EU4.

I second that. As much as I would love another dlcs this game could use some serious patching and slight rebalancing. Some older DLCs and features could be revisited for sure.

There is so many suggestions that would improve game so much. And of course nobody expects devs to change core mechanics or anything that would require absurd amount of work, but there is plenty simple features that people constantly ask for that would make the game so much better.

Either way smashing bugs and oversights should be top priority right now, that's what I think.

Most of the CK2 team were reassigned to other projects. Looks like we wouldn't have any major DLCs anymore, only free patches.
I don't think that's quite true. I think we'll get a couple free patches before they go back to making DLC. Holy Fury might have been the most popular DLC yet so it wouldn't make much sense to stop it there.

Most of the CK2 team were reassigned to other projects. Looks like we wouldn't have any major DLCs anymore, only free patches.

That would be really sad because ck2 is probably most fun and complex paradox game at this point. No other game even comes close to levels of depths ck2 has.

edit:
[I was bashing some other paradox titles here but it was probably disrespectful so I removed this part]

ck2 still has many issues and bugs waiting to be fixed, but has insane amount of content at this point and really forces you to stop and think about your decisions sometimes.

I think it is time to slowly start on CK3... it will take some time, probably Vicky3 before that..

ck3 will most likely feel so.. simple compared to ck2 and all of it's dlcs.

Last edited:
I second that. As much as I would love another dlcs this game could use some serious patching and slight rebalancing. Some older DLCs and features could be revisited for sure.

There is so many suggestions that would improve game so much. And of course nobody expects devs to change core mechanics or anything that would require absurd amount of work, but there is plenty simple features that people constantly ask for that would make the game so much better.

Either way smashing bugs and oversights should be top priority right now, that's what I think.

Yeah, fix the major bugs and==this should be a big focus IMO--make sure all the tooltips are updated and accurate.

ck3 will most likely feel so.. simple compared to ck2 and all of it's dlcs.

CK3 would also be a good opportunity to add things that would brake the engine like light naval combat or dynamic trade and strip back things that didn’t work

Strictly speaking, there hasn't been any news that there will be any more expansions.

Strictly speaking, there hasn't been any news that there will be any more expansions.
Perhaps not "strictly speaking", but a couple of obvious hints suggest a new start date that most likely is beyond the scope of a free patch.
I would suggest Nantes/Retz in 9... 867.
Clipboard02.png

Note Fatimid controlled Sicily and the Kingdom of Arles in particular.

That screenshot doesn't tell us anything. Beside that it's not 769, 867 or 1066 start.

oh...