• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Syagrius is going to remain a king, it looks nicer, makes the nobility's strength more realistic, and can become dejure.

Yeah, and the more I read about Ambrosius, the more convinced I become about making him a king too. He was described as the "king among all kings of the British nations". I interpret it that he should be a king, not just another duke

In the late 5th century it seems to be the rule that if your kingdom was barely more than a few days' ride in either direction, one big battle could undo you completely.
I hate to cut down a very good post, but it's necessary I think, unfortunately.

This one point is great. I think, in terms of gameplay mechanics, that this decisiveness is best represented by powerful CBs. Wars should be fairly swift and decisive. I would suggest, if this isn't in the works already, that rulers of the same culture group get invasion CBs on one another. Perhaps prestige should play a more important role than in vanilla, high prestige opening up some CBs.

Oh, I am of course very much looking forward to this mod. Hurray for more Late Antiquity content.

If the franks conquer soissons get that kingdom replaced with france? Because I have an idea how you could solve the problem where the frankish kingdom was named germania inferior and conquered italy in one of your playthrougs you posted here. So when this guy who has the tribal franks title or the tribal thuringian title founds a de jure title like germania inferior he gets an event that destroy kingdom of the franks and makes france the name of that de jure title to represent that the people now calling it like the people who rule there like burgundy or france etc. Is that possible?

Okay, Syagrius is going to remain a king, it looks nicer, makes the nobility's strength more realistic, and can become dejure.
Alrighty.
Yeah, and the more I read about Ambrosius, the more convinced I become about making him a king too. He was described as the "king among all kings of the British nations". I interpret it that he should be a king, not just another duke
Hopefully not a de jure king, at least. Even though Ambrosius was called such by some writers, as best anyone can tell, Sub-Roman Brythonic Britain was fairly fragmented. A de jure king of Britain, sharing the same culture and religion as a bunch of petty dukes, will fairly easily swallow them all through de jure wars and occasionally demands for vassalization.

If the franks conquer soissons get that kingdom replaced with france? Because I have an idea how you could solve the problem where the frankish kingdom was named germania inferior and conquered italy in one of your playthrougs you posted here. So when this guy who has the tribal franks title or the tribal thuringian title founds a de jure title like germania inferior he gets an event that destroy kingdom of the franks and makes france the name of that de jure title to represent that the people now calling it like the people who rule there like burgundy or france etc. Is that possible?

Already done but differently with a franks unification decision. Also it should not be called "France" as that name apperd later on.

We have also talked a lot about dynamic dejure decisions and creation for tribal titles.

Hopefully not a de jure king, at least. Even though Ambrosius was called such by some writers, as best anyone can tell, Sub-Roman Brythonic Britain was fairly fragmented. A de jure king of Britain, sharing the same culture and religion as a bunch of petty dukes, will fairly easily swallow them all through de jure wars and occasionally demands for vassalization.

Most of the pagans and others have at start titular titles (correct me of wrong, Enlil).

Already done but differently with a franks unification decision. Also it should not be called "France" as that name apperd later on.

Most of the pagans and others have at start titular titles (correct me of wrong, Enlil).

Now that I think about it, the Domain of Soissons should be a titular kingdom. The dejure kingdom it sits on would be Lugdunensis. If controlled by the Franks, both titles would be called Neustria?

I don´t recall suggesting that he would be a dejure king? I just said that he would be a king.

Now that I think about it, the Domain of Soissons should be a titular kingdom. The dejure kingdom it sits on would be Lugdunensis. If controlled by the Franks, both titles would be called Neustria?

Well, it should be linked to the kingdom dissolving upon death and the unifing franks decision. Soissons is already titular, and Lugdunensis is a good name for the roman kingdom. Soissons should not be able to be controlled by the Franks, and if Syiagrius looses (by getting invaded, rebellions or whatever) the kingdom should be destroyed automatically, maybe reformable be a gallo-roman (EDIT: Not needed as Lugdunensis already models that).

I would also love to take a look at the mod Britannia's dynamic dejure, tribal and titular titles formable by decisions.

Last edited:
I would also love to take a look at Britannia's dynamic dejure, tribal and titular titles formable by decisions.

Yeah, we need to take a look at dejure Britannia and North Africa, I feel that it is too big to be just the kingdom of Africa and Mauri

Edit: And we also need to redraw the borders of Oriens

Last edited:
Yeah, we need to take a look at dejure Britannia and North Africa, I feel that it is too big to be just the kingdom of Africa and Mauri

Oh, I meant the system of the Britannia mod, but you are right anyway as we need to take a look at that too. ;) Clarified.

Is there a released version of this mod or a beta?

As having been explained before: No there is not a released version of it and there hasn´t even been a closed alpha yet.

As having been explained before: No there is not a released version of it and there hasn´t even been a closed alpha yet.

Closed beta, closed alpha is what Enlil currently have. The beta testers are the ones from the front page and various contributors.

I don´t recall suggesting that he would be a dejure king? I just said that he would be a king.
Nor did I mean to imply that you said such a thing! I just wanted to warn against it in case the idea what floated from any quarter.
That should be in big, bold, red letters in the OP.

Closed beta, closed alpha is what Enlil currently have. The beta testers are the ones from the front page and various contributors.

The alpha I was reffering to is the AAR that Enlil will do after the voting is done

The alpha I was reffering to is the AAR that Enlil will do after the voting is done

Oh, yes, got you wrong. That should probably also be in the main page for the people that are not paying attention.

We have also talked a lot about dynamic dejure decisions and creation for tribal titles

Yeah, but the decision currently is acting oddly.

Well, it should be linked to the kingdom dissolving upon death and the unifing franks decision. Soissons is already titular, and Lugdunensis is a good name for the roman kingdom. Soissons should not be able to be controlled by the Franks, and if Syiagrius looses (by getting invaded, rebellions or whatever) the kingdom should be destroyed automatically, maybe reformable be a gallo-roman (EDIT: Not needed as Lugdunensis already models that).

I would also love to take a look at the mod Britannia's dynamic dejure, tribal and titular titles formable by decisions.

Dejure Gaul is already done

Yeah, Steppes, Africa, and Steppes and Russia need to be done. I don't plan to do much with Britain, because thenSaxons have almost completely conquered it, and I already have comprehensive name changes for the duchies.

Up to Enlil.

I liked Up too.

Oh, yes, got you wrong. That should probably also be in the main page for the people that are not paying attention.

I'll add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.