• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As asked earlier about Total Depravity, it can also be called Radical Corruption of Pervasive Depravity, is a Christian doctrine that teaches that all men are enslaved to sin, and there is no way man can make good decisions without god's divine aid.

I've seen some interesting things if you want to include the colonisation of Iceland. If you use the title e_pirates then the character with the title disappears, leaving an empty kingdom. If one were to somehow create an Iceland title like that then Iceland would appear uninhabited until it is given to someone else.

Currently at the year 616: Top 15 Powers ( in order of strength)

1. Byzantine Empire
Leader: Basileus Pamphilios Taraisis the Great
Culture: Greek
Religion: Nicene
2. Umma al-Islam
Leader: Caliph Zahir Lakhmid
Culture: Bedouin
Religion: Sunni
3. Huns
Leader: Khagan Akhal the Hun "the Holy"
Culture: Hunnic
Religion: Reformed Steppe Pagan
4. Persian Empire
Leader: Shahanshah Aurang Sassanid the Great
Culture: Persian
Religion: Zoroastrian
5. Armorica
Leader: Ri Nominoe Breizh
Culture: Armorican
Religion: Celtic
6. Deccan Empire
Leader: Samrat Tulo Vakatakas
Culture: Marathi
Religion: Buddhist
7. Rajastan
Leader: Samrat Kavanpal III Nanukid
Culture: Rajput
Religion: Hindu
8. Aquitaine
Leader: Puidi Aiwarekis II Balti
Culture: Visigothic
Religion: Arian
9. Axum
Leader: Baccinbaxaba Ogbae II Zoskales
Culture: Ethiopian
Religion: Miaphysite
10. Vandalica
Leader: Puidi Genseric Genseri the Able
Culture: Vandalic
Religion: Arian
11. Provence
Leader: Lord Odelric Meroving
Culture: Old Frankish
Religion: Germanic Pagan
12. Ireland
Leader: Ri Faelan Ua Neill Noigiallaich
Culture: Irish
Religion: Celtic
13. Hepthalites
Leader: Shahanshah Artabazu Hepthal
Culture: Bactrian
Religion: Zoroastrian
14. Tamilakan
Leader: Maharaja Marapannan II Kalabhras
Culture: Tamil
Religion: Hindu
15. Brabant
Leader: Lord Ragno Meroving
Culture: French
Religion: Nicene

Political Map:
qSLvfZe.png

Religious Map:
jGv50bN.png

Cultural Map:
JF6RrqH.png

I think the Huns need to be balanced. :rofl:

It's just funny to see them so strong.

They and the Celtic Pagans are too strong

What your saying is that they can´t reassert themselves? While I agree that no religion should be too powerful, not even Christianity, I think that every single pagan religion should be reformable and that all the branches of Christianity should have the same "conversion power". Or am I just being unhistorical now?

Also, it looks like the Schism in this world is Arian and Nicene, which makes it like if Catholic and Orthodox could holy war. And if the Great Schism happens, Nicene is doomed.

I agree with that Arianism seems more powerful and more fun to be and I certainly would welcome the idea if every religion could holy war every other religion, even Nicene against Arianism and the other heresies

I've figured out how to get the legions working, seeing as it's the first time I've been modding, they'll probably be up tomorrow, or as soon as I can get flags for them.
Any ideas on the numbers and how many?

Sassanids can do with debuffing. They are too successful, may buff Heftalites or Muslims?
How so? They seem to have lost land in some areas (mostly in Armenia and Eastern Arabia) and gained in others (mostly in central Arabia) compared with the initial map. If it is only 616 they are maybe a bit weaker at least territory-wise than they were historically at that point but as they presumably avoided the bloody and pointless 602-28 war with the Byzantines in this timeline they are not as ripe for the taking as they were in our own. Given how large the effects of that war were on the Byzantines and the Sassanids and how much it contributed to the rise of Islam it is not surprising that the Sassanids have held strong.

I love the resurgent Huns.

This is likely your last priority, but I recommend asking for better religious icons on AnaxXiphos' art thread. right now the icons look pretty ugly.

I feel like there is a bit too much settling going on, especially of the Huns and Visigoths.

Exactly this. The Visigoths and the Huns should not be that powerful and be threatened by Tengri hordes (the Huns) and by Muslims (if they exist) or Franks (the visigoths). Also they should have to fight a lot of revolts. A lot of big Empires that should not be existing due to being pushed by other migrants. But this is maybe a bit to early too, to make any conclusion. Central Europe is just a mess.

What is difficult about the Athurian Legend, is that we don´t really know when he lived. I mean, either he has already died or, he won´t be born for several centuries. In my opinion, there are just too many people thought to be Arthur to make something in-game that has any historical accuracy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arthurian_characters

You could at the very least put in Ambrosius Aurelianus, as he did exist, and was one of the last Roman commanders leading, and defending the Britons from the Saxons. Some say he is also the historical base for King Arthur. Either him, or a soldier underneath him. But Ambrosius was no king. He was a warlord, and some of the oldest legends say Arthur was a warlord and not a king. These Anglo-Saxon invasion of the Celts is a historically huge thing. I don't advise neglecting it because we don't know 100% what happened.

Exactly this. The Visigoths and the Huns should not be that powerful and be threatened by Tengri hordes (the Huns) and by Muslims (if they exist) or Franks (the visigoths). Also they should have to fight a lot of revolts. A lot of big Empires that should not be existing due to being pushed by other migrants. But this is maybe a bit to early too, to make any conclusion. Central Europe is just a mess.

I can agree on the Huns, their glory days are basically gone. But the Visigoths? Under Euric, they have seized all the rest of uncontrolled Hispania (except the Suebi ruled lands), reseized Provence and pushed as far north as Clermont-Ferrand + he won a civil war against his rivals! Don´t you tell that is not a powerful king and a powerful kingdom

If they should be debuffed or something, let it be done after Alaric II gets ass-stomped in the Battle of Vouillé
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vouillé

I can agree on the Huns, their glory days are basically gone. But the Visigoths? Under Euric, they have seized all the rest of uncontrolled Hispania (except the Suebi ruled lands), reseized Provence and pushed as far north as Clermont-Ferrand + he won a civil war against his rivals! Don´t you tell that is not a powerful king and a powerful kingdom

If they should be debuffed or something, let it be done after Alaric II gets ass-stomped in the Battle of Vouillé
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vouillé
I agree. The point I had originally raised was that Spain was not greatly settled by Goths, just as the Huns did not settle in great numbers. I think that we need some way for rulers to switch more quickly and easily to the cultures they rule over.

Status
Not open for further replies.