• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should be a bit more sensitive when it comes to events relating to the rise of Islam. I worry that someone will get offended.
I hate political correctness. Also, the entire reason of not making Mohammed portrait is to not make him special, but what we do is give him an Arabic letter that does make him special.

It's only political correctness if you do it for Public Relations, since it has not been advertised it can not be for that reason. More likely it's for enlightened self interest so you don't get a derranged zealot trying to axe their way through your front door at 3am.

It's only political correctness if you do it for Public Relations, since it has not been advertised it can not be for that reason. More likely it's for enlightened self interest so you don't get a derranged zealot trying to axe their way through your front door at 3am.

For these reasons the event should be dynamic and with many viable outcomes. If there is only a little chance that Islam appears in it's current form there will not be much trouble with enlighted self-interest.´

About religion in general I have some suggestions from the french forums:
  • dynamic aparition of many new religion via prophetes and messies
  • for the reformed polytheistic religions possibilty of movements that want to go back to the old ways and reform back the non-reformed pagan religion
  • religious melting pots (with heresies)
  • heresies being able to take over the mother religion (already modeled with councils)
  • different religions that are more or less centralized (some with religious leaders and some without) with different caracteristics and traits that are unique for them

In general the people that have posted so far in the french thread seem to want to have the religious part of the mod as dynamic as possible and similar to what I was suggesting some posts ago.

Last edited:
It sounds like that guy really wanted to be overthrown...

Oh PLEASE make that a bookmark! Make him an Arab Pagan that doesn´t give a squat about his subjects, enemies, family, anything! And PLEASE make him extremely difficult to convert. There should be events and decisions UNIQUE to this guy like:

Make Mecca and the Black Stone a tourist attraction

Move the Black Stone... somewhere

Give Independence to Christian vassals

Just give him the same decisions and events you would give Emperor Nero or Caligula!

Edit: These events and decisions would have to be impossible for the AI to implement?

[OT]
Sorry to disappoint you, but he genuinely looks like a nice guy, he instituted charity for blind and disabled in capital province, lowered taxes, because he liked to live the life of nomad and didn't need fancy palaces. And that's considering everything we know about him was written by his enemies.
When Yazid gathered forces overthrew him, he had to pay them 5 years' worth of warriors' salary, no one wanted to fight Walid out of religious zeal. And immediately after his assassination, another Ummayad, Marvan, gathered troops under the banner of restoring Walid's sons on the throne.
Ummayad caliphate in general is truly lost world, very different from later Islamic states (I blame Abbasids, personally). They adorned they palaces with Roman style statues (including nudes), for example.
If you want Mad Caliph, then probably Al-Hakim Fatimid (996-1021) is your bro, he should be playable in CK2+.

Sorry for OT.

OK, the gain more legions events are going well. I think I can figure out a modifier so that there aren't any levies until the Theme System is established.

Didn't have the Middle Earth mod smth like this? Maybe you could ask there.

That's why Mohammad won't actually appear as a character in game, only mentioned through Rise of Islam events.

But I want to assassinate him :(

Seriously though, Muhammad should be there for the sake of historical accuracy and also the possibility of ahistorical scenarios (what if he dies, for example). Who cares if some religious extremists get offended.

Why does the title fit so well...
Is what I keep asking myself everytime I see this thread xD

I also think that this is a great title for a mod! (I would never had thaught about a such title myself) And you must see this thread quite often as it is on it's way to become sticky, with a lot of replies.

I also think that this is a great title for a mod! (I would never had thaught about a such title myself) And you must see this thread quite often as it is on it's way to become sticky, with a lot of replies.

That would be great!

Political correctness is also a synonym for treating a religion with respect (but that is a negative to dumb people.) so its still fits I guess.

Though I think this dynamic shit is overly complicated and just unnecessary.

Good! You work fast on the dejure stuff. Ask again if you need more maps for another region, I can probably look it up (but not as good or fast as Erik W).

Last edited:
Good! You work fast on the dejure stuff. Ask again if you need more maps for another region, I can probably look it up (but not as good or fast as Erik W).

Yeah, I am really thankful to Erik W for the help in this, he has been crucial to making Dejure setup so quick. My next Dejure change, Byzantium has already been planned and will be done by myself.

Do you have anything to say about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.