• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how helpful you guys were last time, I now am going to ask on what you think for Germania (Kingdoms and Duchies) and Italia (Duchies)
yUWT5Y7.png

My Bad First Draft for Italia: What should these duchies be called?
tg3q9FL.png

Update: Also, when this is done, I will move on to the most dangerous and largest dejure change ever, the Byzantine Empire at this point in time (Orient, Syria-Palestine, Arabia Petra, Egypt, Anatolia, Mesopotamia!)

And sorry to bring back this dead horse, but for the Rise of Islam, are 20,000 troops okay for the rise of Islam.

What I would do is have two events, one at the start that gives them equal to or around the number of troops in the Persian empire so that they have a pretty good chance at conquering it and another that fires when they conquer Persia, giving them enough troops to simulate the explosive rise of the Ummayads, something close to if not more then the amount that Mongols get at the least.

Huh, I have wicked question about Islam: What's Mohammed religion? And what's succession law in Rashidun Caliphate?;) What happens if Ali dies before Mohammed?

What I would do is have two events, one at the start that gives them equal to or around the number of troops in the Persian empire so that they have a pretty good chance at conquering it and another that fires when they conquer Persia, giving them enough troops to simulate the explosive rise of the Ummayads, something close to if not more then the amount that Mongols get at the least.

About that, I don't know. I want Arabs to win and became major power for the sake of plausibility. But they was so lucky in RL, that's crazy - Iran devastated by civil wars and wars with ERE, child on a throne, Rostam Farrokhzād randomly killed.
I don't think they should have amount of troops of healthy Iran.

Last edited:
And sorry to bring back this dead horse, but for the Rise of Islam, are 20,000 troops okay for the rise of Islam.

If the event goes by that path maybe x troups are enough? Or for balance give them as much as the seljuks or Mongols as they should be able to conquer a lot of territory. But as said earlier this hould only fire in certain cases.

Seeing how helpful you guys were last time, I now am going to ask on what you think for Germania (Kingdoms and Duchies) and Italia (Duchies)

My Bad First Draft for Italia: What should these duchies be called?

Germania: I´d say rename Liberia to Magna, remove Scania form "Denmark Kingdom" and instead include Hamburg and Lubeck into it and finally, name it Cimbria. Since there is not a river Oder in the game, make everything from the Elbe to the Vistula Germania Slavica.

Italy:

Duchies:
Sicilia
Lucania et Brutii
Campania
Latium
Tuscia et Umbria
Liguria et Aemilia
Merge Lombardy, Brescia, Aquileia, Krain and Istria with Venetia and name it Venetia et Histria
Flaminia et Picenum
Picenum Suburbicarium
Create Samniun in the Apulia Border Region
Apulia et Calabria

Kingdoms:
North: Italia Annonaria (Basically Padania today)
South: Italia Suburbica (Everthing south of Ravenna)

EDIT: MAKE SURE WE DON´T OVERPOWER THE ARABS, it should be a possibility to stop their guys before they have conquered everything

Huh, I have wicked question about Islam: What's Mohammed religion? And what's succession law in Rashidun Caliphate?;) What happens if Ali dies before Mohammed?

1. Mohammed will not appear in game, and the is a separate religion for pre-schism Islam, like Nicene.
2. Rashidun Caliphate will operate on an open elective, but because of the Caliphate mechanics, and Sayyids will have precedence.
3. The Muslims won't really appear until the death of Mohammad. When the event triggers when Mohammad dies, the first Caliph will be created, along with Ali and the other potential Caliphs.

About that, I don't know. I want Arabs to win and became major power for the sake of plausibility. But they was so lucky in RL, that's crazy - Iran devastated by civil wars and wars with ERE, child on a throne, Rostam Farrokhzād randomly killed.
I don't think they should have amount of troops of healthy Iran.

Like in the playthrough I did earlier, Islam rose breifly, ruled the K_Arabia, then the Last Caliph died in a revolution, and what was left was defeated by Axum. Like most early cults, Christianity, Islam, there has to be a lot of luck for it to succeed. (Flaming Crosses in the Sky???)

The Oder's in the game, just as a minor (non-navigable) river.

Germania: I´d say rename Liberia to Magna, remove Scania form "Denmark Kingdom" and instead include Hamburg and Lubeck into it and finally, name it Cimbria. Since there is not a river Oder in the game, make everything from the Elbe to the Vistula Germania Slavica.

