• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should a legion only contain 450 troops? That seems a bit underpowered to me. Or is that the actual legion size?
It isn't actually 450, more like 4500 in game (at least when I tested it in 867, could be more or less).

OK, the Eastern Legions are done. I'll test then upload.

Please do not mark "paradox" in your localization files for the other languages! (to everyone who makes localization) It is better to the columns leave without nothing than writing that. Otherwise your code and stuff looks great!

I have already posted the Dejure plans for that region.

I have seen that dejure setup, but what is your general line for dejure kingdoms and empires?. I meant more that these dejure titles should be disabled for the Franks.

Last edited:
Nice to see this mod going so well, can't wait for it to come out. If you need some extra ideas there are some previous Late Antiquity mods you can check out. Obviously they are all rather outdated by now but Saeculum Obscurum and Rome Must Die are both worth checking out and the creators are I think still active on the Paradox Forums. You could always ask them if you can borrow from their mods. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that. The aforementioned 399 AD for EU3 mod is also quite good because of its barbarians/nomads/settlers dynamic.

The size of the Huns in your current playthrough is pretty cool, but naturally with every new horde (Avars, Pechenegs, Khazars etc) their chances of survival should become slimmer. Any empire on the steppes should either go west and settle down somewhere beyond the Carphatians or be crushed by the next horde waiting in line to move westward.

The Frankish unification event is looking pretty good. It might be a bit too early for this but I wonder what happens afterwards. Historically the Franks went south and conquered Gaul and the Frankish (French) identity changed from a tribal/ethnic identity to that of citizenship, every person in France became Frankish/French. The ahistorical scenarios are pretty interesting if the Franks fail to take Gaul. Or what happens if the Gallo-Romans take the Frankish homelands. Do they flee across the North Sea to the British Isles?

Last edited:
Sometime before Enlil asked about Ecumenical councils, so I decided to write this little thingy, it's very basic, I can go a bit more in-depth if needed:

0. 49 A.D. — Jerusalem, concerned with distinctions between Christianity and Judaism, postulated that Christ was God incarnate, proclaimed circumcision unimportant, unimportant for our purposes. Recognized by all.
Nicene Ones:
1. 325 A.D. — I Nicene. Introduced the Symbol of Faith. Proclaimed Anathema to Arians, postulated that Christ had human body and soul. Recognized by all, except Arians
2. 381 A.D. — I Constantinople. One more time anathema to Arians; Formulated Trinity theory, postulated, that humanity of Christ doesn't stop him from being God, amended Symbol of Faith. Recognized by all, except Arians
3. 431 A.D. — Ephesus. Anathema to Nestorians, forbade any more amendments to the Symbol of Faith. Recognized by all, except Arians and Nestorians

4. 451 A.D. — Chalcedon. Anathema to Monophisits. Here's the catch, Myaphisits (Armenians, Copts, Ethiops) don't consider themselves Monophisits, but Orthdox and Catholics calls them that. Unrecognised by Myaphisits
5. 553 A.D. — II Constantinople. Mainly concerned with the role of Virgin Mary, but threw anathema to Platonians, Origen, Nestoians and Monophisits for good measure. Unimportant for our purposes
6. 680—681 A.D. — III Constinople. Anathema to Monothelits.
7. 787 A.D. — II Nicean - Anathema to Iconoclasts

8. 869—870 A.D. — IV Constantinople. Great Schism, Catholics proclaimed Ecumenical Patriarch Photius dethroned. Unrecognised by Orthodox, who had their own IV Constantinople with Anathema to Catholics.

I'll stop here. Now, there's so called "rogue" Councils, unrecognised by "mainstream" Orthodox/Catholic Churches:

341 A.D — Antioch - Proclaimed Arianism
355 A.D — Milan - Arians proclaimed Anathema to non-Arians
449 A.D — Ephesus - There was riots, fights and general debauchery, isn't recognized by anyone.
754 A.D. , 815 A.D. — First and Second Iconoclast. First proclaimed Iconoclasm, Second cancelled Anathema proclaimed by II Nicean Council.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For some of the mods that you can use to look at and be inspired of I have a list here (you may already have seen them):

After having a quick look-through, I´d say that what this mod should have, is a lot of building/rebuilding decisions. Examples:

Recolonize Petra

Rebuild Persepolis

Put Zeus back on his throne (Zeus at Olympia)

Bring back the Colossus (of Rhodes)

Bring Athena back to the Parthenon

Build the Hagia Sofia (only available to Justinian?)

