• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful! Good Job!

Update: I'm thinking about letting Muslims raid, what do you all think?

Maybe before a certain date it could be ok.

Also,one of the places I will not Dejure overhaul is India. Hundreds of tiny provinces which made me almost quit when making the Gupta Empire.

Maybe someone can help you with this? (maybe I)

Last edited:
Maybe someone can help you with this? (maybe I)

There's no information on it, and I'm pretty sure the current setup will work fine. Would you care more if I left kingdoms like Vihaijaya, which are dynastic titles anyway, or ahistorical titles like Leon and Lotharingia. There simply isn't enough information and not enough gain to warrant a dejure overhaul of India.

There's no information on it, and I'm pretty sure the current setup will work fine. Would you care more if I left kingdoms like Vihaijaya, which are dynastic titles anyway, or ahistorical titles like Leon and Lotharingia. There simply isn't enough information and not enough gain to warrant a dejure overhaul of India.

Ok, fine then.

Clarification for the religious suggestions (these are my thoughts inspired by what was posted):

• dynamic aparition of many new religions via prophetes and messies
    This means that if you do certain things in a region there are dynamic religions that can appear for this region, starting with a prophet or a messie. For example there can be an event for a judaic messie that gets a lot of followers and you get to choose whether you want to follow him or not. This messie can create a new heresy of judaism depending on the region with different costums inspired of other religions. Or another pagan religion can appear in a pagan province being inspired by the culture. (the possibilties are endless) A version of Christianity that is highly tied to learning could also be created through an event or a council.

• for the reformed polytheistic religions possibilty of movements that want to go back to the old ways and reform back the non-reformed pagan religion
    If you reform a pagan religion there will be revolts that force you to convert back to the non-reformed version of the religion and annul the reforms that you have made.

• religious melting pots (with heresies)
    For example if you are an arabic pagan ruler over a jewish religion province there will be after a while events that create a new jewish religious branch (or heresy) that mifght be polytheistic or monotheistic and have different or unique caracteristics (a hybrid of the two old religion). This could also be controlled by tolerance traits.

• more events and flavour regarding heresies being able to take over the mother religion (already modeled with councils)

• different religions that are more or less centralized (some with religious leaders and some without) with different caracteristics and traits that are unique for them
    This means that you take usage of the SOA, ROI and Old gods modifiers that are applicable to religions (for example a martial bonus to certain religion that are militaristic). Also tolerance trait and patron deites could be used for this.

These suggestions are inspired by Lux Invicta and are a lot of what if. They also want to be modeled as dynamic as possible. In general the people that have posted so far in the french thread seem to want to have the religious part of the mod as dynamic as possible and similar to what I was suggesting some posts ago.

Last edited:
@Loup99

This would allow the creation of radically new religions, like how currently there is Hepthalism, a bizarre religion that combines Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Manichaeism, Tengriism, and Mithraisim. And in Crimea, there is a religion called Ypistotheo, which is another strange Bosporan cult centered on the Most High God, based of of Thracian Paganism, (with a central Hero God) and Judaism.

Also, I tested the map, the Dejure looks great (Though the colors are horrible), and now I have to sadly begin on the transition section to the East

This would allow the creation of radically new religions, like how currently there is Hepthalism, a bizarre religion that combines Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Manichaeism, Tengriism, and Mithraisim. And in Crimea, there is a religion called Ypistotheo, which is another strange Bosporan cult centered on the Most High God, based of of Thracian Paganism, (with a central Hero God) and Judaism.

Yes exactly. It would also require a lot of work around the religions, I'm afraid. The ones you already have look very bizarre too.

Yes exactly. It would also require a lot of work around the religions, I'm afraid. The ones you already have look very bizarre too.

Oddest of all, both really existed at this time! With this mechanic, Islam may fail, but in Italy, a bizarre Christian-Hellenic cult can spring up,and become a dominant religion.

Oddest of all, both really existed at this time! With this mechanic, Islam may fail, but in Italy, a bizarre Christian-Hellenic cult can spring up,and become a dominant religion.

Yes and it is probably more for the stopped making sense part than for the historically accurate hardcore point of view.

This is a pretty promising part of the mod. We know that throughout the 5th century the Emperors had to work pretty hard to keep people from converting back to paganism as the fall of the Empire was blamed on the abandoning of the old ways. Paganism wasn't quite dead and at the top of the empire there was a struggle between more zealous and more tolerant (or even pagan) factions. A second pagan revival should still be within the realm of possibilities.

Okay, we got ourselves a problem. Suddenly all the flags got jumbled up!
That sounds not so good! Are flags tied to ID's?

More problems with it, the game now considers Septem Provincae a vassal of the Empire of Britannia, which is a vassal of the Duchy of Campania. But I have narrowed the problem to the Empire of Gaul, so away I go.

Flags get messed up when you change landed_titles without deleting the flag cache, or when you create a new title and don't add a flag for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.