• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What´s wrong with the Magyars forming Carpathia? Why should they form Hungary in every game? Modern nations should not be the predetermined product for "settling Barbarians". And Im not saying that Theoderic should restore the WRE every time he invades Italy, just that he does it historically, so that you can play as the resurrected WRE from 493 to 534. The decision to restore the WRE should be available to any Roman, Romano-Barbarian and Greek (culture group?) ruler.
Everything is wrong with Carpathia. There were no such things as Carpathia and Wendish Empire, and they make no sense whatsoever. There's just no historically plausible ways for them to form. WRE should die more often then not because it's already dead in every aspect, save propagandistic.

Everything is wrong with Carpathia. There were no such things as Carpathia and Wendish Empire, and they make no sense whatsoever. There's just no historically plausible ways for them to form. WRE should die more often then not because it's already dead in every aspect, save propagandistic.

Historically plausable? Have we forgotten that this mod is called "When the World Stopped Making Sense"? What if the Magyars migrates to Scandinavia and blends with the Norse? Then it shouldn´t be Hungary they will form, but Magyarland or Magyaria or something Magyar-Norse name.

Historically plausable? Have we forgotten that this mod is called "When the World Stopped Making Sense"? What if the Magyars migrates to Scandinavia and blends with the Norse? Then it shouldn´t be Hungary they will form, but Magyarland or Magyaria or something Magyar-Norse name.
Yes, that would be more plausible, then bloody Carpathia or Wendish Empire. I mean even the names are completely wacky.

Yes, that would be more plausible, then bloody Carpathia or Wendish Empire. I mean even the names are completely wacky.

What´s wrong with Carpathia? What if the Magyars like the Carpathians and decide to name their realm after them? And Wendish Empire, they might decide to migrate to and then blend with the Wends, so why not call their realm "something Wendish"

What´s wrong with Carpathia? What if the Magyars like the Carpathians and decide to name their realm after them? And Wendish Empire, they might decide to migrate to and then blend with the Wends, so why not call their realm "something Wendish"
Because "Wend" is Medeival German word for Baltic Slavs, no one used it. I'm of course not Early medieval Magyar, but something tells me they would call their empire Magyarorszag anywhere.

Playthrough 640
What Has Happened?
Now the world is really getting crazy at this point, with huge rebellions creating the disunified Hispanic States in the ruins of Basque Spain. For a while it seemed that Iberian Paganism would stamp out Christianity Hispania. After the original failed invasions by the Saxons, a brand new wave of conquest was sent, targeting Scandinavia and Pictland. In Britannia, Rheged fell after years of religious fighting with the Pelagians, who also destroyed the nation of Dumnonia, which had regained communion with the Nicene Church. In Italy, the descendents of Odoacer had began practicing Roman customs, and the Kings began practicing Roman culture and supporting Latin. Unfortunately, the ensuring weakness with the hearty support from the Praetorian Prefecture in the Senate, the northern Thuringian lords were against it, causing the Frankish invasion of Italy. In Egypt, Coptic customs and religion had been eliminated, and now the regions is a Greek speaking nation. Similar effects have happened in Ethiopia, where Greek, Nicene, Baccinbaxabas began spreading their faith and culture. The current Baccinbaxaba though is a traditionalist, who has earned the animosity of his primarily Greco-Ethiopian vassals.

World:
1StZdRQ.png

Religions:
j7lxSJ5.png

Most Poweful States:
(In Order)
Saxony
Leader: Kuning Marbold Hattonid
Culture: Old Saxon
Religion: Germanic Pagan

Germania Inferior
Leader: King Bertamn Meroving the Accursed
Culture: Old Frankish

Rajastan
Leader:Samrat Brahmdevpal Gupta
Culture: Rajput
Religion: Hindu

Hillahid
Leader: Sultan Muzaffaraddin the Wise
Culture: Levantine
Religion: Sunni

Persia
Leader: Empress Tourandokht Sassanid
Culture: Persian
Religion: Zoroastrian

Galloway
Leader: Frauja Chintila the Conqueror
Culture: Visigothic
Religion: Arian

Byzantine Revolt
Leader: Staurakios Tarasus the Wicked
Culture: Greek
Religion: Nicene

Sibungawi
Leader: Piudi Ervig Hermanarik II
Culture: Visigothic

Axum
Leader: Baccinbazaba Tekle Zoskales the Noble
Culture: Ethiopian
Religion: Miaphysite

Byzantine Empire
Leader: Basileus Prokopios of Polis the Fat

Tamilakam
Leader: Maharaja Kontan Kalabhras the Ill Ruler
Culture: Tamil
Religion: Hindu

Lusitania
Leader: King Beremud Falaric
Culture: Romano-Hispanic

Germania Slavica
Leader: King Gerlac of Stolp
Culture: German

Mauri
Leader: Sultan Muh'end Shaheen
Culture: Berber
Religion: West African Pagan

