• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about those who scream and whine until release, oh Great and Magnificent One? Shall they be tortured with false delays? :p

what about those who scream and whine until release, oh great and magnificent one? Shall they be tortured with false delays? :p
wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! Dev diaries!!!

I'll add it.

Forgive me I didn't respond at once but Gallo is a langue d'oil (what is called "Frankish" in vanilla game). Before the Frank conquest it was Romano-gallic (like the whole Gaul). Britons settled in western "Armorica" at the end of the 5th century. The political unification: 9th century.
Good luck for your mod!

How can Enlil answer that, when we still don't know what will be included for free in the patch, and what will require the DLC?

Wait until Charlemagne comes out, or at least we have some dev diaries, then ask again.

No, Charlemagne will not be required as the essential mechanics (tribal holdings, elective gavelkind and centralisation) are going to be included in the free patch.

Was that stated in the video stream, or elsewhere? I was only half-listening to the stream.

Then tell us, your humble acolytes, oh Omniscient One, when will Charlemagne DLC be released, I beseech thee.

Was that stated in the video stream, or elsewhere? I was only half-listening to the stream.

It was in the stream and repeated elsewhere.

Dev Diary 1: Frankly I'm Tired of Franks

Intro:
The Frankish people at this time are not romance speaking, baguette wielding, mini-car driving people that exist today. They were not always like that. There was a time when the French even won wars. This is that time.

480 AD - Everybody hates everyone else

At this period in history, the Franks weren't united. This is because Romans are mean, and tribal law and various chieftains do not facilitate unity. There are 4 (counting St. Landry) Frankish rulers in game.
TbZTc9o.png

Salia:
The Salian Franks are Clovis' group, poised to take over everything, and one day give the world Napoleon, then Napoleon Dynamite. You have a good start here, with avenues into Soissons, Frisia, Britain, or even Ripuria. Be wary though, as your vassal, the High Chief of Camaracum is going to hurt your levies.

5gEGdsS.png

Ripuria:
The Ripurian Franks are not Clovis' group, and will find themselves under the leadership of the Salians. The Ripurian start is harder, as your border with various, more powerful Germanic powers cut your opportunities short.

MK6doav.png

Trier:
Trier, another Frankish state, but of a unique Romano-Frank culture. Arbogast is the only Christian Frank in this time (save for Landry, a bishop in Soissons) and you are the one easy target for a Ripurian conquest. Easily one of the hardest starts in game, stay true to your historical defiance and never kneel to Soissons.

etEaBW6.png

Later Dates:
This mod is in the progress of adding later dates, here are their stories.

Frankish Steel:
This is when Clovis unites all the Franks.

Frankish Kingdom:
This is the only, and best Frankish realm around, take it or leave it.

Ns7bc0P.png

Later-Later Dates:
There is another death of Clovis, and death of Chlothar bookmarks in progress.
nms8q6z.png

Paris:
You are one of the weakest of the brothers, doomed to a childless death, and the loss of the kingdom.

Orleans:
Stable position, Orleans has the potential to go neat places.

Austrasia:
As Austrasia you have a great opportunity to expand Eastward, but you will have to contend with powerful, foreign cultured vassals.

Neustria:
You will unite everyone historically, but watch out for the last Roman power in France, Avernia. You may think the problem is finished when your son Chram takes
control of the area, but it is only the beginning.

Extroduction:
Tomorrow, or even later today, we will have an exciting look at Migratory realms and stuff.

A picture of the Germanic Kingdoms, pretty, because your Emperor is benevolent:
a3rml5W.png

I demand an Old Frankish culture!

That's what Frank is.

No, there should be Old Frankish, Frankish and French (the naming might not be the best but there really should be three steps).

Otherways you seem to have done a good work with the history as the borders in these timeframes are always aproximate.

What tool do you use to fill up empty provinces with characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.