• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed the Dejure problem, and I made some new traits with custom icons (by me!):

Convict (If someone escapes from a dungeon, they get this trait)
prestige: -5
diplomacy: -1
Corrupt:
intrigue: 2
tax_modifier: 10%
opinion: -10
Legendary Leader:
+ 3 all stats
Shield of Islam:
Same Religious Opinion: +10
Piety/Prestige bonus
martial: +3
fighting against religious enemies: +10%

Last edited:
I fixed the Dejure problem, and I made some new traits with custom icons (by me!):

Corrupt:
Legendary Leader:
+ 3 all stats
Shield of Islam:
Piety/Prestige bonus

Suggestion for another trait: Disdain for ... (Religion) - Could fire if someone tries to convert you. Opinion malus for charakters of this Religion and extra Damage if fighting these. And maybe Events regarding extra taxes (give you money) and all that stuff like book burning (gives you piety or prestige if you neglect to do that).

@Loup99

This would allow the creation of radically new religions, like how currently there is Hepthalism, a bizarre religion that combines Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Manichaeism, Tengriism, and Mithraisim. And in Crimea, there is a religion called Ypistotheo, which is another strange Bosporan cult centered on the Most High God, based of of Thracian Paganism, (with a central Hero God) and Judaism.

Also, I tested the map, the Dejure looks great (Though the colors are horrible), and now I have to sadly begin on the transition section to the East

Sorry for not being as active as I used to be, it turns out Im a little more busy than usual for the next couple of days.

But still this sounds great! Only thing missing is the ability for the player to create their own religion!

Corrupt:
Legendary Leader:
+ 3 all stats
Shield of Islam:
Piety/Prestige bonus

Good traits.

Suggestion for another trait: Disdain for ... (Religion) - Could fire if someone tries to convert you. Opinion malus for charakters of this Religion and extra Damage if fighting these. And maybe Events regarding extra taxes (give you money) and all that stuff like book burning (gives you piety or prestige if you neglect to do that).

This should be added together with patron gods, Tolerance for and dynastic bloodlines.

But still this sounds great! Only thing missing is the ability for the player to create their own religion!

Would probably be hard to implement.

Also, congrats on your 1000 replies! ;)

Yeah, I am really thankful to Erik W for the help in this, he has been crucial to making Dejure setup so quick. My next Dejure change, Byzantium has already been planned and will be done by myself.

Just let me know if you need help with North Africa, Britannia or Persia

@Enlil: I actually have an idea for what I can do to help you! I know how to code traits so if you want help with those I can do that. Also have you token a look at the VIET- traits mod mady by cybrxkahn?

Wonderful! Good Job!

Update: I'm thinking about letting Muslims raid, what do you all think?

There is certainly a historical precedence to this in the shape of Mahmud Ghaznavi who for example launched 17 raids into India, destroying in one of them the famous Hindu temple of Somnath. I dont know if one can consider this a "normal" practice in the Muslim world though. From what I know it seems to have been limited to the Bedoiuns of the Arabian desert and the newly converted Turkic peoples of the Central Asian steppes.

There is certainly a historical precedence to this in the shape of Mahmud Ghaznavi who for example launched 17 raids into India, destroying in one of them the famous Hindu temple of Somnath. I dont know if one can consider this a "normal" practice in the Muslim world though. From what I know it seems to have been limited to the Bedoiuns of the Arabian desert and the newly converted Turkic peoples of the Central Asian steppes.

Maybe make it bound to the culture? Is that posible? Or let all Muslims raid until a certain point like the Invasion of the Byzantin Empire. And later avaible for the Turkic tribes.

Okay, working on cultural retinues and tactics for different cultures (More Later)

Pictish:
Retinue: Woad Raiders (Light/Heavy Infantry Mix)
Tactic: Woad Raid ( Skirmish stage infantry charge )

Thuringian:
Retinue: Thuringian Warband (Light Cavalry)
Tactic: Bait and Swarm (Light Infantry and Cavalry get huge offensive bonuses, but the Cavalry Bait is nearly defenseless)

Old Saxon
Retinue: Houscarls
Tactic: Mægenellenáflygennes ( Powerful Heavy Infantry Charge without any archers )

If you want my help, just give me a list of what you want as new traits. ;)

Maybe make it bound to the culture? Is that posible? Or let all Muslims raid until a certain point like the Invasion of the Byzantin Empire. And later avaible for the Turkic tribes.

I think I read somewhere that the original rules for jihad came from the need to justify the muslim raiders and pirates in the Mediterranean in religious terms. They certainly were a big problem in Italy and all the coastal areas. I'm not sure exactly when it trailed off though. Didn't the Barbary Pirates raid Cornwall for slaves at one point?

I would love any help, feel free to make any events you think would improve this time period.

The problem for events is that I'm not very experiented and does not have much imagination. :( Traits also seems easier to make and I know how to do them.

I think I read somewhere that the original rules for jihad came from the need to justify the muslim raiders and pirates in the Mediterranean in religious terms. They certainly were a big problem in Italy and all the coastal areas. I'm not sure exactly when it trailed off though. Didn't the Barbary Pirates raid Cornwall for slaves at one point?

Partially true. They raided Cornwall but they also reached as far north as Iceland on at least one occasion. Bloody good seamen.

Pictures of a World Reborn!
Behold, Dejure Changes! Now with horrible colors!

Overview
FIcMpNk.png

cRqRdSO.png

Some Titles:
y5wcbwU.png

Behold, the mighty Germania, the land no man has ever owned.
TlR9ujc.png

It actually made it in!
vz7r1ze.png

The Seven Provinces, home to Visigoths, Massalians, and Gauls
UVIoTk2.png

Because thinking of Flags is hard
aot5Jyi.png

The Kingdom Title for a Syagrius who wants vassals that like him.
IyCiR6J.png

Here's your Germania Inferior. You've won this round Erik W....

People
The Pope at this time:
ZeEPIQw.png

A Bosporan in the court of the Crimean Goths (Icon is a placeholder until the real icon is finished)
2IvYuV6.png

A Galatian:
cjq6gg7.png

And a Redone Mauretania:
0Eod2O9.png

Hey Enlil!
Your work is very impressive ( to repeat what i said before :D )
But yould you mind to show you progress in your first or second post of the thread?
It is not very comfortable to scroll through all pages to see what the progress is exactly!
This is my personal suggestion to you. You seem to be a very organized modder, so keep it that way! ;-)

Hey Enlil!
Your work is very impressive ( to repeat what i said before :D )
But yould you mind to show you progress in your first or second post of the thread?
It is not very comfortable to scroll through all pages to see what the progress is exactly!
This is my personal suggestion to you. You seem to be a very organized modder, so keep it that way! ;-)

Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.