Hepthalites
Leader: Emperor Aram Gaoche
Culture: Hepthalite

Bolghar Khaganate
Leader: Khagan Yencepi Onog
Culture: Bolghar
Religion: Steppe Pagan

Gwynedd
Leader: Triath Garthnaith Deototreich the Good
Culture: Pictish
Religion: Celtic Pagan

Dacia Carpetes
Leader: Piudi Athalarik Heruli
Culture: Rygir

Cimrii
Leader: Kuning Guictglis Hattonid II
Culture: Old Saxon

Dacian Revolt
Leader: Geberik the Cruel
Culture: Heruli

Egypt
Leader: Queen Athanasia Philaretos

Most Interesting Nations

Itil
Leader: Duke Octar Kaztalid
Culture: Hunnic

Volga Bulgaria
Saxony
Leader: Khan Koshel Tylmache II
Culture: Mordvin
Religion: Finnish Pagan

Lithuania
Leader:King Mihajlo od Suzdal
Culture: Old Slavic
Religion: Hypsistarian

England
Leader: Queen Ben-Muman de Cunningsburgh the Great
Culture: Irish
Religion: Pelagianism

Perhaps Egypt needs some looking at. It is weird for it to suddenly and completely turn Greek after centuries of foreign rule. Perhaps Egyptian should be ruled by a caste of Egyptians or Greco-Egyptians....

Or we need to look at how provinces change culture. Because this seems to be leading to just a few homogeneous cultures throughout Europe, rather than the hodge-podge that should exist.

Perhaps Egypt needs some looking at. It is weird for it to suddenly and completely turn Greek after centuries of foreign rule. Perhaps Egyptian should be ruled by a caste of Egyptians or Greco-Egyptians....

Or we need to look at how provinces change culture. Because this seems to be leading to just a few homogeneous cultures throughout Europe, rather than the hodge-podge that should exist.

Yeah, we definetly need to to slow the culture conversion rate, and I think we could tie it up together with religion. For instance, if a province doesn´t have the same religion or culture as its ruler has then conversion should be extremely slow. But if the province has the same religion, then the rate of conversion should be greatly increased.

I think having a Greco-Egyptian culture makes sense as Greeks have been ruling Egypt ever since Alexander.

I think having a Greco-Egyptian culture makes sense as Greeks have been ruling Egypt ever since Alexander.

But there have to be some pure Egyptian provinces left, even by this time right?

I've also read somewhere that during Roman times Egypt was virtually closed for visiting and immigration/emigration. You needed to obtain special visa from prefect to visit it. But I, for the love of God, can't remember where I read it and what's its credibility.

I've also read somewhere that during Roman times Egypt was virtually closed for visiting and immigration/emigration. You needed to obtain special visa from prefect to visit it. But I, for the love of God, can't remember where I read it and what's its credibility.
One of the best things would to make the rulers Egyptian, but that won't help when the ERE can revoke titles left and right and will replace them with Greeks soon after.

A little suggestion about cultures in Spain: there should be a few melting pots, and the local culture should be some kind of Roman culture (Ibero-Roman or West Latin or something). In Western provinces controlled by Visigoths, the culture should gradually change to Castilian and the ruler should be allowed to become Castilian. In Eastern provinces controlled by Visigoths, the culture should gradually become Catalan, same goes for the rulers. In provinces controlled by Berbers or other Arabic cultures, it should then become Andalusian.

I omit Portuguese because the Portuguese culture and language did not emerge any time around this time period. If anything, it was mostly a unique Galician culture rather than a Portuguese one, but it's similar enough to Castilian to be left out if you don't want to over-complicate the situation.

A little suggestion about cultures in Spain: there should be a few melting pots, and the local culture should be some kind of Roman culture (Ibero-Roman or West Latin or something). In Western provinces controlled by Visigoths, the culture should gradually change to Castilian and the ruler should be allowed to become Castilian. In Eastern provinces controlled by Visigoths, the culture should gradually become Catalan, same goes for the rulers. In provinces controlled by Berbers or other Arabic cultures, it should then become Andalusian.

I omit Portuguese because the Portuguese culture and language did not emerge any time around this time period. If anything, it was mostly a unique Galician culture rather than a Portuguese one, but it's similar enough to Castilian to be left out if you don't want to over-complicate the situation.

We already have Hispano-Roman (or whatever its called) and I think we already have a few melting pots and I also think Castilian, Catalan and Portuguese are available to evolve into. Though I hate the idea that modern cultures are the predetermined products of culture-blending, I recognize that it would be to much work to simulate fictional melting pots for every culture available

The names are meaningless. Once formed, you are just supposed to rename it to something more fitting with the Customization Tool (for example when I form Carpathia with Croatia, I rename it into Pannonia (how later Historians may have called the state), Croatia-Hungary or Croato-Avaria (once when I won a crusade for Hungary a few years after the Magyar settled)). The Empire-tier forming there is simply as a recognition that you have a powerful state.

"Kuning Marbold Hattonid"

Hattonid? what language/culture does that dynasty name orgininate from?

Status
Not open for further replies.