• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Question about Islam. What happens to the Ruler of Mecca at that Time? Will he get the decision to either support Mohammed or banish him (like it happend historical)? And if he takes the decision to banish him will he face a Event spawned army? Another thing Enlil: if you need any help with Islam or the Orient i can help you. Im no Modder thow but i know quiet a bit about that region in this time :)

And now Enlil fall in the vortex of pleasure of our überenlighted badass language.
Shouldn't Mesopotamia be included in dejure persian empire ?

I think that would work, but the title would have to be owned by the Byzantine governor (king) of Mesopotamia sitting in Amida.

I went onto the Strategium French Forums to see if Loup99 had posted the translation yet, and it was terrifying. Everyone is talking in French, and I can't make out anything. All I can do is say "Intéressant" to make it look like I'm doing something. But I also found out that Loup means wolf in French!
True ;) , and here is the post (I just posted the essentials for the moment) : http://forum.reseau-js.com/topic/90687-mod-quand-le-monde-a-arr%C3%AAt%C3%A9-davoir-un-sens-480-ad/ and here over at paradox http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?775010-MOD-Quand-le-Monde-a-Arr%EAt%E9-d-Avoir-un-Sens-480-AD

I think that kingdom of France should be created by the franks even if their kingdom is limited to germany, as in your AAR.

Yes, or they stay tribal as they probably would had if they had migrated to Germany and not converted to christianity. It could be titular or made by a decision with the condition of being catholic and frankish cultured.

I think that kingdom of France should be created by the franks even if their kingdom is limited to germany, as in your AAR.
I feel like it should have major effects on Frankish (Germanic) development. As I think only a Frankish catholic ruler of former Gaul would convert to an early french (Latin) culture

Enlil can I get a look at the dejure map for the British Isles?

I've got an idea for the Picts that utilizes the Magyar events but I need the dejure map so I can use the right tags. If there isn't one I can try to throw something together.

You´re so welcome. If you need, I could help you with the duchies and kingdoms of North Africa, Britannia and all of the Eastern Empire. I could also help you with Persia, though I would proabably not be 100% accurate

Any help if great!

And now Enlil fall in the vortex of pleasure of our überenlighted badass language.
Shouldn't Mesopotamia be included in dejure persian empire ?

It is part of Persia, just I'll be doing it when I do Byzantium.

I have a Question about Islam. What happens to the Ruler of Mecca at that Time? Will he get the decision to either support Mohammed or banish him (like it happend historical)? And if he takes the decision to banish him will he face a Event spawned army? Another thing Enlil: if you need any help with Islam or the Orient i can help you. Im no Modder thow but i know quiet a bit about that region in this time :)

Yes you can choose whether to support him or not, but what would be the advantages of Banishing him?

Yes, or they stay tribal as they probably would had if they had migrated to Germany and not converted to christianity. It could be titular or made by a decision with the condition of being catholic and frankish cultured.

But in history, the title of Kingdom of the Franks actually was used until the early 1200's, where Philip II began calling himself King of France.

But in history, the title of Kingdom of the Franks actually was used until the early 1200's, where Philip II began calling himself King of France.

It was used a bit earlier but you are right and I meant more a tribal franks title.

Yes you can choose whether to support him or not, but what would be the advantages of Banishing him?

I mean when you play as a Jewish or Arabic Pagan Nation (or even the Sassnids). Because some players seem to like choosing the underdogs and make them world empires and Arabic Paganism seems perfect for this role.

Please, please don't make Islam like the Mongols and give them tons of troops and streamlined events. That would be so boring and too historical.

Please, please don't make Islam like the Mongols and give them tons of troops and streamlined events. That would be so boring and too historical.

Don't worry, there are potential butterfly effect scenarios, and though they do get event troops, it is a small number.

Don't worry, there are potential butterfly effect scenarios, and though they do get event troops, it is a small number.

Yes, it should maybe also be dynamic, the number of troops. For Islam what did you decide to settle with for the first event?

Last edited:
Looking at the maps, what Kingdom will go in the Carpathian Basin. Should I keep it as Hungary for the sake of Magyar Migration events?

No, everything south of the Vistula and north of the Danube should be Dacia

Edit: Dacia should be an Empire, comprising of the following provinces:

Porolissensis
Apulensis
Malvensis
Dacia Carpates
Dacia Danubius

Last edited:

Hopefully they aren't to weak. I hate to see that islam is shattered more often than it wins. I know there was talk about it being 1 in a 1000 chance or whatever but who cares about that shit, its to important to not have a big part of the world.

1. Mohammed will not appear in game, and the is a separate religion for pre-schism Islam, like Nicene.
2. Rashidun Caliphate will operate on an open elective, but because of the Caliphate mechanics, and Sayyids will have precedence.
3. The Muslims won't really appear until the death of Mohammad. When the event triggers when Mohammad dies, the first Caliph will be created, along with Ali and the other potential Caliphs.
?)
So it's possible, that Ali would be elected as Caliph and Shia schism won't happen? Wow.
And if you'll ever get to additional starts, look for the rule of Walid II (743-744), Caliph, who used Quran for target practice, wanted to set up a tent on the Black Stone with his hunting dogs and friends and sit there drinking and singing songs, and presumably, was Arab Pagan. I've always wanted to play as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.