Italy:

Duchies:
Sicilia
Lucania et Brutii
Campania
Latium
Tuscia et Umbria
Liguria et Aemilia
Merge Lombardy, Brescia, Aquileia, Krain and Istria with Venetia and name it Venetia et Histria
Flaminia et Picenum
Picenum Suburbicarium
Create Samniun in the Apulia Border Region
Apulia et Calabria

Kingdoms:
North: Italia Annonaria (Basically Padania today)
South: Italia Suburbica (Everthing south of Ravenna)

EDIT: MAKE SURE WE DON´T OVERPOWER THE ARABS, it should be a possibility to stop their guys before they have conquered everything

I posted a picture of Germany. Could you use the paint tool or something to draw the boundaries you would like. And don't worry, Islam can go either way.

I posted a picture of Germany. Could you use the paint tool or something to draw the boundaries you would like. And don't worry, Islam can go either way.

Sure, give me a minute...

Like in the playthrough I did earlier, Islam rose breifly, ruled the K_Arabia, then the Last Caliph died in a revolution, and what was left was defeated by Axum. Like most early cults, Christianity, Islam, there has to be a lot of luck for it to succeed. (Flaming Crosses in the Sky???)
That stuff actually happened a lot, best and most popular White general killed in a first battle of Russian Civil War, Pyrrhus, killed by roof tile thrown by an old woman, you name it.

Sure, give me a minute...

Thank you!

That stuff actually happened a lot, best and most popular White general killed in a first battle of Russian Civil War, Pyrrhus, killed by roof tile thrown by an old woman, you name it.

Crusader King dying taking a bath.

The name is modern of course, no need to be condescending. Anyhow, I may be biased, since I'm a Slav myself, but association of Przeworsk with Vandals looks rather Drang nach Osten-esque to me. And no-one, to my knowledge, ever doubted, that Prague-Korchak is a Slavic culture, and they appeared around the start date, a bit later of course.That's however totally true, that 5th century history of Slavs belong to the archaeology and anthropology mostly.

Well it's not just Nazi archeologists trying to fabricate a claim on Poland who associate the Vandals with the Przeworsk culture, since the area and timing certainly fit. I highly doubt that this area was exclusively Germanic because it's such a large region at the periphery of Germania, more then likely the other tribe associated with the Przeworsk culture (Lugii) was made up of several tribes, and possibly among them proto-Slavs. Even assuming all of that it's still anachronistic to call the region Germania Slavica because there certainly was no Slavic identity yet.

You are right though that the Prague-Korchak culture is Slavic. The Slavic migrations and expansions should in most cases lead to a Slav Poland because of the proximity of this region to that culture.

Enlil: I'm curious how it's going with the Frankish unification event. Is it working now or still having problems?

Why regions of "Germania" that were never, and certainly not during this time, under control of the Roman Empire have de jure Roman denominations? Maybe these could be used in case the Emprie is restored, but in IMHO should not be default. Perharps, instead, make a generic de jure set up according to which of the germanic tribes held the area, make them unable to press de jure claims initially (and give a generic conquest casus belli to compensate).

Edit: Nevermind this, it's nitpicky and stupid.

Last edited:
yUWT5Y7.png

Yellow: Vindelicia
Pink: Germania Magna
Grey: Germania Slavica
Beige: Cimbria

tg3q9FL.png

Italia Annonaria:
Blue-Grey: Alpes Cottiae (or merge it with Liguria)
Yellow: Liguria et Aemilia
Purple: Venetia et Histria
Brown: Flaminia et Picenum

Italia Suburbicaria:
Orange: Tuscia et Umbria
White: Picenum Suburbicarium
Blue: Samnium
Red: Latium
Dark Red: Campania
Grey: Apulia et Calabria
Light Green: Lucania et Brutii
Pink: Sicilia
Dark Blue: Corsica
Light Purple: Sardinia

Attachments

• tg3q9FL.png
    tg3q9FL.png
    27,1 KB · Views: 45
I went onto the Strategium French Forums to see if Loup99 had posted the translation yet, and it was terrifying. Everyone is talking in French, and I can't make out anything. All I can do is say "Intéressant" to make it look like I'm doing something. But I also found out that Loup means wolf in French!

@ Erik

Thank you for the maps, the new changes should be done by tomorrow.

You´re so welcome. If you need, I could help you with the duchies and kingdoms of North Africa, Britannia and all of the Eastern Empire. I could also help you with Persia, though I would proabably not be 100% accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.