After having a quick look-through, I´d say that what this mod should have, is a lot of building/rebuilding decisions. Examples:

Recolonize Petra

Rebuild Persepolis

Put Zeus back on his throne (Zeus at Olympia)

Bring back the Colossus (of Rhodes)

Bring Athena back to the Parthenon

Build the Hagia Sofia (only available to Justinian?)
Really all that sounds pretty Lux Invictus-y with the exception of Hagia Sofia, but I think that constitutes building a new Church barony in Constantinople.

Wonderful world so far in that playthrough, its turning out really interesting!

How did the Huns get so big? Do you have it so they begin with event troops or is there something else?

Did you mean "Chalcedonian" when writing the religion on the picture or did the Nicene religion appear through one of the Schism events?

Huns are a tiny power, their resurgence is odd and incredible. Also, I tend to use Nicene and Chalcedonian as the same.

Really all that sounds pretty Lux Invictus-y with the exception of Hagia Sofia, but I think that constitutes building a new Church barony in Constantinople.

Yeah

Also, the only Council I currently have in is the Second Council of Constantinople. More will come in time.

Does anyone know where I can find the event that changes West/East Francia into France/the HRE? I've got an idea for how Scotland is formed but having a hard time finding that specific event. Is there an event that changes it or is it something else that does it?

Does anyone know where I can find the event that changes West/East Francia into France/the HRE? I've got an idea for how Scotland is formed but having a hard time finding that specific event. Is there an event that changes it or is it something else that does it?

In common\events, open "misc_old_gods_events" and scroll down to the bottom. The two last events are the ones you're looking for.

Last edited:
Had a free hour in the morning, so Lugdunensis, Septem Provincae, and Italia are complete. Almost done with Belgica and Pannonia. Will do proper Roman names later.

KyaNABi.png

Really busy on getting the Uniting Franks decision to work so no pictures yet.

Last edited:
Please do not mark "paradox" in your localization files for the other languages! (to everyone who makes localization) It is better to the columns leave without nothing than writing that. Otherwise your code and stuff looks great!
Fixed.

About Persepolis and Petra: maybe make them Ruins like in AGOT and rebuild them in a series of Events that cost you Gold for each stage of Building? I heard that the Rebuilt the Temple Decision in CK2 Sons of Abraham works that way but i dont know it since I doesnt own it

I am not sure if Belgica reaches so South and Pannonia so West

Should really the CK-2 duchy of Burgundy area be linked to Lugnunesis? And Belgica looks also too far south.

Had a free hour in the morning, so Lugdunensis, Septem Provincae, and Italia are complete. Almost done with Belgica and Pannonia. Will do proper Roman names later.

KyaNABi.png

Really busy on getting the Uniting Franks decision to work so no pictures yet.

1. This is the extent of Pannonia: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Pannonia03_en.png

2. You have forgotten to add Germania Inferior, Germania Superior, Noricum, and Raetia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_Inferior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_Superior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noricum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raetia

Look at this picture for more help: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Roman_Gaul_-_AD_400.png

Last edited:
Also, the only Council I currently have in is the Second Council of Constantinople. More will come in time.
Second Constaniople? But why? It's not so important, compared to Chalcedon. I actually don't think any councils after Calchedon need to be in game, except IV Constantinople. Than of course, Ethiopian Coptic and Armenian Miaphysitism should be different, but I recall you already done that, and Georgians should be on the fence between Greeks and Armenians.
Does anyone have any idea what should it take to mend Chalcedon schism? Pentarchy thing doesn't work here, because by the time of the Schism Romans control all of it, which doesn't prevent Schism. Romans even control all of Armenia for some time, but that didn't help.

A question about the de jure map: Are you planning to incorporate Roman Dacia, Assyria and Mesopotamia into it? I mean, the Romans controlled Dacia for 164 years (107-271 AD), that should make it qualified. And even if the Romans only controlled Assyria for about 2 years, the title could be given to the Sassanids. All of Mesopotamia was a Roman province for less than 2 years but they also had a small province called Mesopotamia for 439 years (198-637 AD.) which would translate as the Roman titleholder only owns the northern part but can claim all of Mesopotamia, a reason to go to war with the Sassanids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyria_(Roman_province)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesopotamia_(Roman_province)

Roman Dacia would look like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roman_province_of_Dacia_(106_-_271_AD).svg

Status
Not open for further replies.