• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First: you can multi-quote, stop positing three posts in a row.

Second: no. Many strong kings converted because a) they could enforce it on their peoples b) they saw the value in converting. Often times converting to Christianity provided strength and stability by essentially opening up ideas like primogeniture, political boons, decreased holy wars against them, increased reasons to fight neighbors, trade, and improved relations. Conversion and religion are just as much a part of politics in this era as anything else.

Sorry, wasn´t thinking.

And I see your point about the conversion. I though still believe that all weak religions should be reformable, just so that they atleast have a chance

Celtic France is best France.

About that, I noticed that there is no unified and pure Gallic/Gaulish culture in the culture file that was posted a while back. And that East Gallic was in the west germanic group. Does East Gallic represent Gaulish? In that case, shouldn´t it be in the Celtic group?

I see your point but I still think you could split away a unified Germania (comprising of both Inferior and Superior) form Belgica and a unified Raetia-Noricum from Pannonia, seems like a good compromise to me

Sounds good to me, I accept the compromise!

I don't think it needs to be done. Without Byzantine intervention in Western Europe Arianism has no reason to die out. And new barbarians would likely convert into the majority religion of the population anyway. I don't think Gundobad or some other barbarian king were into Christology very much.
Do you perchance know how Axum turned Arian. that's indeed a weird turn of events.

The Axumite Baccinbaxa first went Nicene, then Arian. Either way, I am astounded of the consequences. In game, I an rooting for the Danish States in Africa. With the Fall of Denmark to foreigners, the Danes there are all Denmark has left.

AFAIK, barbarian kings turned to Arianism to show their independence from Byzantine emperors. Conversely, they would use Orthodoxy to solicit alliance with ERE. It was more opportunistic political thing.

I'm thinking of a decision that allows a ruler to switch between the two like the Indian Religions allow.

Wait,What? How its 833?

The start date is 480, and I am doing an observer play through to show the people how the game progresses, and to discover who is too powerful and what religion needs altered.

Entirely true; for example Clovis converted because he knew that that would make him stronger in terms of the kingdoms that he had conquered. The only restriction for conversion should be for zealous people as in vanilla.

For the test game: those Huns seem incredibly powerful and stable! Maybe if you want to add more bloodlines you can take a look at those added by dorimi in his mid and those that are in Lux Invicta.

Cool, I'll check it out. And the Huns normally fail, this resurgence is rediculous! They have already pushed back the Cumanian and Turkish Migrations, now the mongols are left.

Celtic France is best France.
Armorica and Hunnic Empire are way too strong, even if a reformed pagan should be more powerful than an "old" pagan.

Same for above with the Huns, and the Celts have been modified. That is how the new French Meroving managed to finally form France.

About that, I noticed that there is no unified and pure Gallic/Gaulish culture in the culture file that was posted a while back. And that East Gallic was in the west germanic group. Does East Gallic represent Gaulish? In that case, shouldn´t it be in the Celtic group?

I'm using East Gallic for the Burgundians and some other smaller areas. Currently it is the culture of the Germanic people who lived in eastern Gaul.

Why do you need an event modder ? I *might* help, but it depends on what you want to do because my skills are limited (though I have some skills in events modding)

Any event is helpful!

Also, some religious icons are currently in progress by AnaxXiphos! The icons you will be seeing are:

Chalcedonian
Insular
Cult of the Most High God
Hepthalism

I also have gotten permission from other people for AnaxXiphos' icons for:
Georgian Paganism
Illyrian Paganism
East African Paganism
Semetic Paganism

As soon as I have a list of what provinces you will use I will be able to create the "conquer back land from the west, restore the west's legions" thing.

Don't worry, I am not changing the provinces themselves. But if you are talking about Provinces in the term of ancient Roman Provinces, then I would advise legions for the main ones, Hispania, Italia, Africa, Dalmatia, Gaul, ect. If you have a different or better idea, just tell me.

Yes, the ancient roman kind was the sort of province I was talking about. It's pretty confusing really having both subdivisions of land with the same name.

I have also just finished integrating your legions into the game, and the Flags and Localisation are working perfectly. Thank you so much for the help!

\
Cool, I'll check it out. And the Huns normally fail, this resurgence is rediculous! They have already pushed back the Cumanian and Turkish Migrations, now the mongols are left.
Same for above with the Huns, and the Celts have been modified. That is how the new French Meroving managed to finally form France.
Just remember the fact that you don't want actual history to be replicated. It's nice to see it not happen the majority of the time. Also, you never know that what you test will always happen or if it is just a fluke.

Just remember the fact that you don't want actual history to be replicated. It's nice to see it not happen the majority of the time. Also, you never know that what you test will always happen or if it is just a fluke.

I agree, the game could use a little more unpredictability!

Developers have recieved titles like the original voters, they are also on the main page.

I saw mine and I know exactly why I was granted that title. Thanks!

Why is the Hunnic Empire so north at the start?

I always figured that the Hunnic empire was based around more of the Ukraine rather then Russia. At least, that is how it is portrayed in the 399 mod back for EU3

Also, I plan on making some events to rework tribal migrations for both the Slav's and for the cultures such as the Avar. Do you have anything so far in regards to Migration events? If so, you mind posting them so I could see how I could improve it?

I'm using East Gallic for the Burgundians and some other smaller areas. Currently it is the culture of the Germanic people who lived in eastern Gaul.

I think you should make Burgundian a seperate culture and put it in the Scandinavian group or a new Germano-Scandinavian group, since they are originally from Danish Island Bornholm. I also think you should make a pure Gaulish culture, its still around by this time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgundians#History
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaulish_language#Roman_period

I think you should make Burgundian a seperate culture and put it in the Scandinavian group or a new Germano-Scandinavian group, since they are originally from Danish Island Bornholm. I also think you should make a pure Gaulish culture, its still around by this time.

Yes for the burgunds as a separated culture but I do not think that a separate culture is needed for Gauls except for ruler designer. People called themselves Gaulish but they where romano-gaulish.

Yes for the burgunds as a separated culture but I do not think that a separate culture is needed for Gauls except for ruler designer. People called themselves Gaulish but they where romano-gaulish.

That is exactly what I had in mind. I know that they´re proabably not a majority anywhere but there must still be pure-bread Gauls left somewhere

Enlil, can you elaborate a little what's in store for Slavs? I know they're probably not your first priority, but still. Early Slavic history is so damn mysterious, especially for West and East Slavs, though probably by 480 there won't be East and West Slavs, just Slavs, with South Slavs beginning to differentiate.

Enlil, can you elaborate a little what's in store for Slavs? I know they're probably not your first priority, but still. Early Slavic history is so damn mysterious, especially for West and East Slavs, though probably by 480 there won't be East and West Slavs, just Slavs, with South Slavs beginning to differentiate.

I am working on a event series for them actually right now if Enlil doesn't have anything major in store for them!

Currently, there are few Slavic tribes, with the Tribe of Sklav, Tribe of Venedi, and the Tribe of Antae.

I am working on a event series for them actually right now if Enlil doesn't have anything major in store for them!

That would be great.

Sure thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.